Author Topic: Official news about the future of Soldat and Crimson Glory  (Read 35689 times)

Offline swebonny

• Camper
  • BUahh...
Re: Official news about the future of Soldat and Crimson Glory
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2007, 03:16:27 pm »
Keep up working MM. Long time ago I was here around :)

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2007, 03:01:45 pm »
Yay .... :P
but  what about soldat ?if the game will be better than soldat,Soldat will be forgotten :(

Yeah, but if it really IS better, who cares?
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline DragonSlayer

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2007, 07:51:55 am »
Can't wait to play CG even if it's not the finished game but hey, now I can't wait for your new project. I'm really looking forward to hearing more details on it! :)

AE/DragonSlayer

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2007, 10:42:42 am »
I hope the next game is a finally completed R09 :D

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2007, 11:42:53 am »
I hope you can pick all white skin in next version :/ it would fit the black hair :'(.

Offline rfreak

• Soldier
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2007, 03:52:25 pm »
R09 all the way!
It would be awsome and fun.

maybe  soon...
R the coolest game ever

Offline Splinter-Snake

• Soldier
  • One must die, and one must live.
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2007, 05:58:25 pm »
Will the new game by any chance have more aspects of approaching combat/goal or whatever? For example: Stealth(Splinter Cell), taking cover(Gears of War), vehicles(I'm guessing since CG was originally having them this one will too.) Or any overall different way to accomplish something?

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2007, 06:49:29 am »
no this new version will probably just have a bug fix and especially in the network code because of the frequently server disconnect. this can be read in the first post MM posted in this topic. also if you read some stickies in suggestion forum you will notice that MM will NOT add any veichles in soldat.

Offline Splinter-Snake

• Soldier
  • One must die, and one must live.
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2007, 01:36:39 pm »
no this new version will probably just have a bug fix and especially in the network code because of the frequently server disconnect. this can be read in the first post MM posted in this topic. also if you read some stickies in suggestion forum you will notice that MM will NOT add any veichles in soldat.

Wtf are you babbling about? I asked about the new game, not the new Soldat version.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2007, 01:56:57 pm »
oh I see excuse me. anyway I hope the lost maps will be in next version. I think it is terrible that you removed almost all the original maps and put some other crappy map with the same name there instead. well I hope the new game will only have 1 version :).

Offline .Long-Range

• Camper
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2007, 03:49:46 pm »
Are you talking about the maps which were given an appearance overhaul? The maps generally provide the same gameplay, except with a different look. An example would be Airpirates.
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline Napalmi

• Camper
  • Oh man I shot marvin in the face!
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2007, 09:29:40 am »
one thing would be make a vechile-troop game with soldat-dudes. not that much coding, and all vechile-whiners could get what they want :D in different game ofc.

Balls Removed. Check Forum Rules <---thats why u need to obey.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2007, 10:55:46 am »
if crimson glory is fully playable, when can we play it?
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Selknam

• Major
  • Chile!!!!
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2007, 04:38:49 pm »
i would love to see the face of mm when we were expecting here in the forum that he release v 1.4.0, to see all the people that was waiting, the forums i guess o´most colapsed XD ( i have to say that i was surprised)
Even more when he sayd weeks before that he was wondering if anyone still play soldat.

I hope that to see that encourage him to develop Soldat for a lot time more. to resolve the bugs and others problems, and continue with the hard work.

Grettings.

Offline Wormdundee

• Soldier
  • Ruger what?
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2007, 06:54:19 pm »
Well, the good thing is, even he doesn't feel like doing it anymore I'm sure he'll do something with the source so that other people can have a go at it.

I too would like to get a hand on the playable version of crimson glory.

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
  • IRC: S[Ex]eh-Legend
    • Fractured Forums
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2007, 05:56:32 pm »
Soldat:
There are a few things that need to be fixed still. Especially some network problems which will be resolved. Also BattlEye is fixed and will be fully functional in the next version. This will be a quick fix so expect it soon.
Also because I can afford it now I will be buying a dedicated server for all Soldat related sites and my future projects. It will be maintained and setup by FliesLikeABrick. This will be a huge step forward for Soldat and the entire community.

Crimson Glory:
I have ceased development of Crimson Glory and have moved on to working on another project. Crimson Glory is on a very advanced state, the whole engine is built, there is a lot of graphics done and is fully playable (without net-code). I had to come this far to realize that this is not the game I want to do. The main reason is the 3D aspect of it. Modelling and map making in 3D takes too much time. I want the game to be as easy to mod as possible, making it possible to edit the game just with a paint program not with advanced 3D editors and animators. I will release the game as it is now just to show that I wasn`t doing nothing during this time. You will see how it looks and how the engine works. The engine will be used (after switching to 2D sprites) in my next game. I won`t give out any information about it yet, but as I see it now, I truly think it will be the best game ever made in history.
Mmm...can't wait.

Ingame: King Legend.10- | Clan: In10sitY | Prev. Clan: OXiD | M79 Slag

Offline rfreak

• Soldier
« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2007, 07:36:04 pm »
R the coolest game ever

Offline Bunney

• Flagrunner
  • Early Rave/Oldskool <3
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2007, 11:49:02 am »
I played crimson, it has some potential..but yeah, 2d beats 3d, lets see if MM's next 2d game can beat Soldat.

Offline Selknam

• Major
  • Chile!!!!
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2007, 12:29:15 pm »
i think the same, i just play CG and well, i like how it looks, and i loved the work on the plane...
But at the very instant when i saw the character (the little man) i wish that soldat have them soldier just like this guy XD it is just how i imagine mi soldier stealing the flag (in 2d obviously)

Offline andrelie

• Camper
  • Im sorry for the spamming...
« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2007, 08:53:36 am »
i would say, work of soldat, make it perfect (try to make it perfect/bug free;D) and then make Crimson Glory perfect *blah* *blah* *blah* and then make another game :P
Im sorry for the spamming...