Poll

Typeface [Page 45]

Pirulen
22 (50%)
Battlefield
22 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Halo Legendary Trilogy [In developement]  (Read 133863 times)

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
Hey, I'll have you guys know that I like the glowing sword.
Then again, I never actually clocked halo1 (got pretty far) and I've only played the first mission and a bit in halo2....

Getting the patch now.

[EDIT]
Ok, I think that mini gun needs work to make it fair. Almost a second startup? Its insane. Basicly to hit someone you have to know they're coming, or have them shoot allies for a while. I say take down some of the startup time. You can ballance it as you want from there but IMO 50 ticks is just too long.
Oh, and I think I liked the old needler better, but I need to compare them to get a better idea of what changed. This new one looks too...pixely? bumpy? not sure how to say it. I'll compare them tomorrow and say more.

BTW, I'm really tired right now (like, wasted tired) so if I sound a little harsh, thats why ;). Oh, and my opinion might be a little off because I'm tired and stuff. I just can't seem to play well with any gun right now. >.<;

P.S. The weapons.ini file can also go in the mods folder you know? It doesn't need to replace the default one like how you set it up in the patch and stuff.

P.P.S. The mods/interface-gfx/guns folder IS loaded by the mod, but the rest isn't if you were wondering.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 07:48:15 am by Hiro »
I am but a figment of your imagination. You are creating me to see what perfection is.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
Yeah, guns is loaded, but the interface isn't. For some stupid reason.

50 tick startup's the same as the default minigun actually, but I can take it down slightly. Hey, at least its a shorter startup than the Spartan Laser. Besides, the AIE's not an assault weapon, it's a defensive weapon, so I think the spraying-and-hurting-but-not-killing that the startup time imposes is okay, but, how about I move it down to 40 ticks?

The Needler, all I did was boost up contrast in Photoshop. So it may be why you're noticing the little needles on top. I'm still not satisfied with it though. The needler is THE hardest in-game weapon to do (shotgun is 2nd hardest) -- The needler was the first weapon I ever tried to create and 2 years later, I'm still working on it. *sigh*

And sorry, I was paranoid about the weapons.ini not working in the mods folder, since when I converted the mod to 1.4.1, the weapons.ini on the mods folder didn't work (because I didn't put in the Reload=X lines) but I haven't been trustful of the mod parameter ever since. Come to think about I never ever used the mod parameter myself. I've always "hard-installed" mods, like back in the old days of 1.2.1.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 09:23:01 am by Espadon »
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline ScarabGun

• Major(1)
  • Hard to Get, Worth the While
Ah ok, but it just glows.. there is no slashing motion
AK | Deagles | Ruger | Knife | Law
Ingame | scarabGUN

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
Uh hunh. There's no way to do that. Just jump, prone and fly to simulate lunging. Or run through your enemies.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline ScarabGun

• Major(1)
  • Hard to Get, Worth the While
Oh.... ok
AK | Deagles | Ruger | Knife | Law
Ingame | scarabGUN

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
No, there is actually an animation mod that simulates swinging. I'll try to find it.

Edit: No, never mind, it's for the knife, not the saw.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 02:31:59 pm by mxyzptlk »

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline pinOi32

• Camper
  • "Bravo kid's bad day"
    • Newgrounds
holy melancholy when does this come out?? and the patch attachment gets a 404 error so I cant download it!  :'(
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 02:31:21 pm by pinOi32 »
Pls use my amazing interface:
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=27584

I WIN!!

WHY MY KARMA SUCK??

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
Ah there's a Filefront mirror for the patch below the post with the finked attachment...which I'm going to remove right now.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
Re: Halo Legendary Trilogy [In developement, Cumulative Patch 1 | Page 12]
« Reply #248 on: July 10, 2007, 02:29:44 am »
Yeah, the beta got closed.

Actually, where are all the other beta testers? Am I seriously the only one that knows what beta testers are supposed to do? (Give feed back)
I don't see much feedback. Maybe we(you) need beta2 so more people can test stuff.

Heh, is that all you did to the needler? Wow, I probably never paid it attention before... It's good once I think about it: It's SUPPOSED to be spikey. And about the mini gun, maybe I was just being a prick 'cos I was sucking? Dunno. Time to test it more!
I am but a figment of your imagination. You are creating me to see what perfection is.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #249 on: July 10, 2007, 05:41:25 am »
Actually, where are all the other beta testers? Am I seriously the only one that knows what beta testers are supposed to do? (Give feed back)
I don't see much feedback. Maybe we(you) need beta2 so more people can test stuff.

...and that's why I closed the Beta. I realized most people that were hopping around for the Beta were just going to take the Beta for the full mod. Once they've grabbed the Beta, they disappear. It's analogous to that woman that you sleep with that you find gone the next morning. So if there's any more Betas, they'll be privately issued to people I know are really interested.

Thanks for the feedback Hiro. The M7 should be nerfed and M6Gs buffed, don't you think?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 08:41:16 am by Espadon »
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Oliver_1992

• Major
  • Oliver
« Reply #250 on: July 10, 2007, 09:12:12 pm »
when will this mod come out???????

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #251 on: July 11, 2007, 12:52:56 am »
Hmm, I'm still a little fuzzy with the names. Hold on, I'll have a look.

[EDIT]

Yup, I think your right. Although less so on buffing the M6Gs and more on nerfing the m7.
BTW, that flamer makes my computer lag. >.<; I think maybe a little too overpowered? Then again, it IS a bonus thing so it's up to you.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 01:00:22 am by Hiro »

Offline Bunney

• Flagrunner
  • Early Rave/Oldskool <3
« Reply #252 on: July 11, 2007, 03:56:40 am »
Keep on with teh good work Espadon! w00t!! i cant wait ><

Offline Lance Corporal

• Major
  • EAT PLASMA
« Reply #253 on: July 11, 2007, 02:22:05 pm »
brute shot rounds in halo 3 are a collage of colors, its like blue and pink, like an energy weapon or something, your prolly better off sticking with what you got, my memory is slightly fuzzy on that. (i never used the brute shot much in the beta, given that it completely and utterly sucked.)
Fate is one's way of being a pansy and not being able to take the blame for their own actions, or making excuses not to make the effort to better themselves.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #254 on: July 11, 2007, 03:15:27 pm »
Kinda weird how damage in the novels vary so greatly. In Halo: First Strike, the Brute Shot easily blew open Grace, a Spartan. In Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, Frederic-104 shot a Brute Shot into a elevator full of Brutes and did SQUAT. It's strange how a Brute can be easily killed by a 14.5 mm AP round through the head while a Brute Shot merely stuns them. And there's also a discrepancy where Fred gets a direct hit from a Fuel Rod on the chest and survives, while later, Will gets the same treatment and dies instantly.

So, do the ONI spooks pick favorites on who's shields are stronger?

I'll release another patch soon then. If anyone ha scrounged up any sounds, lemme know ~ Thanks.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #255 on: July 11, 2007, 04:07:55 pm »
Lol, that's the problem with novels. The story must go as planned, nevermind what went on before. So if the author says someone dies, they die. ;)

Offline fast_ede

• Major(1)
« Reply #256 on: July 12, 2007, 12:48:18 am »
Yea, Also In Ghosts of Onyx he(I forgot his name) leaves his Mjolnir armor behind for the spartan 3's armor saying it was so he wouldn't be set apart from them. But then later when they meet up with more spartan 2's they say that they meld together with the spartan 3's to form a perfect group. Yet they use different armor... Also Espadon, I'm not much on MSN so you might have to wait a bit for the sfx. I've been working 12 hour days.

Ingame name - Lt. Blackburn

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #257 on: July 12, 2007, 11:54:18 am »
Yeah, no problemo Blackburn.

Kurt leaves behind his Mjolnir Mark IV armor on Onyx; but the thing I'm wondering about is what Kurt did to it. In First Strike, Master Chief rigs Grace's suit to blow up so to not leave behind any technology that could be copied by the Covenant. Sounds to me Kurt was kinda negligent to have simply left his Mjolnir IV suit in a simple steel safe, eh? Well of course it would have been destroyed either way when all the sentinels activated and blew the surface crust to smithereens.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline fast_ede

• Major(1)
« Reply #258 on: July 13, 2007, 02:32:07 am »
Yea , I was thinking of that too. But all in all , good books. I got a few days off so I should be on a bit more. I'll put all the sfx into a .rar and when your on MSN I'll give them to you.

Ingame name - Lt. Blackburn

Offline HerGatiox

• Major(1)
« Reply #259 on: July 13, 2007, 08:18:04 am »
When we can download Halo mod ?? 5-6 weeks ? or more :schock:
Image removed, please read the forum rules.