Poll

Typeface [Page 45]

Pirulen
22 (50%)
Battlefield
22 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Halo Legendary Trilogy [In developement]  (Read 133886 times)

Offline Lance Corporal

• Major
  • EAT PLASMA
Re: Halo Legendary Trilogy [In developement, No downloads]
« Reply #220 on: July 07, 2007, 02:37:32 pm »
Awesome, man. I cannot wait for this mod to be released.

Question: What is the W/AV M6 G/GNR? I haven't heard of it, but I bet its probably from Halo 3.
 And, M7 Caseless?

Oh and I like how you implemented RvB into your mod =D

I wish I could also provide Halo sounds, but I don't have any effective sound recorders..

m7 caseless is the smg, in case you didnt notice in both the mod and original, the smg didnt have shells, meaning it uses caseless ammunition (something that exists in real life, though it has a habit of murduring the gun its used in.)
Fate is one's way of being a pansy and not being able to take the blame for their own actions, or making excuses not to make the effort to better themselves.

Offline ScarabGun

• Major(1)
  • Hard to Get, Worth the While
« Reply #221 on: July 07, 2007, 03:15:48 pm »
Yeah ok.

Though when I get the mod, I'am just gonna rename W/AV M6 G/GNR to Spartan Laser..

Oh and on the Weapons window, I think it would look better if you only have the Halo 3 Logo only behind the Primary Weapons; but thats just me.
AK | Deagles | Ruger | Knife | Law
Ingame | scarabGUN

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #222 on: July 07, 2007, 05:06:16 pm »
Oh and on the Weapons window, I think it would look better if you only have the Halo 3 Logo only behind the Primary Weapons; but thats just me.

5 Steps ahead of ya there. I have 5 backgrounds: a Halo 1 logo background, Halo 2 logo background, Halo 3 logo background, The "Halo Legendary Trilogy" background, and the Halo (design from the Halo3 site) background. ;)

Keep the ideas coming though.
(Oh and I did supply the Beta with the W/AV M6 G/GNR renamed Spartan Laser because I didn't want to risk some guy saying "u got teh name wrong its teh spartan laser" so I might keep it as such for the final release then)

Date Posted: July 07, 2007, 04:22:42 PM
All right! Here's the Cumulative Patch 1:

This patch includes:

o Completely reworked ranny
o The reworked gosteks from page 10
o Reworked Spartan Laser
o Revised Needler weapons-gfx
o Halo 3 Plasma Rifle
o Halo 3 M41 MAV/AW (Rocket Launcher)
o Halo 3 M7 SMG
o Tweaked weapons.ini (new one)

I nerfed the minigun slightly and buffed the Plasma Rifle slightly. The M41 has been nerfed and now also has a much better missile graphic. Needler received contrast boosts on the in-game graphic and the M7 has been changed to the Halo 3 version, with revisions to both in-game and menu graphics. The M6G menu graphics has also been revised.

Major change is the reversion from PNG menu-graphics to BMP, because 1.4.1 seems to have bugs resizing transparent PNGs (kill-log weapons have a ugly "halo" around them and look badly resampled). Therefore, you'll have to delete all the original PNG menu graphics for the new BMP ones to work.

Phew, I'm glad I finished this patch.

Pretty sure I included everything in the patch...erm, lemme know if some things aren't in the patch. I'll be working on revamped Objects (crates) next.

EDIT: Removed attached file; see post below for Filefront mirror
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 04:01:54 pm by Espadon »
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline ScarabGun

• Major(1)
Lol, alright. I'll try to give more ideas.

--
I dunno why the fuel rod cannon would be the m79 since it fires semi-automatically 6 rockets. Again, thats just me. Um.. the brute shot fires 4 grenades in halo 2 and 6 in halo 3 dunno how its concerned to be some sort of minigun.. it would be better as the ruger since the real brute shot fires 4 grenades while the spartan laser seems more suited for the position of a minigun; although it, obviously, isn't.
I think you should make the Carbine the Ak or Aug, since you implemented the needler as the rambo bow.
--
What is gonna be the turret?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 05:32:01 pm by ScarabGun »
Ingame | scarabGUN

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART

I dunno why the fuel rod cannon would be the m79 since it fires semi-automatically 6 rockets. Again, thats just me. Um.. the brute shot fires 4 grenades in halo 2 and 6 in halo 3 dunno how its concerned to be some sort of minigun.. it would be better as the ruger since the real brute shot fires 4 grenades while the spartan laser seems more suited for the position of a minigun; although it, obviously, isn't.
I think you should make the Carbine the Ak or Aug, since you implemented the needler as the rambo bow.

Lol, you don't seem know the creative power that weapons.ini gives me then.
The Halo 3 Brute Shot is in the M79 slot, because the AIE-486 is more suited to the minigun slot. However, in Halo 2, there is no AIE-486, so the Brute Shot fills up the slot, shooting grenades. The Fuel Rod is in the M79 slot because the M19 is down in the LAW slot and has already laid claim to the Missile graphic, and also, FRG shots in Halo don't have trails. I know that FRG shots in Halo also aren't round and don't spin, but it's an unfortunate and unavoidable compromise (I've experimented many times, but it seems that the kill-logs give credit to the bullets, not the gun; i.e. a deagle that shoots rockets will show up as a LAW kill).

Obviously, the Spartan Laser makes sense in the Barrett slot, but doing so would render the weapon tremendously overpowered, so I put it into the Ruger slot. The minigun slot is aligned to look underslung, so it definitely won't look right to put the shoulder-carried Spartan Laser there. The Carbine also shares the Ruger slot with the Spartan Laser (swapping will be done with a config file) but it has to be semi-auto, not auto (which would be the effect of putting the Carbine in a automatic weapon slot) to have it correspond with the repeated burst-fire pulsing that the BR55 requires.

The Needler is NOT the Rambo Bow -- the dual Drake Needlers are, and those are completely different. The "normal" needler is on the AUG slot.

Anyways, the Beta is the multiplayer aspect. That means both gostek sets are human-based (with 1 Elite headgear) and it has a fixed weapons set that makes sense when used with the default WM (thereby making it easier to use online).

Turret is the M247 GP right now, but I'm working on the Plasma Turret.

Sorry I'm countering all your ideas, but 2 years of working on this mod has shown me what works and what doesn't. Uh, what color is the Brute Shot bullet?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 08:14:08 am by Espadon »
CRYSO | HLT                        

Snake007111

Eh.. The patch link doesn't work here..

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
Hunh, you're right, I got a 404 error too. Okay, here's the patch uploaded to FileFront:

Halo Cumulative Patch 1 at FileFront
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline ScarabGun

• Major(1)
:( Ah, alright..

I believe the Brute Shot bullet colour is, after watching some Halo 3 movies via youtube, I think is grey... can't really tell... o.O
Ingame | scarabGUN

Snake007111

Thank You :D

Offline WeepinAngel

• Major(1)
Hunh, you're right, I got a 404 error too. Okay, here's the patch uploaded to FileFront:

Halo Cumulative Patch 1 at FileFront

The Cumulative Patch 1 doesn't work either...it redirects me.  I tried manually typing it into my PSP to get it to work, but that didn't work.

Date Posted: July 08, 2007, 02:09:12 PM
NVM it's my network.

Offline HerGatiox

• Major(1)
;( its very nice but... form where i can download this ;[
Image removed, please read the forum rules.

Offline WeepinAngel

• Major(1)
you can't.  You missed the BETA.  Wait 'til it's release later this year.

I know I hate it too.  :-\

Offline HerGatiox

• Major(1)
ekh :'( i want this now :D
then when i can download this :'(  ???
Image removed, please read the forum rules.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
when i can download this

When I'm done with it. ;)

There may be more Betas, but I can't say for certain right now.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline fast_ede

• Major(1)
I see you released the patch on Bungie Day, very subtle :P. Does the interface work with mod starter because in-game gfx and weapons.ini will work but the interface gfx doesn't work, which makes me sad. But from what I've played even without interface it's pretty nice. I've been putting in my own sfx since yours  aren't done and I already have a few halo sounds.

Ingame name - Lt. Blackburn

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
I just checked, and unfortunately that's a no. But oddly enough, the menu graphics do run off the mod parameter.

I did include the interface in the Beta, so you can just move them to the default interface-gfx folder -- they won't overwrite the default Soldat interface because they're PNGs.

Yeah, I didn't realize I released the thing on Bungie Day until I saw it later. Maybe it was written in the stars (If you see a pun in there, pun-ch me. No pun intended).

AND, Blackburn, if you have any quality sounds on you, I want them lol. Hey, did you grab the BR55+Needler sound patch back there on page 9?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 05:15:43 pm by Espadon »
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline ScarabGun

• Major(1)
Plasma Pistol fires HUGE plasma bursts, some sounds are too low (but I know its cause its hard for you to find sounds), and the energy sword just glows when you use it??
Ingame | scarabGUN

Offline Coolio

• Camper
  • Well cya all.
O' man this is going to be cool mod. I can't wait until it comes out. i wish it came out today. You are a master of suspense.
BANNED

Offline fast_ede

• Major(1)
No I did not Espadon, Is it still there? I'll check and after I'll check If I have any good quality sounds you don't. I'll post up later

EDIT: got it now. I'll look through your sounds and mine and see whats what.

EDIT2: Okay,
I have a good S2-AM sniper fire and reload.
I have a really good M6D Pistol fire and reload.
I have a good fuel rod explosion sound, but I got the Halo 1 PC Fuel Rod while you have the Halo 2 Fuel Rod. My Fuel Rod has no background sound while yours has a tiny bit. (not very noticable though)
I have a good duel M7 fire.
I have a good M19 SSM fire.
I have a good Halo 1 MA5B ICWS fire.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 12:36:03 am by fast_ede »

Ingame name - Lt. Blackburn

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
Great, I'll take all of them [except Dual M7, no way to make that] because I'm making all the weapons anyways. Looking forward to the S2AM sound especially.

Scarabgun: Yeah I know the plasma shots are a bit big in proportion to the player, but its not possible to make it any smaller and still have a good-looking plasma blot due to the tiny size of things in Soldat. And the glowing energy sword's the best I can make it -- I mean, it's not gonna fit into the knife slot and I think I read somewhere that you could see the Halo 3 energy sword even when it's strapped on as a secondary. If you ever find any way to record sounds, please let me know, mine are all fudded up. ^^
CRYSO | HLT