Poll

Typeface [Page 45]

Pirulen
22 (50%)
Battlefield
22 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Halo Legendary Trilogy [In developement]  (Read 133733 times)

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
Re: Halo Legendary Trilogy [In developement]
« Reply #760 on: December 21, 2007, 02:27:14 pm »
Lol, a knife doesn't fit so he puts in a killer shield...

For the record, IMO that halo knife fits halo. They just don't seem to use them in the games ;) .
I am but a figment of your imagination. You are creating me to see what perfection is.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #761 on: December 21, 2007, 02:29:08 pm »
It's too complex for the Halo game mechanic. Ideally, you'd shove the knife through a armor juncture, but it's too hard complex to program that into a game, and slashing with a small knife in Halo is just silly.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Zeating

• Soldier
« Reply #762 on: December 21, 2007, 02:29:31 pm »
Knife-Stray needle? lol

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #763 on: December 21, 2007, 02:36:10 pm »
Small prototype Plasma blade? :D

Offline ShadowHunter

• Major(1)
« Reply #764 on: December 21, 2007, 02:51:40 pm »
Lol, a knife doesn't fit so he puts in a killer shield...

For the record, IMO that halo knife fits halo. They just don't seem to use them in the games ;) .

i see someone reads books, i read 'em too, and i agree, a combat knife will work

and yes, i was reffering to the halo trilogy books

Offline Thinkto urself

• Flagrunner
  • grrrrr
    • sup
« Reply #765 on: December 21, 2007, 03:24:52 pm »
F12 4 combat knife. Good to see you aren't dead Espadon. Thanks for posting.

"An anomaly of the sea, shrouded in ubiquitous clouds, a mystery to the man as black holes to the world's smartest physicists"

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #766 on: December 21, 2007, 04:55:22 pm »
I just think its weird that you need 10 shots of needler to kill someone, and you pull out a ancient knife, and with one stab, goes through all the armor, even the shield that MC has, and kills him. thats just bad.

+ your knife looks more like a scimitar to me

Date Posted: December 21, 2007, 04:50:26 pm
It's too complex for the Halo game mechanic. Ideally, you'd shove the knife through a armor juncture, but it's too hard complex to program that into a game, and slashing with a small knife in Halo is just silly.

exactly, silly. you got a bunch of tecnologically advanced weapon, and a knife, doesnt seem to fit very well.
Always remember the succubus...

Offline Thinkto urself

• Flagrunner
  • grrrrr
    • sup
« Reply #767 on: December 21, 2007, 06:11:05 pm »
I just think its weird that you need 10 shots of needler to kill someone, and you pull out a ancient knife, and with one stab, goes through all the armor, even the shield that MC has, and kills him. thats just bad.

+ your knife looks more like a scimitar to me

Date Posted: December 21, 2007, 04:50:26 pm

exactly, silly. you got a bunch of tecnologically advanced weapon, and a knife, doesnt seem to fit very well.
Teh needler is teh pwn! 4 the luv o' gawd, THEY EXPLODE WHEN IMPLANTED IN2 FLESH!!!(Srry 4 my gay talking 2day. bored.) Ofcouse the freaking knife goes through flesh! What do you want? a little Bubble shield that protects instead of damages?? Maybe We could make the combat knife a mental transfigurator  :o.

"An anomaly of the sea, shrouded in ubiquitous clouds, a mystery to the man as black holes to the world's smartest physicists"

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #768 on: December 21, 2007, 06:25:39 pm »
mind you, there is armor? there is also energy shield, I mean sure, this is just a mod, but since you are making a HALO mod, most if not everything should go with how it supposed to be. and in my world, a knife does not go through the damn high teched suit that MC is wearing.

maybe we should make the knife into some kind of pill that cures retardation. of course, you get that for free seeing how you turned out
Always remember the succubus...

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #769 on: December 21, 2007, 06:42:36 pm »
maybe we should make the knife into some kind of pill that cures retardation. of course, you get that for free seeing how you turned out

Speak for yourself.

Knife's there, and that's final.
If you wanna far-shot it, go whine to the Bungie guys that the oddball, a skull ffs, can knock out a one ton superhuman. Give up already, okay?

Zeating -- Stray needler = not canonical; it's a Papasurf thing.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Thinkto urself

• Flagrunner
  • grrrrr
    • sup
« Reply #770 on: December 21, 2007, 08:42:14 pm »
mind you, there is armor? there is also energy shield, I mean sure, this is just a mod, but since you are making a HALO mod, most if not everything should go with how it supposed to be. and in my world, a knife does not go through the damn high teched suit that MC is wearing.

I shall prove you wrong With one of my beautiful pictures.
Sorry link is dead, anyways, you stab him where the helmet doesnt cover the neck or some stupid part of there face. either way they're fecked.
The bubble shield isnt a portable sheild if thats what your thinking excruciator -.-.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 08:48:33 pm by Thinkto urself »

Offline Nemihara

• Major
  • Thanatos
« Reply #771 on: December 21, 2007, 11:50:52 pm »
If you wanna far-shot it, go whine to the Bungie guys that the oddball, a skull ffs, can knock out a one ton superhuman.
I wonder what would happen if you did that to a 250 lb. human?  :p

Found an old image from the pre-Halo-was-a-RTS? era.
No hotlinked image for you!
That, by the way, is the original machete planned for Halo.  (Before you kids were playing Halo 2 and 3, there was, in fact, a Halo game with no number!  Gasp!)

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #772 on: December 22, 2007, 05:08:08 am »

Just for the record, as high tech as MasterChief's armour is, this knife is just as high tech. Lol. ;)

And ShadowHunter, I never read the books ;P . But Espadon has, and he mentioned them back when the beta started and people asked why there was a knife. I never actually finished Halo either...
I am but a figment of your imagination. You are creating me to see what perfection is.

Offline ShadowHunter

• Major(1)
« Reply #773 on: December 22, 2007, 10:50:02 am »
lol, oh well, at least this mod looks great and I'm sure no one will be disapointed.

Offline Thinkto urself

• Flagrunner
  • grrrrr
    • sup
« Reply #774 on: December 22, 2007, 12:55:39 pm »
Thats it. Just for excruciator!Gravity hammer just came back to mind, you cant stab with it, but you can crush the sh*t out of your enemies. Here's what I suggest for the gravity hammer. Ask "Field general" If you can use his knife poa file. Its a overhead slash Poa, if you want to make your own, go to the Anims file and search for, bije.poa. you need a special editor to edit them. Espadon, I don't care. You could probably beat the feck out of the Chief if you threw a f*cking gravity hammer at him. Why not just slow the throw speed down. If you're really angry with it, just get rid of the throw speed entirely.Just don't set it to 0. Gravity hammers look awesome. They're awesome like your sudden mastery of png. Give it a png glow at the top for petes sake.
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Gravity_Hammer

The Gravity Hammer is essentially an oversized blunt hammer that serves as an excellent mêlée weapon because of its tremendous weight and through the 'brute' strength of the enemy. It can also manipulate gravity, altering it to propel objects and living beings alike away from its bearer.

The Gravity Hammer was first seen in Halo 2, although it was unusable at the time. In Halo 3 the Gravity Hammer can be used.

It is primarily used by Brute Chieftains, although Brute Captains have been seen using it in Starry Night and the Halo 3 E3 2007 Trailer.

The most notable Gravity Hammer is the Fist of Rukt, which was wielded by the greatest[1] Brute Chieftain, Tartarus[2].
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 01:00:01 pm by Thinkto urself »

Offline Scorpio

• Major(1)
« Reply #775 on: December 22, 2007, 01:11:01 pm »
I am propose this suggestion:
Alpha Team - SPARTAN
Bravo team - Covenant
Charlie team - Flood
Delta team - marines

When is the end of production of mod?

Offline Aarni Valkea

• Soldier
  • R-tisht
« Reply #776 on: December 22, 2007, 01:16:03 pm »
Alpha and Charlie have the same gosteks. Same goes for Bravo and Delta, if I'm not mistaken.
Where life has no value, death has a price!

Offline Thinkto urself

• Flagrunner
  • grrrrr
    • sup
« Reply #777 on: December 22, 2007, 02:44:46 pm »
I am propose this suggestion:
Alpha Team - SPARTAN
Bravo team - Covenant
Charlie team - Flood
Delta team - marines
When is the end of production of mod?
Congratulations, You have pointed out the Obvious.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #778 on: December 22, 2007, 03:01:14 pm »
Devi, reducing throw speed also reduced the effectiveness of the knife until it's inferior to the fist.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Thinkto urself

• Flagrunner
  • grrrrr
    • sup
« Reply #779 on: December 22, 2007, 03:08:26 pm »
Well...It would be 1 hit KO though. And you don't have to modify it so it has no speed.