Poll

Typeface [Page 45]

Pirulen
22 (50%)
Battlefield
22 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Halo Legendary Trilogy [In developement]  (Read 114374 times)

Offline Temp3st

• Camper
  • Ever wonder what R2-D2 is doing now?
Re: Halo Legendary Trilogy
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2007, 10:04:05 am »
Thats a lot of typing,

Good job anyway.

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2007, 10:23:33 am »
I like a loot the gosteks but the interface weapons looks bad, have too colours

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2007, 10:31:48 am »
lol Tempest, I assume then you didn't read anything I wrote then.

Skykanden, you have already stated that clear enough, thank you very much. Was that second post necessary? I must say I didn't like your lack of detail in your mod. [EDIT: Have you ever even played Halo?]

[Flood Gostek]

Here's a current-stage image of a Bravo-team Flood with elite Flood head. The color is off, yes, I know, I'm working to get the flood fixed.

I've riffling through the forums and there was quite a debate about Flood gosteks for Halo mods. Right now this mod will have both human and elite flood combat forms, with 36 dedicated flood bots in all. As I see it, infection forms would be easy to make; the legs would be blank and the gasbag would just be the pelvis-graphic; it'll give the floaty-bouncy effect.

I was also thinking of replacing the gun with a flood infection form. Wielded, it would look like flood tentacles. Thrown, it becomes a twirling gas bag. Any thoughts on that?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 10:41:45 am by .·: êšþãÐøñ :·. »
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2007, 10:56:05 am »
Yes i played halo, but time ago.

i only said the weapons have too colour, but the yhave detials, the thing i want to say with that is: the pixels have too colour difference. And the forms can be better, but all the rest is great, are the weapons resized?

Offtopic: Ah if you don't like my weapons don't play them :D if you don't know im making a new mod, a modern combat mod, and the details are  really nice

but continue sayin: great job

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2007, 11:24:46 am »
Is it your gamma or something? It looks correct on my display besides, I took the colors from the halo 2 pdf manual where the colors are just slightly brighter than neutral. And no, I never resize images for int-gfx. What do you mean "forms can be better?" As in weapon shapes are not correct? Some weapons are rather fat in the screenshots, yes, but could you elaborate?

PS. I didn't download your mod. ;)
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2007, 11:54:14 am »
I can try, im not a fan of halo but i pm you

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2007, 12:07:19 pm »
All right, Sky here has given me two if his takes on Halo weapons.

[SRS99C-S2 AM]

[Plasma Pistol]

I know the shading on my weapons aren't done yet; but what do you guys think? Sky's for more of a flat matte effect, while what I have right now seems more photorealistic.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2007, 03:22:30 pm »
Those interface graphics look grainy. Still, I am entitled to d/l this since I got into the H3 beta and I want to see how well the Spartan Laser relates to the one in H3. Great job on the weapon shapes. I just wish they didn't look so grainy.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2007, 03:33:33 pm »
I haven't uploaded anything yet, but if I'm convinced that you guys are okay with very sh*tty/none sound effects and having to switch weapons around, I may yet release a beta. I'll see what I can do about "graininess," originally I wanted it so that "no color was used twice in any int-gfx" but thinking back, not sure if that's what people like to see.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2007, 04:36:53 pm »
I haven't uploaded anything yet, but if I'm convinced that you guys are okay with very sh*tty/none sound effects and having to switch weapons around, I may yet release a beta. I'll see what I can do about "graininess," originally I wanted it so that "no color was used twice in any int-gfx" but thinking back, not sure if that's what people like to see.
Well, I mean, Its okay to have the same colours in different weapons, it doesn't take away from quality as long as you don't use same colour palette for each weapon.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2007, 07:10:34 pm »
The thing I'm wondering for the Spartan Laser is that I've read, if you move the targeting reticule while charging it up, the resulting effect would be a shower of lasers instead of one beam. Should I switch the Spartan Laser then, from the Ruger slot (5 shots) to an automatic weapons's slot and set rate to 1 or 0? If I set it to automatic to simulate the laser shower, the only gripe would be the ammunition is infinite, which I don't like.

With most Halo mods, the BR55's triplet burst is simulated by a 3-round magazine; however, this gave the BR55 effectively an infinite magazine. What I did was set the self-bink to a massive amount, and added a slight wind-up delay to force the player into shooting at least 2 rounds but no more than 4 before the cone of fire became ridiculously large. This allowed a proper 36-round magazine, keeping the Human weapon's unique trait: Reloading. The Plasma Rifle and Pistol have 150-round magazine (I'm going to change the PP to a 8 round magazine but set it on overcharge) but have reload time to 600 (which is as much as the game will allow), hopefully it's long enough to force the player into grabbing another weapon. The Plasma Rifle is balanced against the Human weapons however, because of its large magazine and also that it has minimal self-bink, making it excellent for continuous fire compared to the long bursts that the SMG allows or the short ones that the BR55 allows.

As for graininess (it's bothering me now) were you looking at the 2nd interface picture? That was an old low contrast picture that was also saved as a JPEG. The first one is representative of the current stage of the game...
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2007, 10:58:26 pm »
Those interface graphics look grainy. Still, I am entitled to d/l this since I got into the H3 beta and I want to see how well the Spartan Laser relates to the one in H3. Great job on the weapon shapes. I just wish they didn't look so grainy.

spartan laser sucks anyway
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2007, 01:07:14 pm »
  Please, this is not the place to start disputing personal likes or dislikes of certain Halo weapons; all weapons will be included regardless. My mission is to emulate Halo weapons to the best of my ability while keeping gameflow fun and interesting. Tweaks were made to the Spartan Laser due to the lack of vehicles in Soldat; therefore now it's a medium-range anti materiel (not anti material, that's different) weapon. As of now, it can consistently kill 4 people with one shot, however, it has a reasonably long wind-up; making it tough to use in close combat and especially vulnerable to fast firing close-range weapons like the SMG, etc. While you can take down clumps of Flood with it now, Flood can easily overwhelm the long reload and windup, blah blah blah, blah blah.

[M7 Caseless]

I've tweaked the M7 int-gfx too, see what you guys think.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2007, 02:44:56 pm »
  Please, this is not the place to start disputing personal likes or dislikes of certain Halo weapons; all weapons will be included regardless. My mission is to emulate Halo weapons to the best of my ability while keeping gameflow fun and interesting. Tweaks were made to the Spartan Laser due to the lack of vehicles in Soldat; therefore now it's a medium-range anti materiel (not anti material, that's different) weapon. As of now, it can consistently kill 4 people with one shot, however, it has a reasonably long wind-up; making it tough to use in close combat and especially vulnerable to fast firing close-range weapons like the SMG, etc. While you can take down clumps of Flood with it now, Flood can easily overwhelm the long reload and windup, blah blah blah, blah blah.

[M7 Caseless]

I've tweaked the M7 int-gfx too, see what you guys think.
It's great. Definetly  got rid of the graininess. I really want this to be released. Just get rid of the graniness on the shotgun, BR, and the pistols.

Offline Lance Corporal

• Major
  • EAT PLASMA
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2007, 11:34:52 pm »
played halo 3, here is some weapon info.

somebody mentioned that the brute shot didnt fire bullets, but having played halo three, i can tell you that for all intents and purposes it does fire bullets now, its direct fire, and damage is way toned down (its a piece of **** now).

the spartan laser.... i'd keep it in the ruger slot, and just not take into acount what happens when you swing while firing (its excruciatingly hard to get that to matter anyway, but it is possible to survive the laser if you just get skimmed by one of the shots). i suggest, super long rang via speed of bullet, finite ammo (give a negative number on reload time)

needler, well, its needles wont work online with the arrow thing, but people can just tweak with it to play online without special effects. i dont recomend you deviate from your current path there.

also, this may or may not matter to you, but the new shotgun only has six rounds, but does more damage, and if you wanna get really detailed, it also has a flashlight on the side.

new assault rifle, the ma5c, has 32 round clip, slightly more damage (really i raped with the old one, but hell, i guess ill just be happy now that its high res, and still usable)

smg is really loud now, and has decent stopping power, like soldats normal mp5 but with a larger clip and faster rate (basically, it balences out with slight favor to halo).

spiker.... i actually wouldnt blame you if you left this out, because if you go for its stats, its like an uber m79, unstoppable (aka cheap).

carbine.... i forgot to check its rounds, but im almost positive its clip has been extended (if your a good shot, you can get three kills in one clip......... i had this done to my squad god knows how many times.......)

br... same as it was...

brute hammer, your better off not trying, we havn't seen it, nor could you animate it to sync with its damage zone.

spike grenade.... eh, you could do it, but it wouldn't work like in game, nor do i know if grenades in soldat spin or not (not would be good for spike grenades)

also, if you want to make reloading on plasma weapons impossible, you can just make it a negative number, it wont ever reload that way. thankfully, people can keep using weapons they like if they can just find them and pick up slightly used ones, as ammo stays in the gun now.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 11:43:57 pm by Lance Corporal »
Fate is one's way of being a pansy and not being able to take the blame for their own actions, or making excuses not to make the effort to better themselves.

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2007, 07:06:54 am »
More good!

if you fix the others i will play with that mod :D

continue please

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2007, 10:27:59 am »
As it is supposed to be an off line mod, I suppose that finite ammo be used, but only if you want to.

Like, make 2 versions of every weapon, finite ammo and infinite, or make the realistic mod have finite ammo.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline Lance Corporal

• Major
  • EAT PLASMA
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2007, 03:04:32 pm »
As it is supposed to be an off line mod, I suppose that finite ammo be used, but only if you want to.

Like, make 2 versions of every weapon, finite ammo and infinite, or make the realistic mod have finite ammo.

well, i'd think you would only want to do finite of battery type guns and maybe the rocket launcher and fuel rod cannon (to prevent whoring. and to be reasonable)

also i like the two version idea, so if we want to be able to whore against bots, we can.
Fate is one's way of being a pansy and not being able to take the blame for their own actions, or making excuses not to make the effort to better themselves.

Offline Slayer DZ

• Camper
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2007, 04:22:35 pm »
good first time mods are rare, this is on of them, braavo! super start

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2007, 05:01:27 pm »
Thanks much for that information, the weapon balancing notes are something that I can't easily find on Halo Wiki or any other of my sources.

I do have some questions though;
First of all, the shotgun flashlight has been nagging me for a while. As I could see in a screenshot of a right-side view of a Halo 3 shotgun, it appears that there is still the bottom mounted light. Unless the new flashlight is mounted on the right side and the view is tilted slightly upwards, that would mean the H3 shotgun has 2 lights, with one light mounted on the left. Would anyone happen to know where the new flashlight is mounted?

As for the Brute Shot, the bullet/nades still explode, right? Do they still ricochet around like the old ones? If they do, I shall keep them the same, just tone down the damage a bit.

I'm going to discuss what I have for weapons balancing right now. As far as I can surmise, killing people in Halo 2/3 is a bit like in Ivan's Mecha mod -- tough. The Soldat environment is a bit different; viewfields are smaller, foes run proportionally faster. Therefore, as of right now, I've upped the damage on some otherwise "light" weapons like the Needler, and BR, so they stay competitive to the normally anti-vehicle weapons like the Fuel Rod and Spartan Laser. People are a bit easier to kill than in default Soldat, because to make Flood mode a bit more enjoyable. What I might do is have the installer install another, smaller "fixed" Halo Mod in the Mods directory, and that would be the Online version, with weapons modified to work online, and balancing tweaked for PvP play. Otherwise, "Offline" mode would be run form a config file that runs on a database similar to Ivan's MS mod and that would allow one to configure weapons, etc. The online version would have non-reloading Spartan Laser/Fuel Rod/Plasma weapons to prevent, as you said, whoring, while the Offline content would have slow reloading heavy weapons so to play versus Flood more easily. Any ideas?
Grenades/Clusters don't spin, I'm not sure how I'm going to implement the Spike Grenade; most likely as the cluster bomb. It's a shame that the game doesn't care if you set the grenade bulletstyle to a [spinning] M79 shell. I'll tone down the Spiker to SMG-ish, and you're right, Lance, no Gravity Hammer.

As for the MA5C, I just finished it this morning. See what you think...
[MA5C]

[Dual Drake Needlers]

Better or worse?
CRYSO | HLT