Author Topic: Falling speed  (Read 1796 times)

Offline Mastadi

• Camper
  • What makes me a good demoman!?
Falling speed
« on: June 29, 2007, 02:53:48 pm »
Have you ever felt in soldat, from a really big height, or even felt of the map and waited quite a lot of time to reach the edge of the map and respawn? Don't you think that falling speed is quite small? I mean, look, we can actualy RUN faster than we fall. I also always liked the idea of falling from big height in realistic, gaining speed over time and then splashing on the ground and covering everybody around in blood  \m/ ;D

Offline Super Vegeta

• Major
    • SV Games - The home of all my creations.
Re: Falling speed
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 03:20:20 pm »
No. Falling speed is good. The only improvement about falling could be getting rid of the max damage, or somehow revamp it. The longer you fall, the more damage you get, but after a border heigh - nope, it doesn't matter if you fall 50 or 250 meters, you get the same damage. This is bad, when you fall down the entire map you get about the same damage as when falling down half a screen.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 03:38:09 pm »
No. Falling speed is good. The only improvement about falling could be getting rid of the max damage, or somehow revamp it. The longer you fall, the more damage you get, but after a border heigh - nope, it doesn't matter if you fall 50 or 250 meters, you get the same damage. This is bad, when you fall down the entire map you get about the same damage as when falling down half a screen.

the problem isn't that there's a max-damage.  the problem is that there's a max falling speed.  I believe the max falling speed is implemented so that you can't glitch through polygons...  Though I think it should be increased.
And why does it matter to you what height kills you.  You're dead anyways in realistic...
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 06:23:27 am »
The speed with which you fall down should increase little by little while you are falling down, giving the effect of which, in deed you fall down from great height and damage yourself. Because in Soldat the speed of the fall always is the same (Or I do not notice the change)

Date Posted: 30 June 2007, 08:20:27
I also always liked the idea of falling from big height in realistic, gaining speed over time and then splashing on the ground and covering everybody around in blood  m/ ;D
And me too... ;D

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 11:22:37 pm »
They are talking about soldat's terminal velocity, which to me is too small. I agree that we should keep speeding up longer.

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 03:30:31 pm »
I agree with Mastadi. Falling speed is of course increasing at the beginning, but very quickly it stops changing. Max falling speed could be at least twice as is now. And splashing on the ground in realistic also would be nice :)
AndI think that max falling speed is so slow not because of chance of glitching through polys - players fly much faster when hit by nade or M79 and seldom their bodies get stuck. I believe that it can easily be changed.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007, 07:12:33 pm »
A little faster maximum speed would be nice, yeah

Offline haha

• Camper
  • soldier=soldat=game
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 04:34:15 am »
yes we should speed up the falling time
Image removed, please read the forum rules.

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 09:49:59 pm »
I say we make it moddable because it doesn't matter if you are playing on a non-realistic server with maps that aren't very tall (most duckhunt servers) and it would just be a waste. But on some servers (climb) it is very annoying when you fall so slow it takes forever to do. F11.5
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace