Poll

Typeface [Page 45]

Pirulen
22 (50%)
Battlefield
22 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Halo Legendary Trilogy [In developement]  (Read 133741 times)

Offline Lapo

• Major(1)
Re: Halo Legendary Trilogy [In developement]
« Reply #680 on: December 03, 2007, 03:33:55 am »
The weapon balance doesn't phase me. Can we just release it so I can play the damn thing online with the default server settings! ( :

Who plays offline anyways!

Offline Nemihara

• Major
  • Thanatos
« Reply #681 on: December 03, 2007, 03:46:59 am »
Cool, now that the hip fire is fixed, I'm totally for replacing the LAAG.  Thing was weak.
I guess I could give some information to you 'non-beta testers', but all I can really say is that you should look at the screens and imagine Halo guns shooting.   :P

BTW, in Halo: Landfall, the ODSTs fire the BRs in full-auto.  That helps very little, doesn't it?
So, replace it with the Carbine.  Or single shot BRs, like in the original Halo 2 trailer.

^I do.   ;D

Offline LeetFidle

• Camper
  • Poop!
« Reply #682 on: December 03, 2007, 11:25:58 am »
wow. best halo mod ever.
Holy Poop!

Offline .::Blaze::.

• Camper
  • `LMS|Blaze^
« Reply #683 on: December 03, 2007, 05:43:49 pm »
?

just my thought i think the plasma rifle shouldn't take the place of the minium or w/e i think the plasma rifle should take the place of the HK mp5 and put the Battle Rifle in the minmum place.

just my idea. i think it would make more sense.
hey little kid you want some candy, "yes". GET IN THE VAN!

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #684 on: December 03, 2007, 06:46:22 pm »
just my thought i think the plasma rifle shouldn't take the place of the minium [sic] or w/e i think the plasma rifle should take the place of the HK mp5 and put the Battle Rifle in the minmum [sic] place.

just my idea. i think it would make more sense.

It makes totally NO sense for the online weapset. Why would you put the PR in a slot with a quick-reload when the real thing doesn't reload at all? And why would you put the BR in that place when it fits the AUG or AK slot much better?

BTW, in Halo: Landfall, the ODSTs fire the BRs in full-auto.  That helps very little, doesn't it?
So, replace it with the Carbine.  Or single shot BRs, like in the original Halo 2 trailer.

I was just about to suggest it. The thing I'm not sure about is how to make all the crapbags know that we're using the 'real' BR55 instead of the triplet-shot BR that everyone knows. And hell no, the BR is never going to be a single shot. Ruger -> Carbine in the online weapset, and that'll be final.

@ Havoc
Balancing can be done without resorting to weird and inaccurate stuff like a 20-round mag. It'll never fly. Not on my watch.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 06:48:34 pm by Espadon »
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Nemihara

• Major
  • Thanatos
« Reply #685 on: December 03, 2007, 08:32:40 pm »
I still like the three bullet graphics idea, but then how would it make the clip of 36 decrease by 3?
Then there's the full auto, but either you explicitly state that its full-auto (i.e. the BR55 Automatic), or make a new weapon name entirely.
Or what about this weapon?  I think it's called the MA5K, or something.  Not sure whether it's non-cannon or not.  I don't like it, personally.

And I was thinking of replacing the Plasma Rifle with a Sentinel Beam.  Or Spiker.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #686 on: December 03, 2007, 09:56:19 pm »
Spiker = AUG replacement.
Sent Beam might be a Ruger or a Minigun replacement. Totally unsure yet.

MA5K is canon, used by S-IIIs in Ghosts of Onyx. That's a really low-res image you got there. It's not game canon though, so I think it'll be relegated to a bonus pack if I ever get the time.

I'll just let you guys test the delay-bink BR55 once I get the damage balanced, then we'll talk. It'll make sense anyways for the bots in HLT to fire full-auto since the bots in Halo have fired the BR in auto mode, too, right?
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Nemihara

• Major
  • Thanatos
« Reply #687 on: December 04, 2007, 12:36:19 am »
That's a really low-res image you got there.
Well, that's the only picture of it.   ;)
It'll make sense anyways for the bots in HLT to fire full-auto since the bots in Halo have fired the BR in auto mode, too, right?
Not that I remember, no.  But, doesn't matter I suppose.  Hell, just make it full auto already.

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #688 on: December 04, 2007, 12:44:35 am »
Wait, spiker can't be AUG. MA5C is AUG isn't it? Or are there going to be multiple options?

As for suggestions for a Brute shot fire rate...I havn't really played halo 2... XD
I am but a figment of your imagination. You are creating me to see what perfection is.

Offline Lapo

• Major(1)
« Reply #689 on: December 04, 2007, 06:04:26 am »
?

I think the compressed '3' in the Secondary Weapons menu looks out of place. Get rid of it imo, one 3 is enough.

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #690 on: December 04, 2007, 06:57:30 am »
Espadon, the energy blade/sword look ugly as hell with the black outlines. I hate those.
What I'd suggest is to smoothen up with a self-made gradient to make it look like its made out of energy and replace the black outlines for the blade part with a gentle blue outline and if possible, make it glow on the menu with the alpha transparency thing.

Offline LOL

• Major
  • dont read this! read this --->
« Reply #691 on: December 04, 2007, 11:04:26 am »
Got a question wich has been bothring me.

What are you gonna do for blood?

You.

umm....?
Life is like a bathtub the longer you stay in it the more wrinkly you get.

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #692 on: December 04, 2007, 11:06:51 am »
I think the compressed '3' in the Secondary Weapons menu looks out of place. Get rid of it imo, one 3 is enough.

I don't think it's possible to remove the squashed 3, without removing the main one too. There's only one image file for the background, back.bmp, and it uses that for both sections, as well as the scoreboard.

Offline Havoc

• Major(1)
« Reply #693 on: December 04, 2007, 06:14:47 pm »
I just thought that this bit of information would be interesting, Espadon, to your response saying that the 20 round magazine is completely innacurate (taken from Halopedia). It's something to chew on and think about:

It is interesting to note the ammo used for the Battle Rifle. It uses a new 9.5mm x 40 Experimental Round. The 7.62 x 51 mm NATO round is a rather high-powered round used on the MA5B and on modern-day marksman rifles and machine guns. The 7.62 mm already has a history of having too much recoil because of the rounds high power, which made it hard to fire fully-automatically in assault rifles. While the BR55's larger 9.5 mm round would be heavier and would thus presumably generate even more recoil than the 7.62 mm NATO, this is not necessarily the case. Since the Battle Rifle's rounds have a noticeably shorter case length than the 7.62 mm NATO (40 mm vs. 51 mm), they most likely contain much less powder than the 7.62 mm NATO, which would yield less muzzle energy and thus less recoil, making the weapon more manageable.

However, the size of the ammo would have a problem fitting in the 36-round magazine of the current Battle Rifle. If a Heckler Koch G3 (which is chambered in 7.62mm x 51) has a standard magazine count of 20 and be the size that it is, it would be hard to see a cartridge much wider than the 7.62mm fit inside of a magazine of the Battle Rifle's size and with a capacity of 36 rounds. The Battle Rifle's magazine would have to be about twice as long as it actually is to hold that many rounds. This is a continuous pattern with UNSC assault rifles as a similar instance occurred with the MA5B. The MA5B has a magazine of 60 rounds chambered in the 7.62mm x 51 with a rather "small" magazine size, which looks to be smaller than the Battle Rifle's magazine.

Note: Please see discussion about the further speculation about this ammunition at http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:BR55_Battle_Rifle
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 06:19:45 pm by Havoc »

Offline Thinkto urself

• Flagrunner
  • grrrrr
    • sup
« Reply #694 on: December 04, 2007, 06:32:32 pm »
I just thought that this bit of information would be interesting, Espadon, to your response saying that the 20 round magazine is completely innacurate (taken from Halopedia). It's something to chew on and think about:

It is interesting to note the ammo used for the Battle Rifle. It uses a new 9.5mm x 40 Experimental Round. The 7.62 x 51 mm NATO round is a rather high-powered round used on the MA5B and on modern-day marksman rifles and machine guns. The 7.62 mm already has a history of having too much recoil because of the rounds high power, which made it hard to fire fully-automatically in assault rifles. While the BR55's larger 9.5 mm round would be heavier and would thus presumably generate even more recoil than the 7.62 mm NATO, this is not necessarily the case. Since the Battle Rifle's rounds have a noticeably shorter case length than the 7.62 mm NATO (40 mm vs. 51 mm), they most likely contain much less powder than the 7.62 mm NATO, which would yield less muzzle energy and thus less recoil, making the weapon more manageable.

However, the size of the ammo would have a problem fitting in the 36-round magazine of the current Battle Rifle. If a Heckler Koch G3 (which is chambered in 7.62mm x 51) has a standard magazine count of 20 and be the size that it is, it would be hard to see a cartridge much wider than the 7.62mm fit inside of a magazine of the Battle Rifle's size and with a capacity of 36 rounds. The Battle Rifle's magazine would have to be about twice as long as it actually is to hold that many rounds. This is a continuous pattern with UNSC assault rifles as a similar instance occurred with the MA5B. The MA5B has a magazine of 60 rounds chambered in the 7.62mm x 51 with a rather "small" magazine size, which looks to be smaller than the Battle Rifle's magazine.

Note: Please see discussion about the further speculation about this ammunition at http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:BR55_Battle_Rifle
Wow. You are one huge halo techy fan :o. But not to really Put you down but... We're not doing R/S, We can't pick bullet types in the Ini., And I dont like the 20 round Clip either, but Espadon knows that it is 36. I just think you took the 20 round magazine suggestion from someone else(*COUGH*YOURSELF*COUGH*)

"An anomaly of the sea, shrouded in ubiquitous clouds, a mystery to the man as black holes to the world's smartest physicists"

Offline Havoc

• Major(1)
« Reply #695 on: December 04, 2007, 06:51:20 pm »
Actually it's one of the many paragraphs in the BR55HB SR Battle Rifle description (I'm not actually a "techy fan"). I did not put the article together. I just thought it would be interesting to throw this into the discussion.

You can simulate different ammunition types by using the speed, recoil, bink, RoF and damage variables in the weapon files.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #696 on: December 05, 2007, 11:53:53 am »
simple question: can you give us a rough % of how much of the work has been done and the % of time left till the release?
Always remember the succubus...

Offline Thinkto urself

• Flagrunner
  • grrrrr
    • sup
« Reply #697 on: December 05, 2007, 08:26:51 pm »
Got a question wich has been bothring me.

What are you gonna do for blood?

You.

umm....?
Sorry. Just bored, wanted to do something worth it :P
Also Espadon, how are your sounds coming?

"An anomaly of the sea, shrouded in ubiquitous clouds, a mystery to the man as black holes to the world's smartest physicists"

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #698 on: December 05, 2007, 11:07:04 pm »
simple question: can you give us a rough % of how much of the work has been done and the % of time left till the release?

I doubt it. As far as I know there isn't really a set amount to be done before release. Also, are you talking about % time or % content? 'Cos % time is in the air...
I am but a figment of your imagination. You are creating me to see what perfection is.

Offline Nemihara

• Major
  • Thanatos
« Reply #699 on: December 06, 2007, 01:17:36 am »
Stop asking when this comes out.
I'd say, based on the amount of work I've seen, maybe 72+% of the content is done.  But there's nothing wrong with being a perfectionist, huh?
Hiro, are you going to work on the video for the kiddies?  If not, I might.  I also have a game recorder, but not a demo version.  No stinking watermarks for me.
Edit: For those wondering who's in the beta, I'm think I'm in it.  I'm not too sure, though.  I guess I'll have to check.   :)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 01:21:18 am by Nemihara »