Poll

Typeface [Page 45]

Pirulen
22 (50%)
Battlefield
22 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Halo Legendary Trilogy [In developement]  (Read 133589 times)

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
Re: Halo Legendary Trilogy [In developement]
« Reply #820 on: December 26, 2007, 10:27:14 am »
O_o

Okay I'll be sure to include those, Hiro... My memory must be playink tricks on me.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #821 on: December 26, 2007, 12:37:31 pm »
Tsk.. Tsk... Tsk... Excruciator and your negativity... You don't have any Imagination at all don't you?

what is it :D
Always remember the succubus...

Offline Thinkto urself

• Flagrunner
  • grrrrr
    • sup
« Reply #822 on: December 26, 2007, 03:50:12 pm »
Hiro, In halo 1 The Chief was a dumbass, Until halo 2 the covenant weapons weren't even being researched. Reloading the plasma rifle is so simple a-4-year-old could do it, The battery of the plasma rifle/any plasma covenant gun/flashlight, is located where the glowing part of the gun is, AKA. The energy from the battery seeping out to make plasma, understand?

"An anomaly of the sea, shrouded in ubiquitous clouds, a mystery to the man as black holes to the world's smartest physicists"

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #823 on: December 26, 2007, 04:45:15 pm »
Bull, Master Chief got dumber as he went. He was smart in FoR novel, but by the time he got to Halo he went 'omgz0r lets rush rush rush liek a g4mer n00b.' Last time I checked you couldn't reload a PR in the Halo, so unless I've super-slacked, then GTFO of here. Useless!
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Scorpio

• Major(1)
« Reply #824 on: December 27, 2007, 03:26:25 am »
So, Do you want more links?

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #825 on: December 27, 2007, 10:15:32 am »
Sounds...must...have...
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Scorpio

• Major(1)
« Reply #826 on: December 27, 2007, 12:02:39 pm »

Offline inuyasha56

• Major(1)
« Reply #827 on: December 29, 2007, 03:02:10 am »
i love the needler and the way that it shines. Keep up the good work! ;D
Oh and btw the spartan laser pwns!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 03:04:30 am by inuyasha56 »

Offline Kiol of Tw

• Major(1)
« Reply #828 on: December 29, 2007, 07:28:31 am »
OMG This mod is almost perfect !!!!!!

maybe you should do like human weapons as default and convenant weapons the other side... it'll be more better
LOL let's kill

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #829 on: December 29, 2007, 09:29:40 am »
it'll be more better

It'll be more better if you everyone knew how the weaponset works... but no, it's not possible, sorry.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Thinkto urself

• Flagrunner
  • grrrrr
    • sup
« Reply #830 on: December 30, 2007, 05:36:41 pm »
Espadon, sorry if this counts as spam to you but, have you done the covenant's version of the human portable turret? What about dual maulers for deagles?

Edit: Also, what weapons do you have "Good enough sounds" for yet? Which ones do you need sound for?

"An anomaly of the sea, shrouded in ubiquitous clouds, a mystery to the man as black holes to the world's smartest physicists"

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #831 on: December 30, 2007, 10:38:51 pm »
Yeah, there'll be dual maulers for deagles. It'll be fun. Although it'll probably mean that spas would have to equal single mauler. Dunno how the balancing would work.

Sound-wise? All except, ah, MA5C/B, SRS, and PRifle.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Thinkto urself

• Flagrunner
  • grrrrr
    • sup
« Reply #832 on: December 30, 2007, 11:07:00 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=FlamingRain231
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uM912gDTR0&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnx7V904vEI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWxdcA3aSAE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3H6T4Q4G2s&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uodg-VC_bL0&feature=related

Hope those help in your accuracy checks, theres also a good SMG and Sniper rifle sound in there.(Don't use the sniper rifle fire sound though, it's artificially rendered) If you have a sound editing system you could use those with ease and other High def halo videos.

Edit:     
Yeah, there'll be dual maulers for deagles. It'll be fun. Although it'll probably mean that spas would have to equal single mauler. Dunno how the balancing would work.

Give the Dual maulers a much higher bink probably 90-100 bink and lower fireinterval=28 to compensate for recoil in the real halo game, Mauler for spas will probably look weird cause the pellets will come out farther then the barrel/muzzle, simply because the Mauler is so much smaller.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 08:40:16 pm by Thinkto urself »

Offline Nemihara

• Major
  • Thanatos
« Reply #833 on: January 02, 2008, 03:45:25 pm »
Jesus Christ.
I'm gone for a week, and this thread has already gone to hell.
Anonymous quotes I've picked up from the last three pages:
"We want hammers!  Lots and lots of hammers!"
"We don't want to read through forty-plus pages of people whining about not wanting to read through forty pages of people whining!"
"I would have known this if I had just read ten pages into this topic but I didn't, so now I'm going to post even more obvious and useless information!"
"I'm oblivious of what even the weapon sets are and one of the Beta-testers (obviously not Nem, of course not!) has a feeling that you didn't even read through the first page!"
"I wanna Beta!"  (I'm actually surprised that the number of requests seemed to go down.)
"I've never modded Soldat before unless I made a superpowered gun that throws exploding rockets at full auto!"

I like some of the ideas that people have been putting out.  Of course, I'd like a gravity hammer.  They're cooler than some Rambo-esque machete that has little relevancy to the game.  But there's still a lot of technical issues surrounding it.  For one, throwing it.  Also, imitating the shockwave, making it visible, etc. 

Also with the reloading Plasma Rifle.  Actually, Humans did start studying Covenant weapons before the first game, a little bit before the Fall of Reach.  But not even the Covenant know how to reload their own weapons, so it's kinda at a drop at that, game-wise.  But in Soldat, there's the issue with not being able to install overheating, so the entire clip is 200.  Actually, if you count, you can fire a little less than 200 shots.  There's about 1.5 shots in one percent of the battery.  If you count, there's roughly 150 shots in one full battery.  So a clip of 150 shots would be nice. 

Dual maulers, I suppose, will be one of the alternatives you can choose in the configuration.  Dual-wielded, maulers do more damage than a shotgun, but with slightly less range.  It also seems more dispersed.  Technically, there's no recoil.  However, in game, you can see that the gun flies up, but it looks like your character pushes it back down.  I guess that counts.

>Scorpio: The link you published goes to the actual music of the RTS game, not the gun firing and such.
>Espadon: I'm recording a couple sound clips for you.  There might be a little background noise, but I'll try to minimalize it.
>Hiro: I made some slightly crappy, but nonethelss new versions of the powerups.  'Cept for flame grenades.  I could send them to you through PM if you want.

If you people want HLT CP3 that badly, click here.
If you can't at least read through this, then please, leave.  We just need people to understand what's already been talked about so this topic doesn't become a hundred pages.

Edit: Didn't add my other reply to this.
The battery of the plasma rifle/any plasma covenant gun/flashlight, is located where the glowing part of the gun is, AKA. The energy from the battery seeping out to make plasma, understand?
Incorrect statement.  Plasma is ionized gas.  The battery is used to convert gas into plasma, which is temporarily stored in the muzzle of the gun.  This is possible with powerful electromagnetic coils.  When it reaches the maximum charge, the electromagnetic coils move the plasma cloud into the target.  Upon impact with the target, the cloud of superheated plasma ignites on the target.  The plasma travels in a straight line; however, the gun can track multiple plasma rounds.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 04:01:20 pm by Nemihara »

Offline LOL

• Major
  • dont read this! read this --->
« Reply #834 on: January 02, 2008, 05:11:12 pm »
Confusing talk about plasma weps   :P
Life is like a bathtub the longer you stay in it the more wrinkly you get.

Offline Thinkto urself

• Flagrunner
  • grrrrr
    • sup
« Reply #835 on: January 02, 2008, 07:12:30 pm »
We're trying to figure out how many rounds/charges it has per battery. If you look in halo 3 videos with the PR, You see it has 4 cylindrical batteries where the ammo should be.*COugh*CHARGES*COUGH* I think it has a charge of 120 shots, It's in the stats many players report and halo wiki. Lol, LOL, another pointless reply that has forced me to check this thread. >:(

@ Espadon,Also... Balancing will be a HUGE priority in Soldat. Remeber, We can't make certain weapons overpowered by making them just like in the real halo. Why balancing will be a crazy high priority in Soldat mods like this? Because in halo, you have to search for strong weapons/ammo/guns. In soldat, God lays out a table of 10 guns for you when you spawn. If you put a scarab gun in.... Everyone will choose it, Understand?(DON'T HATE ME!)

Edit:
Mauler for spas will probably look weird cause the pellets will come out farther then the barrel/muzzle, simply because the Mauler is so much smaller.
[/size]
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 07:14:37 pm by Thinkto urself »

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #836 on: January 02, 2008, 10:17:28 pm »
@ Espadon,Also... Balancing will be a HUGE priority in Soldat. Remeber, We can't make certain weapons overpowered by making them just like in the real halo. Why balancing will be a crazy high priority in Soldat mods like this? Because in halo, you have to search for strong weapons/ammo/guns. In soldat, God lays out a table of 10 guns for you when you spawn. If you put a scarab gun in.... Everyone will choose it, Understand?(DON'T HATE ME!)

Thanks for reminding me that I'm dumb.

AFAIK, PR ammo is a floating number between around 120 and 150, depending on how fast you fire, I think. The more you fire, the consumption will go up a little bit. In practice, you'll probably get 120 shots or so out of the PR, which if you try to accurately measure, you get 150. At least that's how it was in Halo 1 methinks, they always said the 'ammo' was a range. I'll set it to 120, I think, that'll balance the weapon out a bit. And no, it won't be reloadable, I don't care what. 120 rounds that you can reload in a few seconds at the most? OP ftl.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Nemihara

• Major
  • Thanatos
« Reply #837 on: January 03, 2008, 02:05:19 am »
We're trying to figure out how many rounds/charges it has per battery. If you look in halo 3 videos with the PR, You see it has 4 cylindrical batteries where the ammo should be.*COugh*CHARGES*COUGH* I think it has a charge of 120 shots.
What?  Sure, 120 shots/4 batteries=30 in each of the four batteries; but 100 percentage/4 batteries=25 percent in each battery, 1.5 shots*25 percent in each battery=37.5 shots in each battery, and 37.5 shots per battery*4 batteries=150 shots.  You can actually just equate that as 1.5 shots in one percent charge*100 percent total=150 shots, or 1.2 shots in one percent per battery*100 percent total=120 shots.  Therefore, 1.5 shots per charge, 150 shots total.  For your idea to work, each percent must contain 1.2 shots.  Relative to the game (not your "statistics"; me actually counting every single effing shot), that's too little.  I got 152 shots.  I think that was lucky on my part.  I mean, you're free to try.
Though your methodology still works, I suppose.  But 1.5 is closer than 1.2.

>Espadon: Sorry, can't do the weapon sounds with all of the background noises.  I can give you the raw files though.

(My God, how can you people stand quick reply?  Too small.)

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #838 on: January 03, 2008, 02:18:30 am »
I like quick reply. :D It does have a scroll on it...

I don't know much about the ammo for PR thing, all I think I know was that the battery had a "100" maximum. Based on what I've read here, that is a percentage?

I think if Nemi really did count all the shots then 150 could be a good amount of ammo to have for the PR. I don't know if that is still a little overpowered though...
I am but a figment of your imagination. You are creating me to see what perfection is.

Offline Scorpio

• Major(1)
« Reply #839 on: January 03, 2008, 01:49:11 pm »
Can I be a beta tester?