Author Topic: Speedball 2  (Read 720 times)

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
Speedball 2
« on: June 18, 2007, 02:39:51 am »
Anyone remember the old game Speedball: Brutal Deluxe?

I loved that game.  So simple, but so fun.  And now, 15 years later, it looks like the concept is being revived:
http://www.gamershell.com/static/screenshots/6612/252792_full.jpg

The game looks amazing.  The official site is here; I highly recommend downloading the trailer.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
Re: Speedball 2
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 03:29:14 am »
Oh my god.  My pants are bulging for some reason...

"“The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr”"

Offline Kagesha

• Flagrunner
  • cunts
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 03:37:04 am »
I have never seen this before o.O IT LOOKS AWESOME LOL
I so wanna play it xD

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 11:13:51 am »
I totally overplayed Speedball 2 on the Amiga... I believe it's my second most-played Amiga game, next to The Settlers. It was fun getting owned by Super Nashwan, but after I beat them for the first time, it seemed a lot easier after that. My favourite strategy is to get "Jams" in Centre Forward, and use him to beat the crap out of their forwards, so they bring on their less able players.

I never played the PC multiplayer version though. I always wanted a fresh challenge. ;D The PS version was a complete disappointment. I'll be very surprised if this new one brings back the same awesome gameplay.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 11:17:20 am by -Vis- »

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 11:44:40 am »
I sooooo wanted to win by injury default, but the games aren't quite long enough.  However, in my best effort, I took out two of their goalies, and almost got the third.  Good times. =)
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline JayBee

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
  • Cynical and Weltschmerzian Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 12:07:07 pm »
I think I once owned the PSX version...
This is my signature. It is made of text and win.

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 12:13:13 pm »
Heh. I just remembered another way to get awesome points. You get the point multipliers at the left/right centre of the arena, then knock down their CF right near one of those point spheres in the centre of the arena (there're 2 of em, above and below the centre). You stand on the CF so he can't get up, and continue to throw the ball at the sphere again and again for loads of points. If you're lucky, the other opponents don't come close enough to engage you, sometimes for a few seconds, sometimes longer. I can score easily 200-300 points in a game if I get lucky. ;D