Poll

Typeface [Page 45]

Pirulen
22 (50%)
Battlefield
22 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Halo Legendary Trilogy [In developement]  (Read 133797 times)

Offline Shagohod

• Major(1)
Re: Halo Legendary Trilogy [In developement]
« Reply #500 on: August 26, 2007, 03:15:22 pm »
Holy crap  :o i love it

I like the interface how its transparent but especioly the soldier but will the radar work?

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #501 on: August 26, 2007, 06:43:52 pm »
"Radar" is a place to put the ping dot. Eh.

Date Posted: August 26, 2007, 04:38:27 PM

Halo 3 Needler.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Shagohod

• Major(1)
« Reply #502 on: August 26, 2007, 08:16:19 pm »
ah ok cool

How many hours did you spent to date doing this (if you counted them)

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #503 on: August 26, 2007, 09:48:04 pm »
Dunno. Hundreds. It's all spread out over 3 years (you can tell I'm terribly proud of this fact).
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #504 on: August 26, 2007, 11:03:52 pm »
Sweet looking guns. Can't wait to test them.

Oh yeah, the visor thing. It turns out that its the helmet. None of your custom halo bots use the helmet so it didn't show up but the default bots do wear helmets so that's why it looked like a probelm with them. Its just that in the helm.bmp graphic the visor is solid white, meaning it gets turned solid blue or red depending on the team. It's not much of a problem but I would suggest putting some shading or something in just to make the visor a little more interesting and a little less flat (unless its supposed to look like that  ;) ).

[EDIT]
Hey, after playing with the Spartan Laser for a bit I think its kinda strong (I got lucky and killed all 5 of their team in 3 shots, yay). I think it ballances well in combat (as in, when two people meet it doesn't give one an advantage) but I would suggest making it's ammo count 6 and then stopping it from reloading.
Your thoughts, Espadon (and other beta testers)?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 12:54:48 am by Hiro »
I am but a figment of your imagination. You are creating me to see what perfection is.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #505 on: August 27, 2007, 05:35:24 am »
But the Spartan Laser has a confirmed ammo of 5 I say. And it used to be non-reloadable, but that was kind of goofy for a 5-shot primary, you know? Unfortunately since 1.4 or so there was a reload time limit of 10 seconds so you can't have reloads now beyond 600 ticks.

And I don't think I've ever fixed the ODST/CQB helmet in a patch (cuz I'm still not happy with it). I'll try to address that in CP3.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Bunney

• Flagrunner
  • Early Rave/Oldskool <3
« Reply #506 on: August 27, 2007, 10:02:24 am »
OMGAWD! Masterchief looks realy good. damm thats realy nice Espadon ;)
And the spiker looks amazing ! :D

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #507 on: August 27, 2007, 05:45:23 pm »
[New Fist]

On the Left is the in-game PNG in the killlog. Right is the original BMP from which the PNG was resampled.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Tosty

• Soldier
  • Ultimate TW Medic
    • Just Click it
« Reply #508 on: August 27, 2007, 06:51:55 pm »
BTW
you can to make the relode time over 600

I made my laws 9000 to se if it would work and it did

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #509 on: August 27, 2007, 10:59:37 pm »
He's right, you can make it over 600.
If the ammo count is supposed to be 5 then that's final. It might be just me, but I just thought it might be a bit fast reloading (even though it is long). Tell me if its just me and I'll shut up. >.^ I thought about it and having no reload with only 5 ammo isn't fair, making it shoot better isn't fair: the only thing I can think of to change is the reload time.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 11:01:31 pm by Hiro »
I am but a figment of your imagination. You are creating me to see what perfection is.

Offline Nemihara

• Major
  • Thanatos
« Reply #510 on: August 28, 2007, 01:19:58 am »
I also don't like how it's hard to aim and fire; the sniper rifle is obviously better.  As much as I hate to admit it, this is a weapon that has got to go.  Only 5 shots, long reload, start up time, etc.  I personally suggest a portable Gauss turret (It's unquestionably awesome!) or the Battle Rifle, though it fires singles only.
As for the helmets, I've never tried.  It always ended looking funny.  For an example, my original setup before the Mod ends up as a splattered, bloody helmet/torso.  Very odd.
EDIT: Bah.  I just thought of something.  Since the Spartan Laser (which I propose we now call it the laser; it's easier for me to type since I'm lazy) basically overcharges when it's shot, why don't you make it fire once, then 'overheat'?  Whiile it's reloading, play the sound clip.  That way, you can overpower it a little.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 01:23:22 am by Nemihara »

Offline Android id:073

• Major(1)
« Reply #511 on: August 28, 2007, 02:35:05 am »
Does the gold part on the helmet stay gold even if you change the shirt colour?

Got your hands bound, and your head down, and your eyes closed. You look so precious now.

Offline Nemihara

• Major
  • Thanatos
« Reply #512 on: August 28, 2007, 03:36:32 am »
Pretty sure it doesn't matter; I changed everything to MJOLNIR VII color, and it looks no different.

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #513 on: August 28, 2007, 11:01:02 pm »
That helmet there isn't actually even a helmet. It's a hairstyle. I meant the helmet that is when you select "helmet" in the options menu.
No, that /helmet/ (normal hair) will not change the gold bit if you change shirt color. At least I'm pretty sure it wont.

Offline Lapo

• Major(1)
« Reply #514 on: August 29, 2007, 12:32:18 am »
Great work so far! Keep it up, I wanna see this come through ( :!

Offline ace

• Soldier
  • Known as AFX.
    • My website :3
« Reply #515 on: August 29, 2007, 01:07:03 am »
That helmet there isn't actually even a helmet. It's a hairstyle. I meant the helmet that is when you select "helmet" in the options menu.
No, that /helmet/ (normal hair) will not change the gold bit if you change shirt color. At least I'm pretty sure it wont.

So say if you made everything  black in SSCC (soldat skin colour changer) it would still be gold?

Offline Nemihara

• Major
  • Thanatos
« Reply #516 on: August 29, 2007, 11:54:19 am »
My Spartan Laser replacement is working rather nicely; however, I'll upload pics when I feel it looks better.  Still no sound.
Espadon, check your PM.  I sent you some redone files.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #517 on: August 29, 2007, 05:11:58 pm »
So say if you made everything  black in SSCC (soldat skin colour changer) it would still be gold?

Yep. Visor color = skin color + a bit of yellow.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 08:13:15 pm by Espadon »
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Nemihara

• Major
  • Thanatos
« Reply #518 on: August 29, 2007, 10:59:09 pm »
My 'unofficial'   :P replacement to the Spartan Laser, partially finished.

Hard to tell, but I did make some small graphical changes, especially the screen thing.

I like it.  It has a clip of ten, which will recoil the barrel up considerably.  No start-up time, and the shots are adjusted a bit to better match H2.  Not sure if I got it right.  It's just a thought out weapon, because I'm not sure if Bungie's going to include it in the final.  But it functions just as well as the Spartan Laser.  In fact, it makes it less of a weak weapon.  Because we all know that the laser has 5 rounds.  And 5 rounds, plus the fact it can't scope, plus it was supposed to be for anti-vehicles, plus you have to charge it before firing, makes it somewhat...sucky.  Compared to the Sniper Rifle, anyways.  So this tuneup is just another reason to use it again.  Had to increase speed a bit, it looked slow.  And all these changes don't make it a 'god' weapon either.  It still only has 10 bullets, and then you have to reload it.
Anyways, this is my own private version, so unless Espadon wants to include it in the CP3, it'll stay that way.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 11:09:03 pm by Nemihara »

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #519 on: August 30, 2007, 02:28:28 am »
Wait what? That doesn't look like a spartan laser to me (well, not if Espadon's one DOES look like it  ::) )
THAT thing looks to me like a remake of the LAAG minigun's interface graphic. And that in-game looks like it used to be the LAAG aswell IMO (or is it just me?  [retard]).

And just for the record, you need to practice with the laser some more  :D. I once killed all 5 of the enemy team in 3 shots with it (granted I did get pretty lucky, but THEY didn't manage to kill me in the time it took me to plug them all).
I actually suggested that the laser was too powerful because it can reload (which I guess I'll take back because it is a long enough reload time for a fairly hard to use weapon).