Author Topic: Possible stop to spawning...  (Read 3803 times)

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
Re: Possible stop to spawning...
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2007, 08:57:31 pm »
How? EFC is Enemy Flag Carrier, they can't get back in because they are already out.

Offline popctrl

• Major(1)
  • Playing for 4 years.
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2007, 09:06:54 pm »
It was planned so you could get back in...He's talking about the original idea, not all the other better ones floating around.
Online names: The Blaspherereion (current)
                        Popctrl(1.3.1)
                        tony the idiot slayer (1.2.1-1.3.1)
                        the DC sniper (1.2.1)

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2007, 12:23:29 am »
how about upon spawn, player is granted 3 second invulnrability (possibly can be edited in soldat.ini) and the player can move around and kill any enemy well invincible. except if the enemy has the flag, for fairness. or perhaps this can be an .ini option also.

Offline SirJamesaford

• Flagrunner
  • SirJamesaford is still in the early Beta stage.
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2007, 12:38:35 am »
Why should we stop spawning anyway?  You should be able to kill one or two dudes spawn killing... i know it gets annoying but its your fault that they are killing you.  I still say that in flag based games spawning is essential for the win.
And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
Ill see you on the dark side of the moon

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2007, 02:09:32 am »
Why should we stop spawning anyway?  You should be able to kill one or two dudes spawn killing... i know it gets annoying but its your fault that they are killing you.  I still say that in flag based games spawning is essential for the win.
so its my fault when an enemy throws a grenade at my feet as soon as I spawn? (Giving me a second and a half to get away from it, yeah thats totally my fault [/sarcasm])

Offline ScarabGun

• Major(1)
  • Hard to Get, Worth the While
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2007, 11:20:21 pm »
I favor this idea, although the team cannot be able to shoot from the spawn area.
AK | Deagles | Ruger | Knife | Law
Ingame | scarabGUN

Offline SirJamesaford

• Flagrunner
  • SirJamesaford is still in the early Beta stage.
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2007, 11:22:53 pm »
Why should we stop spawning anyway? You should be able to kill one or two dudes spawn killing... i know it gets annoying but its your fault that they are killing you. I still say that in flag based games spawning is essential for the win.
so its my fault when an enemy throws a grenade at my feet as soon as I spawn? (Giving me a second and a half to get away from it, yeah thats totally my fault [/sarcasm])

They arent going to time that right everytime... or even a fourth of a time.  Thats just one of those things.
And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
Ill see you on the dark side of the moon

Offline crazydude360

• Major(1)
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2008, 06:16:40 pm »
what about one way doors? ever think of that?

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2008, 06:25:38 pm »

Right...

How exactly is it your fault when you spawn in a random area and get killed while you're completely vulnerable?
Maybe you should have joined the other team and switched back to avoid spawning! It's your own fault you didn't!
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Pragma

• Soldier
  • Blood, Guts and Gunsmoke
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2008, 12:19:01 pm »
Easy solution: Tweak the game so you spawn with your weapon *loaded*.

That way, you're not a sitting duck when you jump into the game.  I've ranted about this before - some weapons don't load until after you're no longer invincible, rendering that advantage/protection somewhat moot when faced with spawn campers.

Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake.  Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, "Give me your best shot. I can take it."

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2008, 01:19:00 am »
You are NOT completely vulnerable when respawning.
When a grenade is thrown at your feet. Someone may have to die, but the explosion will cause surrounding allies to disperse, making it impossible for the spawnkiller to... Spawnkill.
If you have someone with a saw, the problem is taken care of by the multiple respawn points.
If you have a base camper... well you do have about 2 seconds in between each shot to get out of the way.
If you are being mauled by three or more people then your team just sucks and probably deserves it. You don't think they're just going to play pussy-sh*t and let their enemies run free when they can just pin them at their base?

Spawnkilling in CTF and flag-based games, as SirJamesaford has been specifying, is a legitimate tactic. Instead of thinking of it as spawnkilling, how about thinking of it as holding back the enemy to let the FFC escape? Or putting the base under fire to keep the EFC on their toes? Or buying your team some time to reinforce you?

How to counter spawnkilling? GET OUT OF THE WAY (which is simple if you consider the points I made in the first paragraph).
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline ghg

• Camper
  • Village Idiot
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2008, 05:53:23 pm »
Keep the player invincible and uneffected by explosives until they try to move/fire/throw nades/etc.
-=Gradius wuz you=-