Author Topic: Image of Gutted Ship for Battle Level - Community Ideas Welcome.  (Read 4139 times)

Offline X-Tender

• Major(1)
  • Got Headcrab?
    • Fuchtelworld - V3
Re: Image of Gutted Ship for Battle Level - Community Ideas Welcome.
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2007, 03:08:13 pm »
GNA! I was planing in doing an Ship indoorm ap! ... Stick with you Harbor theme!!!!! ;)

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2007, 06:25:26 pm »
It looks a lot like the SuperFreighter from deus ex

Nice work on it so far, keep it up.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline PHReaKeR

• Major(1)
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2007, 09:51:22 pm »
GNA! I was planing in doing an Ship indoorm ap! ... Stick with you Harbor theme!!!!! ;)

Umm, Looks like i've screwed your idea in the bum bum :P Plans are good, Action is better :P Wait... That's my Half life 2 DM name "ACTION POOHOLE"

Anyway, http://img522.imageshack.us/my.php?image=boatnk2.jpg <--- Update (Click image to zoom in... its big 500K jpg )  IDEAS AGAIN PLEASE

Offline Grim

• Major
  • Boop-boop-de-boop
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2007, 11:09:46 pm »
It looks kick a**! The only thing I'd say you need to do would be make more small rooms and a little less wasted space out front. Otherwise, it looks like a grade AA++ map.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2007, 11:14:01 pm »
Is that big, empty room going to be expanded and used?

Remember what people want, lots of tiny, office-like rooms.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline PHReaKeR

• Major(1)
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2007, 11:17:00 pm »
Yeah thanks for that comment LOL - That WASTED space is my canvas for more content :) My feelings are the same as yours Grim :D

Will have a nice update soon, of course im trying to do normal every day work and this lol - it's very time consuming because I have nothing preset :P making it allll by hand :)

Date Posted: June 18, 2007, 12:14:27 AM
Is that big, empty room going to be expanded and used?

Remember what people want, lots of tiny, office-like rooms.

That room is going to be split into pieces for a good battle area... as you can see it's empty and im just starting to fill it up.. concentrate on what is there, i'm not going to f**k this map up, trust me it's my baby at the moment.

Thanks for the idea's but these particular comments are already in hand! :)

There was actually going to be different kinds of crates in there some open and a pulley device of sorts with some stairs / overhanging walk ways etc... will be a good battle ground :)

Oh and about what people want... I WANT THAT TOO!!! That's why i'm making this map, I am a huge fan of tactical battles rather than open ended spam sessions :D

Hazzah for WHAT PEOPLE WANT hahah!!!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 11:18:38 pm by PHReaKeR »

Offline Grim

• Major
  • Boop-boop-de-boop
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2007, 11:25:22 pm »
Maybe if you made the very bottom the "cargo hold" with a whole smot load of cargo containers for a more challenging battle area. It just any idea, but I think it would be kinda fun to have to be navigating the ups and downs of cargo containers while still having to worry about killing the n00b sniper!

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

Offline PHReaKeR

• Major(1)
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2007, 12:59:38 am »
ROFL yeah after contemplating what I was going to do with the rest of the map i've already started digging out the bottom of the map and i've moved all the crates hahaha... They're all at the bottom now LOL!!!

Nice thinking though ROFL.

Things are taking a while because my photoshop document is like 58MB LOL - I'll have to flatten some but It's a lot of work and Microsoft Winshit is CRAP.

Not my damn fault the OS is terrible with Image Handling :(

Date Posted: June 18, 2007, 12:46:08 AM
Maybe you can "steal" some ideas :P

Thanks for the idea's mate, makes it easier to think, I know nothing about Marine 'stuff' lol

Offline X-Tender

• Major(1)
  • Got Headcrab?
    • Fuchtelworld - V3
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2007, 02:43:37 am »
Umm, Looks like i've screwed your idea in the bum bum :P Plans are good, Action is better :P Wait... That's my Half life 2 DM name "ACTION POOHOLE"

well, maybe you have to start to put the stuff in soldat, not always that PS action .. because currently I'am not impressed .. PS painting is easy .. but converting it into Soldat is an challange ..

Offline PHReaKeR

• Major(1)
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2007, 03:55:22 am »
lol - Oh settle down :) I'm not out to impress you, as I said it was meant for me and my mate to 1v1 DM in but I thought i'd share it... No competition here :)

I want it to be right before I port it over.. oh and the porting it over bit is easy, It's going to be about 3 different Scenery PNG's and I'm going to create invisible Player / Projectile Collide Polygons, if your computer doesn't handle the large files well that's not my problem.. It runs fine on mine and my mates and that is all im worried about. I'm sharing with you guys because I thought it might be interesting :)

To ANYONE who thinks my method of design is LAZY, well I'm not repeating anything on this map except for maybe a few tunnels and tubes etc, TAKE A CLOSER LOOK behind the Glass on the canisters full of bearings.. Notice how the glass affects the visuals of the textures of what is behind it? I'm not going to cut this damn map up into little pieces to save download size for people who complain about it's file size, if you like the map you will download it even if it was 10MB (Which it wont come close!) but regardless.. I an not going to create cheap looking sceneries with Jagged edges for the sake of the Engine. It runs FINE on my computer and is looking the way I want it to look. If you don't like it then don't download my map when it's finished... Simple.  8)

For those who are supporting me for making something DIFFERENT then I thank you for your support and Ideas.  [fist]

You will see when the ending product comes out. This is something to entertain me and show to others so don't complain about anything just be constructive please.

My map is not being made in the same old fashioned way because it's not an OLD FASHIONED MAP... it's a completely different style. Seperate sceneries = jaggy lines and I won't have that on my map.

Have a Nice day! Will update you all shortly... I've changed over my Editing Method because the photoshop doc was too large so I am working on this to speedup workflow.

Date Posted: June 18, 2007, 04:02:01 AM
oh and I have a new Beanie it's very warm and comfortable and ALSO new ugg boots :)

;D

Offline Grim

• Major
  • Boop-boop-de-boop
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2007, 08:52:17 pm »
Beanies are niiiiice.

I also suggest maybe having a bit of a dock to play on. Maybe that could be were the opposing team on an INF game would start.

Offline PHReaKeR

• Major(1)
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2007, 09:33:36 pm »
umm, ahaha it's no longer a ship.. the design has actually changed for the better.. it's continually morphing.. haha.. it's actually become more like what i started on in the first place... i want to finish a larger chunk of work this time before showing :)

I think it's because I keep wasting time lol

Offline Grim

• Major
  • Boop-boop-de-boop
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2007, 03:00:00 pm »
OK, so it's now in the middle of the sea! Maybe you could make a section of the ship flodded, Or possible make the entire thing sinking!