Author Topic: Servers on linux doesn´t work properly. Several problems  (Read 729 times)

Offline Selknam

• Major
  • Chile!!!!
Servers on linux doesn´t work properly. Several problems
« on: June 18, 2007, 01:09:59 pm »
Before anything, i dont speak english, so im doing my best effort to express myself clearly.

Well, im adminremote of some servers... all that are runing over windows are just fine. But all wich are runing over Linux have several issues.

First, with the same maplist which is run rigth in servers over windows the server that are on linux, from time to time,  crash, or when you enter in the game you respawn in the middle (no the tipical bug) and i throw it out of server and flags are too in the middle of the map or simply aren´t. I realize that if a put a /restart command it restart a correctly a different map, the problems resolves but it appears again sometimes when the map change.

Second, there are some remote adminds commands wich simply doesn´t work. For example y cant change manually a map (/map ctf_laos, by example) because server say map doesn´t found... im very possitive that im writing well that command an mapname (wich every map happens the same), but if I make a vote usin escape-->votemap--->chossing one map it works. I can change the maxrespanw, maxplayers, and limit, but i cant kick a player. Very wierd.

Those things make that these servers stay the most poart of the time empty, cuz obviusly it ends affecting the game.

Any ideas or suggestions how to solve it?

Offline Silnikos

• Soldier
Re: Servers on linux doesn´t work properly. Several problems
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 01:20:14 pm »
I think the problem is that linux servers are case sensitive, so if you change map you have to write ctf_Laos instead of ctf_laos. I dont know if it does matter how the maps are called in maplist.txt, but it can depend on it too.
Can you kick on windows server? Maybe you simply use this command wrong, you have to type /kick player_number, try it.

Offline Selknam

• Major
  • Chile!!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 01:28:31 pm »
case sensitivity, that have to be the problems.

Im gonna check too the maplist, because if it have some variations on map names it could ocassion a server crash too. And that could be all the problem.
Thanks.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 04:10:28 pm »
GameArena #6 has the same problem, caused by a map being downloaded (don't ask me why, it just screws up when you download a map).

Do you have any custom maps in your rotation?
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Selknam

• Major
  • Chile!!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 04:51:31 pm »
none

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 08:18:17 am »
Well, someone is downloading something, I suppose. I've only seen this problem occur with map downloads.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!