Author Topic: AlphaScore?  (Read 841 times)

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
AlphaScore?
« on: June 15, 2007, 03:48:47 pm »
Is it possible to manually edit Alpha team's score?  When I change the variable AlphaScore := something, and then a while later read it, it shows what I put in it - but in soldat it still says 0 - 0
Any help?

My current guess is that Alpha score wasn't meant to be written by a script - only read.  I hope I'm wrong...
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline urraka

• Soldat Developer
  • Flagrunner
Re: AlphaScore?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 05:01:50 pm »
You can't modify those variables to take effect on the game, and there isn't any function I know about to modify team scores.
urraka

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 05:50:22 pm »
ehh i figured.
I guess I'l just customize it so it shows my custom scores to every player on score change.  Other than that it's a shame...

Then my next question is, why can I change the variable AlphaScore?  I'm guessing it's because upon actual score change AlphaScore gets updated.  I could run some tests but I'm too lazy so w.e.

Also, where can I get someone to sponsor my script when it's ready, playable, and fun?  Would EnEsCe do it if he likes it?  Anyone else interested if this turns out to be fun?
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline urraka

• Soldat Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 05:56:24 pm »
You can change it because it's a variable.. if you call UpdateVars i think the score is refreshed to the real game score :P
Sponsor? :o
urraka

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 08:13:24 pm »
You can change them, but they do not have any effect. Next time a function gets called by the script engine, it will be reset back to what its meant to be. UpdateVars just resets them aswell.

And they are set as variables because the script engine would not let me pre-assign constants.