Author Topic: Water Poly: Different than the rest.  (Read 1722 times)

Offline imacheater2k7

• Soldier
  • Your friendly neighborhood semi-goth.
    • New VGN
Water Poly: Different than the rest.
« on: June 17, 2007, 02:33:25 am »
I figure that, this shouldn't specifically have to be a water poly, but there should be a way to simulate water.  Although this will probably never be implemented, and would require a lot of coding. I think that a poly should be No Collision, and Hurt you. But, it also should NOT affect your Bullet Proof Vest. This way, it's like you're drowing. And, you could set it up to only take effect after X amount of time. This way you could make an underwater map where you could jet out of the water every once in a while to get air. Any comments?

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
Re: Water Poly: Different than the rest.
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 02:36:00 am »
Or you could use a poly that doesnt colide... but i guess you wouldnt be able to see in it...
Other then that, i've got no idea how you could implement a water poly ...
Lol, internets.

Offline imacheater2k7

• Soldier
  • Your friendly neighborhood semi-goth.
    • New VGN
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 02:41:29 am »
Or you could use a poly that doesnt colide... but i guess you wouldnt be able to see in it...
Other then that, i've got no idea how you could implement a water poly ...

Currently there is no way to add a realistic Water Poly. You could add a translucent blue poly with no collision, and put a solid Hurts poly at the bottom, but this doesn't truly simulate water. You could easily jet over it, and there would be no timing involved with when you run out of breath. I think MM should consider this, because this could make creative maps. Also, you could add water into Trenches to make trenchwar a little more interesting.

Offline ChromedGun

• Camper
  • Angel of Death
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 06:30:58 am »
If the soldaten has jets under their shoes how can you be so sure they don't have scuba gear? ;)

@Kryp -- go buy some skills. use /command to bring up the commands.

Offline Taehl

• Camper
  • When a fool hears about Tao, he just laughs.
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 12:08:21 pm »
Hmmm... I bet a scuba gostek would be funny, especially with the flippers  ;D
"The balance is perfect. The flow is perfect. The speed is perfect. This... Is the absolute best mod on the site."  - mxyzptlk
"THIS IS PROBABLY... scratch that ...this IS the best mod I have seen before. Dang man, nice job!"  - Dorkey Dear
"Whoa! This is the best mod ever!!!"  - imacheater2k7      "Looks like a beaut. On a rating, 6/5"  - Radical Terrorist
New and improved: LandWarrior 3.0

Offline decoy.

• Soldier
  • All in the mind.
    • Paradigis
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 06:51:35 am »
Interesting. Plus, bullets that enter through the wayer might show their trail better from the oxygen forced benieth the water's surface? Just brainstorming.
[FF|LL|HE[Cide/Decoy/Not Batman!:
[[ 300.91m | sniping distance
[[ 85:0 | kill:death ratio
[[ us.socom | favorite weapon

Offline Shivorken

• Soldier
  • Full Blood Azn
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 07:22:59 am »
^ no air is forced when the bullet hits watter. The bullet punctures a hole in the water which fills up almost instantly and this hole would contain air thus creating the air bubbles. bullets would be totally ineffective in the water after travelling about 2-3 cm on screen
[/url]