Author Topic: inf_SkyFort Bot difficulties  (Read 1670 times)

Offline freakypred

• Major(1)
inf_SkyFort Bot difficulties
« on: June 27, 2007, 03:45:19 pm »
Hey again, its me freakypred, having trouble with the bot waypoints you no doubtably guessed.

Origonal map post: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=16539.0
URL to the origonal post^^, post contains download and pictures of the map in-game.

If you have tried the map, you will see the bots moving about the map oddly, although i specificly set the waypoints where they can follow...their not following very well.

Defencive side of the map is good, at least some bots find their way to the turrents for defence, and some actualy camp near them(in fact, they find their way near the flag and kinds camp there too)

Offencive side starts off pretty good, halfway across the map and thats where trouble begins, instead of heading left to jet over the gap, they just jet upwards and you dont see them til they run out of fuel. Others just hop to the side of the gap and camp in mid air..., some try to enter the base from under the map.

I dont know if i can allow anyone to edit the map since i want to do it myself, but i will keep trying to buff the waypoints, any help will be...help.

Thanks, and also contribute any map ideas if you think i can manage it  :D

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
Re: inf_SkyFort Bot difficulties
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 05:11:32 pm »
Ugh, FileFront... please try something superior like Ripway or FileAve :P

And... why did you give Bravo Path 1 and Alpha Path 2? They should be reversed! I'm amazed you say that your wypts. are functional at all

Offline freakypred

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 06:12:02 pm »
i dont know of any other hosting providers than FileFront, thats why i asked for a refer at my first post.

plus, i only followed the guide, so i wouldnt know how things work right now.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 10:05:30 pm »
Okay, then check out Ripway and FileAve. They're extremely good, if not the best, free ones out there, even according to FLAB.
Which guide are you talking about? It must have been subpar, because Down tells the bot to crouch; if you want the bot to literally move downwards, gravity can take care of that. ;) And, if you yourself try jumping and jetting at the exact same moment, your soldat will jet and not jump. Bots behave the same way, so split up that waypoint with the Up, Right, and Fly commands into one with Up, then one with Right & Fly.

Remember, the bot does exactly what you can do. If you press Up and Right as a player, you will leap forward; bots do the same thing. Up only makes them jump directly upwards, Down and Right makes them roll then crouch-walk, etc. Perhaps I'll rework this if you really want me to, but I've got other stuff on the to-wypt. list right now, heh :P Happy waypointing.

Offline freakypred

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 08:32:28 pm »
Im not using the PolyWorks map editor, that editor keeps giving me an error when i try to use it so...no. Im using the Soldat Map Maker.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 12:11:22 pm »
Where did I say that you MUST have PolyWorks? MM and MM+ have the same wypt. functions so my advice can still be followed.

Offline freakypred

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 02:19:44 pm »
doesnt matter anymore, people rarely reply to my posts so obviously nobody cares.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 04:08:58 pm »
It's not that no one cares; waypointing is really difficult at times. Not many can do it effectively.

If you still want I'll try totally rewaypointing this map once I have time.

Offline freakypred

• Major(1)
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 06:12:32 pm »
I dont recall asking for someone else to do the waypointing, but i guess its ok.

Oh, and since you helped me with that scene problem i had, my maps will be alot more realistic. thx for that too.  ;D