Poll

Typeface [Page 45]

Pirulen
22 (50%)
Battlefield
22 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Halo Legendary Trilogy [In developement]  (Read 133750 times)

Offline Nemihara

• Major
  • Thanatos
Re: Halo Legendary Trilogy [In developement]
« Reply #720 on: December 11, 2007, 08:08:33 pm »
I could put an alpha-t 'laser' pointer on the S-laser but I'd have to see if I get the plastic-film bug first.

And I know it doesn't sound like the Beam Rifle, but I have neither the Carbine sound nor the S-laser sound, ya know? ;)
Is there a way to use the sniper line as a supplement to the laser pointer?

I could get a Splazer firing sound, but I'd have to figure out a way to get rid of background noise.
How About changing the knife to a gravity hammer and changing the anim to a swing or smash instead of a stab
Natch.  I like the knife.  Since when can you throw hammers?   :P

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #721 on: December 11, 2007, 11:37:57 pm »
Since the hammer throw sport came into being...? :P

Yeah...I think the hammer thing could work, but changing animations is both difficult and normally results in a mod unplayable online.

So knife is good, ya?
I am but a figment of your imagination. You are creating me to see what perfection is.

Offline Pyro

• Major(1)
« Reply #722 on: December 12, 2007, 09:55:29 am »
hey :D this mod looks absolutely incredible, i can tell you put a whole lot of work into this mod. i cant wait for it to come out (can i apply for beta testing or something?).

when i saw you were discussing about the spartan laser, one thing popped into my mind immediately;
LAW. it would be incredibly awesome if you could put the spartan laser into the law spot. when i think about it, it fits perfectly. there is a small start-up time, it is shoulder fired (isn't it in halo too? I'm not sure) it has a long reload time, and it would be SO cool if you were playing online, almost getting slaughtered and then whipping out a HUGE spartan laser and blowing him up.

also, if you could (i don't think you would like it), maybe add a alpha shaded laser sight to the spartan laser, by extending the weapon graphic. it would make people *try* to dodge as they see a laser being aimed at them.

i would also like to suggest to add that minigun from halo, that you can rip out of its stand (i don't know much about halo), to the minigun spot. that would be pretty cool. and then have an improved version of that weapon as an actual stationary gun.

thanks for this great mod, cant wait for it to finish :D

and sorry 'bout my English errors, if any

EDIT: oh, sorry, now i read the complaining about everyone asking about the beta a few pages back. even though i would give active constructive feedback (:P), ill just ask you to ignore the request, and don't start flaming :D

i think its cool that you really got me interested in this, even though I'm not a halo fan :D
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 12:50:25 pm by Pyro »

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #723 on: December 12, 2007, 03:31:32 pm »
Eh, despite the popular belief that the LAW is 'shoulder fired' because it resembles the shoulder-fired WWII-era Bazooka, the LAW is in actually normally hip-fired from a crouched position (or sideways while prone, I believe). Also, for many reasons that I won't take the time to outline, the LAW slot is better for several weapons other than the splaser. So you probably won't be seeing the splaser as a LAW at all.

I did suggest the laser beam, but due to the natural weapons shake inherent in Soldat, the splaser will look very light and cheap. Don't worry about it, it doesn't have the scope, so really it's kinda underpowered considering you have to wait for the laser to prime while the other guy is already in range and chipping away at you.

The rip-out minigun, if you would please flip to the first page... is a usable gun. Ahem, please bear in mind that the offline compilation will have all in-game guns from Halo 1 up to Halo 3.

I'll think about another Beta testing round... *grumbles*
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Pyro

• Major(1)
« Reply #724 on: December 12, 2007, 04:31:15 pm »
well i still believe that it fits perfectly, but i think you have a better understanding of the entire situation/project. i really hope this turns out well (im almost sure it will). by the way, when i first knew about the needler as bow, which makes the arrows stick, i knew this was going to be awesome :D

Offline Nemihara

• Major
  • Thanatos
« Reply #725 on: December 12, 2007, 11:26:59 pm »
i would also like to suggest to add that minigun from halo, that you can rip out of its stand (i don't know much about halo), to the minigun spot. that would be pretty cool. and then have an improved version of that weapon as an actual stationary gun.
We're already thinking about removing the LAAG and replacing it with the Splazer.  No one liked the LAAG.  But I already made a turret change to look like the LAAG small turret.  Espadon, I think I sent it to you a while ago.
Hiro:  That's not true.  {Throws hammer}

Offline Pyro

• Major(1)
« Reply #726 on: December 13, 2007, 01:44:32 pm »
LAAG = the turret which you can rip out? i like that one, keep it :D

i don't want to whine, but since you just said you were considering another beta round, it would be nice if someone could notify me, so i can try to prove myself. but ill keep an eye on this thread anyway (it's hard not to).

I'd like to start out helping here (I'm new to this forum), so i tried to help you with some audio, since you need it the most. actual weapon sound are extremely hard to find (at least for me they are, many of you have halo 3 and can record), but i found a page where you can get all kinds of dialogue of the game, and i thought that would be cool to add (like when you commit suicide, or when you die).

so here it is:
http://nikon.bungie.org/misc/dialogue.html
its a pretty large database of halo's dialogue.

i also found a single sound of an m60 shot (i don't know what it is, never heard of it before, sorry if this is way off):
http://halo.bungie.org/misc/m60_9.wav

i really hope I'm of any help here.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #727 on: December 13, 2007, 03:59:24 pm »
Thanks, I'll check out the sounds later. I'll probably have the big AIE for the H3 Stat, and the 247 as the stat for the H2 set.

I redid some menu graphics:

[Current Menu]

Changes include:

o Shotgun [test]
o Alpha glow for Needler, PRifle, PPistol
o Revised Needler
o Revised sniper rifle bipod
o Revised Splaser stock [internal texture]
o Revised Brute Shot [color corrected and proportion adjustments]
o Revised Carbine [the last version sucked]
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline adadqgg

• Soldier
  • Yuri for the win ~desu
« Reply #728 on: December 13, 2007, 04:19:29 pm »
Thanks, I'll check out the sounds later. I'll probably have the big AIE for the H3 Stat, and the 247 as the stat for the H2 set.

I redid some menu graphics:

[Current Menu]

Changes include:

o Shotgun [test]
o Alpha glow for Needler, PRifle, PPistol
o Revised Needler
o Revised sniper rifle bipod
o Revised Splaser stock [internal texture]
o Revised Brute Shot [color corrected and proportion adjustments]
o Revised Carbine [the last version sucked]
nice, have you modded anything in game(like the weapon the soldaten holds?because on the CP3...the smg is silver on one side and matte-black on the other side).

Shikabane Hime... Undead girls... Dual-wielding Mac 11s... Epic bayonets... WIN!

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #729 on: December 13, 2007, 04:22:47 pm »
'Silver' is the magazine/clip thing, right? Because I can't do it really if it's like that. Unless someone's willing to overlook the fact that no magazine drops when reloading while facing left.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline adadqgg

• Soldier
  • Yuri for the win ~desu
« Reply #730 on: December 13, 2007, 04:28:53 pm »
'Silver' is the magazine/clip thing, right? Because I can't do it really if it's like that. Unless someone's willing to overlook the fact that no magazine drops when reloading while facing left.
I thought black is the mag thing.
they won't notice it if the mag is the same color as the gun, people don't usually notice the mag on the SMG in halo.

mat-black PWNS!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 04:30:25 pm by adadqgg »

Shikabane Hime... Undead girls... Dual-wielding Mac 11s... Epic bayonets... WIN!

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #731 on: December 13, 2007, 04:38:16 pm »
I think the SMG is good as is, but when there is a side difference (like the shotgun) I do have individual graphics for each side.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Anubis

• Camper
  • The End is Near
« Reply #732 on: December 13, 2007, 04:50:23 pm »
Wow Feels good to be back......

Espadon my friend you have come a Long way...Looks Very Good
Looking forward to seein this mod finished

Offline Rangedmage14

• Soldier
  • got water?
« Reply #733 on: December 13, 2007, 05:36:19 pm »
Wow, I want this done soon :p Can't wait xD
Respect All
Fear None

Offline Thinkto urself

• Flagrunner
  • grrrrr
    • sup
« Reply #734 on: December 13, 2007, 09:16:53 pm »
No offense Espadon, but the interface graphics look beautiful. Just 1 thing, where are the little glowing white spots on the M90-A's sight and, why in holy hell did the needler's needles so short and ugly now?

"An anomaly of the sea, shrouded in ubiquitous clouds, a mystery to the man as black holes to the world's smartest physicists"

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #735 on: December 13, 2007, 11:40:04 pm »
Uh....

I think the only thing 'wrong' with the needler now is that it looks (without closer inspection) like the needles only come out of the top edge of the gun, rather than coming up out of all of the top surface. But if I'm right they do come out of the rest of that plate (I can see some more pink bits in the zoomed up version), just that they are a little too low alpha maybe.
I am but a figment of your imagination. You are creating me to see what perfection is.

Offline Nemihara

• Major
  • Thanatos
« Reply #736 on: December 14, 2007, 02:00:08 am »
s
No offense Espadon, but the interface graphics look beautiful.
I doubt anyone would take offense to that.   ;)
Espadon, I am currently recording some of the weapon firing, like the plasma pistol, Splazer, spikers, etc.  Does anyone know how to remove background noise, like those stupid seagulls on Last Resort?  >_<

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #737 on: December 14, 2007, 05:48:10 pm »
Maybe audacity could do it? I've never used it myself but I've heard that you can mute certain layers of sound.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #738 on: December 14, 2007, 06:05:40 pm »

Do you prefer this needler over the 'glow' one?
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline ShadowHunter

• Major(1)
« Reply #739 on: December 14, 2007, 06:54:56 pm »
i think the particle beam rifle is sweet, an option instead of the SRS99d S2-AM? just an option would be cool