Poll

Typeface [Page 45]

Pirulen
22 (50%)
Battlefield
22 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Halo Legendary Trilogy [In developement]  (Read 133829 times)

Offline ace

• Soldier
  • Known as AFX.
    • My website :3
Re: Halo Legendary Trilogy [In developement]
« Reply #360 on: July 28, 2007, 08:45:41 pm »
when can i download this?

Offline fast_ede

• Major(1)
« Reply #361 on: July 28, 2007, 08:59:38 pm »
Ace, read more, it's good for you.

The plasma rifle and SMG both don't need to be dual wielded. Part of the balance in the Halo's is plasma rifles overheat, and since it doesn't overheat in soldat, you can blast off a very large amount of shots WITHOUT stopping, unlike halo, making it more powerful. meaning it will NOT need to be doubled. SMG can fire off so many shots and reload so fast that it doesn't matter that it's a single(and since you have a infinite ammo supply for most human weapons...). You can't compare Halo Balancing to Soldat balancing. so don't try.

Ingame name - Lt. Blackburn

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #362 on: July 29, 2007, 04:07:03 am »
Good point fast_ede (do I call you Fast or Ede? O.o). I didn't even mention the ammo thing. I really like how this mod makes you use the throw gun button for more than just knifeing stuff. It's a big part of the ballance for this mod; things like how the rocket launcher can't reload, or the spartan laser, or the plasma guns. It's really quite well done actually.
I am but a figment of your imagination. You are creating me to see what perfection is.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #363 on: July 29, 2007, 07:01:00 am »
I have a XBOX and a halo2, you want to borrow it(you are paying for shipping fee)?

you really should remove smg from the multiplayer, a smg dosent kill fast enough to be considered a primary, replace it w/ a BR or some brute weapon instead.

make the plasma rifle and needler dual weilded(make it just 3-4 pixels right and 1 pix up), b/c they will never stand a chance fighting a guy w/ a BR/AR.

change the bow into something else, maybe you can make it shoot fuel rod and make the bow's graphic into a hunter shield.

You really got the weapons messed up don't you? First of all, if you couldn't tell, the Multiplayer set was based on Halo 3. In Halo 3, the SMG's a more powerful weapon. Uh, and I already have plans for the BR -- it's the AR replacement.
The "fake" dual-wield is an absolute modding faux-pas to me; I hate it, it looks bad, and you'll never see it on any of my mods.
And really, I can't see how a FRG+Shield is more graceful than the Drake Needler for the bow. Those reasons, in addition to the excellent points made above by Hiro and Blackburn, are why I'm not going to change the weapons so radically.
It's not that I'm against changes, its just the changes you suggested really don't make any sense.

Thanks but no thanks for the Halo 2 offer -- I'm really not allowed to play any kind of game at all, technically, so this mod is... clandestine activity.
-----------------------------------------

Here is my updated Registered Halo 3 interface. I blurred out some things so some of you can't go autistic on me. I'm sorely disappointed that said people didn't have faith in my perfectionist ways; surely I'm not going to release anything half-assed. I'm also disappointed that more took to staring at the boxes than noticing that there was no Jet-bar or Fire-bar...

...anyways this updated version sports a Vest-bar that drains vertically and a Jet indicator, and some refined alignments. Still no Fire-bar, as there's no such thing in Halo, but if you guys feel its necessary (I think it is for some things online, such as sniping), I'll contrive of a way to add it.

I'll release this soon...
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline adadqgg

• Soldier
  • Yuri for the win ~desu
« Reply #364 on: July 29, 2007, 04:12:35 pm »
I know a great Idea on how to make fire bar, just make it like the heat indicater on plasma rifle(have some hole on the graphic and make the actual fire bar behind the plasma rifle graphic(I never modded a custom interface b4 so Im not sure If you can do that, sry if Im wrong).

Date Posted: July 29, 2007, 05:09:00 PM
two more Idea, make the blood into shield spark and make lil blood blood.
and make plasma rifle have 300 rounds.

Shikabane Hime... Undead girls... Dual-wielding Mac 11s... Epic bayonets... WIN!

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #365 on: July 29, 2007, 08:19:48 pm »
Correct me on this: for the second map, the flags spawn over the bottom paths, which are shown as dead-ends.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #366 on: July 29, 2007, 08:44:03 pm »
Correct me on this: for the second map, the flags spawn over the bottom paths, which are shown as dead-ends.

Oh no, not really; I was just showing the overall concept. It's just kind of like ctf_Equinox (I always thought the 1.3.1 version was better).

I know a great Idea on how to make fire bar, just make it like the heat indicater on plasma rifle(have some hole on the graphic and make the actual fire bar behind the plasma rifle graphic(I never modded a custom interface b4 so Im not sure If you can do that, sry if Im wrong).

Date Posted: July 29, 2007, 05:09:00 PM
two more Idea, make the blood into shield spark and make lil blood blood.
and make plasma rifle have 300 rounds.

I tried the spark thing on both Blood and Splat before I settled on using Puff. It really doesn't work with Blood and Splat. I mean, it looks so cheap. And as for the interface idea, I was thinking the exact same thing, but I scrapped it because it would clutter too much of the screen. I might make it an option though, but I'd have to first find a distortion-free Halo 3 screenshot first, which is something that doesn't exist right now. As a technical note, it'll be impossible to have the plasma gun ammo indicator drain downwards while the ammo indicator above drains leftwards.

On the Plasma Rifle ammo, I'm gonna say no to that, because it'll just make the PR too "useful." I want it to be a powerful but throw-away weapon, and having 300 ammo is just asking for Plasma Rifle lamers.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 08:47:00 pm by Espadon »
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #367 on: July 29, 2007, 11:05:13 pm »
I think it's good how it is, if you remember not to reload between skirmishes like I do for normal autos. >.^ It's good this way because it doesn't have to reload for quite some time, but it's not forever. >.^

Hmmm, no fire bar eh? But then again, even sniping in this mod doesn't really need a firebar. If you were to use it with normal soldat then it probably should have a fire bar. Is it just me or does the shield bar stick out a pixel or so on the left?
And how did you get the powerup text over on the left?
I am but a figment of your imagination. You are creating me to see what perfection is.

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #368 on: July 30, 2007, 06:13:09 am »
make it a radar type of blip, but it's for the fire bar, if not that then i don't know what else you could consider. Also about the campaign type question, i didn't mean it like that but meh. Map percentage complete= about 10%
*Almost all of the planning has been done, im up to placing poly's right now, i'll start the initial placing tomorrow(As it is my day off) Also, as for sceneries, what should i use, i'm doing the windmill level on halo 2(No idea what it is called) and i suck at making sceneries, like for instance, i need those boxes that explode if you shoot them, they've got a sort of blue line along them. I would need something like that.

Edit: I've reconsidered the map layout, im going to add some tunnles into it, so it isn't too much like Trench war. Im starting with the windmill section.
I'll tell you what i get up to tomorrow.
Lol, internets.

Offline henry_12i

• Major(1)
  • {^o^} Soldat Owns You!
« Reply #369 on: July 30, 2007, 07:17:50 am »
Im starting fixing my map, i havent really done much coz i have heaps of school work to do. Hopefully ill have some more done soon.
Insult me and I'll slap you!... or maybe not. :D

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #370 on: July 30, 2007, 09:32:14 pm »
Hmmm, no fire bar eh? But then again, even sniping in this mod doesn't really need a firebar. If you were to use it with normal soldat then it probably should have a fire bar. Is it just me or does the shield bar stick out a pixel or so on the left?
And how did you get the powerup text over on the left?

The health/vest bar looks funny on the left side due to some weird alpha-T differential; I'm working to fix it but so far, nothing's really been working. I'm still fiddling with alignments...eh.

Powerup text is on the left because I'm playing in windowed mode. ;) Don't be too expectant, I'm not that much of a miracle-worker.
----------------------------
Pie and Henry; thanks for all your help in the maps; the mod isn't going to be out for a while, so don't rush it.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #371 on: July 31, 2007, 04:33:53 am »
Oh, ok. On my windowed mode the powerup text is still centered...
As for "alpha-T"....Good luck buddy, I have no idea what that means. XD

Offline brad

• Soldier
  • In-Game Name: <F&S>Frosty the Snowman
« Reply #372 on: July 31, 2007, 09:25:35 am »
Alpha-T = Alpha Transparency

"I am serious... and don't call me Shirley."
Halo: Legendary Trilogy

Offline adadqgg

• Soldier
  • Yuri for the win ~desu
« Reply #373 on: July 31, 2007, 09:47:33 am »
here are some Ideas for fixes:

the gostek has a two-tone leg color(either make udo lighter or make the other one darker).

MA5C need a shorter barrel and you should make it fatter

when you edit sounds, note that in halo2(I havent played halo3) the plasma rifle's
firing sound
 has a metallic ringing in it.
needler has different sound too, but it has more of a spitting feel to it.

you should atleast make the AR more accurate now that its slower.

sniper rifle bullet needs to be longer and whiter,

you definitly need to take out the marine helmet, who cares about puny marines?
instead, you should make it either a infested spartan and then make the current flood head infested elite(the current one looks like a flower).

make AR, SMG, Plasma rifle's sounds louder.

put a little black on the back of the udo(if facing right, put black on the left side), that represents the ballistic under layer of the Mjolnir armor, do the same to reka(forearm, but put it on the top).

needler need to be alittle bit slower(+1 interval), and make it stronger.
here are the thing I think you should add to the mod after I played the newest version.
beta tester enough for ya?

dual needler(bow)'s non-explosive mode should have less damage.

minigun is good, add a little bit accuracy would be even better.

fisting animation should be sudden(the first four frame should be the fist/weapon already hitting the enemy, the rest of them should be arm pulling back, I'll mod it for you if you want).

grenades need less power and more range(speed - 7-15, and damage - 50000).

plasma pistol need a longer start-up time(start-up time should be 20), and the clip size should be 1(reload could be 120), you can increase some damage.

brute shot should fire clusters, also change the cluster's gfx.

fisting should be a 2-hit kill.

you can make jet into two jump pad, but it might look bad(changing lecistopa into boots w/ jump pad pointed down, and make jet totally transparant).

make grenade just four pixels w/ a grey pixel sticking up.

make boot bigger.

change SMG back to mat black, b/c it is matte black, then make it longer b/c when you are only holding one SMG its stock will be extended, and make its magzine shorter.

Shikabane Hime... Undead girls... Dual-wielding Mac 11s... Epic bayonets... WIN!

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #374 on: July 31, 2007, 10:23:03 am »
I think you're lacking in modding experience to suggest some of these tweaks; some are very good, but others are not feasible...

Keep in mind that this is the Multiplayer Beta, so any POA changes will be for the offline version (but I'll try to do it).

And I personally love marines. And flood helmets just won't look right... Uh, but I think I'm going to replace the SIII hair with the Arbiter's helmet.

Why does the Brute shot fire clusters? I see..oh, as in cluster frags. I was thinking just the too, but right now the fragments are blue for the plasma nade... I'll changed the brute shot to cluster if I can find a cluster alternative that has grey fragments.

Minigun inaccuracy is fine, I really don't care for overpowering. It already has enough ammo and image to blast through like 6 people at once.

And you're right about the explosive needler...will nerf that.

Nade coloring is directly from Halo 2 manual, and you're describing the Halo 1 nade, so that's a No also...nobody wants to play a Halo 1 mod you know? There are tons of those lying around.

MA5C is fine, you're still thinking about the old MA5B, which is stubbier. Get that Halo 1 crap out of your head. Same with the Udos, really no way to do two-toned accurately (and they can't be color changed independantly because of how they are animated), and Blackburn suggested having the boot bigger, but that's not possible, as it will cause even more alignment issues than the gostek already has. And the Jet thing...is just bizarre.

I'll consider the other stuff; the sfx advice is good. Thanks ada.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline adadqgg

• Soldier
  • Yuri for the win ~desu
« Reply #375 on: July 31, 2007, 10:44:43 am »
I think you're lacking in modding experience to suggest some of these tweaks; some are very good, but others are not feasible...

Keep in mind that this is the Multiplayer Beta, so any POA changes will be for the offline version (but I'll try to do it).

And I personally love marines. And flood helmets just won't look right... Uh, but I think I'm going to replace the SIII hair with the Arbiter's helmet.

Why does the Brute shot fire clusters? I see..oh, as in cluster frags. I was thinking just the too, but right now the fragments are blue for the plasma nade... I'll changed the brute shot to cluster if I can find a cluster alternative that has grey fragments.

Minigun inaccuracy is fine, I really don't care for overpowering. It already has enough ammo and image to blast through like 6 people at once.

And you're right about the explosive needler...will nerf that.

Nade coloring is directly from Halo 2 manual, and you're describing the Halo 1 nade, so that's a No also...nobody wants to play a Halo 1 mod you know? There are tons of those lying around.

MA5C is fine, you're still thinking about the old MA5B, which is stubbier. Get that Halo 1 crap out of your head. Same with the Udos, really no way to do two-toned accurately (and they can't be color changed independantly because of how they are animated), and Blackburn suggested having the boot bigger, but that's not possible, as it will cause even more alignment issues than the gostek already has. And the Jet thing...is just bizarre.

I'll consider the other stuff; the sfx advice is good. Thanks ada.
sorry about the halo1 crap, but I dont think I said anything about grenades color. I only said you should change the grenade's shape alittle.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #376 on: July 31, 2007, 11:48:50 am »
The one you suggested was the first version of the grenade I ever made. Trust me, it doesn't look as good as you think it looks in your head.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #377 on: July 31, 2007, 11:24:04 pm »
Ada: dual needler(bow)'s non-explosive mode should have less damage.
Espadon: And you're right about the explosive needler...will nerf that.

Does anyone else see something wrong here?  :)

I like the marine helmet. It's cool.

Minigun is already overpowered....no need to make it accurate to boot.

The Plasma pistol should not reload, it's a plasma gun. Giving it a clip size of 1 just wouldn't be fair. I think it's good as it is. Although maaaaybe the startup time should be a little longer to better emulate the charge up time for the fully charged shot it's shooting.

I agree that that jetting idea is just weird...

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #378 on: July 31, 2007, 11:27:47 pm »
Minigun is already overpowered....no need to make it accurate to boot.

Um....
It is possible to use, now, but by no means under any imagination is it possibly overpowered.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #379 on: July 31, 2007, 11:36:15 pm »
Well, I seem to be able to rip anyone apart with it (unless I get unlucky) and then immediately go maul the next person.
It seriously can't be that I'm that good. Am I somehow missing an update?

[EDIT]

Ok, so maybe it's not that bad. I think it balances quite well ATM actually. Partially by dint of the fact that I can fire continuously for like 10 seconds.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 11:42:57 pm by Hiro »