Author Topic: Limited ammo mode  (Read 10880 times)

Offline Protoman

• Soldier
  • ~whistle~
Re: Limited ammo mode
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2007, 05:39:37 pm »
I agree, however, the clips you recommended should be moddable for those who will complain about the amount of clips.

Offline Nfsjunkie91

• Camper
  • Just what I needed. A box of sh-t.
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2007, 06:57:40 pm »
I agree, however, the clips you recommended should be moddable for those who will complain about the amount of clips.

Definitely, it's highly partial to semi-automatics.

Actually, it'd probably be better to just have a server script for this, because then magazines would be another factor to balance.

Offline dumdum31

• Major(1)
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2007, 10:30:26 pm »
F12 - but not for MM, too much coding with the bots. It should just be scripted. But no ammo boxes or anything like it because picking up enemy weapons would just be way better. If anyone makes script for this I'll make a server and run it. XD

Offline Spec. Ops

• Major
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2007, 01:16:02 pm »
After thinking about this i wonder why we DONT have it. In any r/s clan war you can get stuck in spray wars. Where both teams spray and spray and that can last 5 minutes and longer. Its annoying and can be easily stopped with ammo. Look at cs some people go Spraying walls but they dont spray them for 5 minutes because they only have about 5 clips. If we had a ammo limit in soldat it would be less about spraying the whole map and more about rushing and flanking the opponent. I rly think we should put this in, unless you guys like to spray like madmen.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2007, 02:57:44 pm »
Flanking pssh, only in 3d games, unless you made some really secretive hard-to- get-to path in the map.

I support this. If there were ever ammo crates (not that they ever will be), they should only fill up a certain # of clips so that you might have to pick up several to completely fill up your supply.

Another idea, to make it so that guns using the same ammo type, when you ran across them, it'd just fill up your supply with the remaining ammo of the other weapon. Basically, just transferring ammo from one gun to another (take Halo for example, meh..Halo...).

I support not having ammo crates just as much as having them. It would be dandy either way. Just...the mappers placing the ammo crates would have to be tactical as to where to place them. It could also be like how the health tiles are worked in Tw maps, having a health box next to the health area, but having a crate box next to the area signifying...etc.

I mainly support limited ammo with crates, because then theres the option to either have the crates or not yet still have the limited ammo.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 02:59:52 pm by Blacksheepboy »

Offline Vilho

• Soldier
  • Scandinavian
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2007, 08:48:53 pm »
I say no. I just don't like the idea, simple.

Offline pinOi32

• Camper
  • "Bravo kid's bad day"
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2007, 01:50:34 pm »
this sounds stupid
Pls use my amazing interface:
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=27584

I WIN!!

WHY MY KARMA SUCK??

Offline haha

• Camper
  • soldier=soldat=game
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2007, 06:46:12 am »
this sounds stupid
go play realistic and think of something else to add
Image removed, please read the forum rules.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2007, 08:37:35 am »
This will be great on TW. F12. MM should put a limited ammo mode.
On weapons.ini
Damage=120
Speed=340
Clips=2

Date Posted: 12 July 2007, 10:36:09
But don't add crates, you will have the clips when you respawn.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 09:12:17 am by ~Niko~ »

Offline Protoman

• Soldier
  • ~whistle~
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2007, 10:01:25 am »
You should be able to run over dropped like weapons of your enemies to get a clip, like how in almost every FPS game in existance.

Shoot a ruger user. Run over his gun. "Picked up 11 hunting rifle rounds".

Shoot a Ak-74 user. Run over his gun. "Picked up 80 .300 rounds".

Offline Master Chief43

• Soldier
  • When life gives you lemons, eat them :D
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2007, 10:04:17 am »
OMGz that's a good idea Photoman! Good idea man... NOW DIE! ;D I really hope MM puts limited ammo onto Soldat. Not as a replacement of unlimited ammo just a add-on you know?
In-Game Name: "Master Chief43"
Favorite Map: ctf_Ash
Favorite Mods: Special Operation 2.0, Original Soldier 1.9
Favorite Guns: [MP5][AK74][socom][Barret]

Offline muzikman

• Major
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2008, 09:14:09 am »
I don't really think this sounds fun- It would ruin gameplay for things like the law which have massive reload times anyway, to compensate for unlimited ammo

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2008, 08:26:43 am »
I don't really think this sounds fun- It would ruin gameplay for things like the law which have massive reload times anyway, to compensate for unlimited ammo
and dont forget spas reload, i think it would be hard to do that
f13
not sure bout that, cause then it would be even more balancing needed
but id like to see once tw such like
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline decoy.

• Soldier
  • All in the mind.
    • Paradigis
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2008, 12:29:42 pm »
f12

This would be interesting actually. I would definitely go for it but only under the conditions aforementioned in the thread.

If realistic: A couple of boxes of ammunition lying around in the image of a grenade box or its own custom appeal. This would leave such weapons as the socom and the deagles to come in handy.

If realistic with survival mode: Modified ammunition amounts with no extra clips on the field. Also for limited ammunition mode with survival and realistic, for weapons that still have ammunition in them (from dead people), they should not disappear until the end of the match.

And I'm all for the use of the chainsaw but I would not suggest unlimited ammo. Instead, give it about twice as much gas or more to last the session with compensation for its usage. Just like chainsaws can run out of gas when even on (and not in use) the same thing should happen to the limited ammunition mode for the chainsaw. It will run out of fuel faster with use but until then your gas storage counts down like seconds on a clock, or at half the speed.

Chain Saw = 300 - 450 gas. (automatically depletes when equipped, one count of gas every second or two seconds, normal depletion of ammunition/gas remains.)

Law = 3 - 5 (With approx. 30 seconds in between firing intervals. Alternative is 1 min.)

Socom = 12 - 18.

Dasert Eagles = 12 (with slightly longer interval in between each shot)

MP5 = 40 - 50

AK47 = 40

Steyr Aug - 30 - 60

Spas = 20

Ruger = 7 but with longer intervals in between each shot.

m79 = 4 - 6

Barret = 10

Minimi = 50 (as is)

Minigun = 100 (As is. Use discretion)

M2 Stationary Gun = 30 - 40 (longer intervals of fire in between each round.)

Bow = 15 = 30 (Use discretion)

FlameThrower = 200 (As is. Use discretion) or maybe more.
[FF|LL|HE[Cide/Decoy/Not Batman!:
[[ 300.91m | sniping distance
[[ 85:0 | kill:death ratio
[[ us.socom | favorite weapon

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2008, 04:13:14 pm »
Usual configuration is more than enough, all weapons should have same shots, not giving any advantadge, reloadtime=99999. As you can see, having 5 law is quite senseless since you may get killed whitout shooting them all, also, no1 would wait to reload it, it's better /kill.

This gamemode MUST be played realistic, because of the lack of ammo, and it fits more TW. Idle on #soldat.lm on QuakeNET to know more about this.

Offline The Goliad

• Soldier
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2008, 04:28:24 pm »
F12. This would prevent people from spray camping in trench wars.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2008, 04:41:14 pm »
Also, here's my server for testing this, though nobody gets in...

81.34.79.1:23073

Also, you can idle on #soldat.lm @ QuakeNET for further details, and if you want to make part of the team...