Author Topic: Scenery Malfunction - Possible Gfx card error?  (Read 577 times)

Offline Krypt_

• Soldier
Scenery Malfunction - Possible Gfx card error?
« on: June 19, 2007, 02:41:26 pm »
I haven't been able to determine the cause of what is going on. All I see are the screenshots below. I've tested this after just recently installing the LandWarrior 2.0 Mod and replacing it's files with the actual games (I am too lazy for using the mod folder...). Could not using the mod folder be the cause? Or is it something to do with my gfx card? Any help would be great.

System Specs:
-Dell Dimension 8200 pentium 4 w/o hyper-threading
-256mb Radeon 9600 card (added after buying)
-128 mb RAM (generic, came with computer when i bought it)
-Feel free to ask me more questions if it helps.

Screenies:

----------------

Note: These screens are from VTT's TW_Rage. As you can see the sceneries are a bit...non-sceneric.  :-\

Thanks in advance for any advice/aid you can come up with. Cheers!

Edit: And yes, I do have the required sceneries for each and every map I use.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 02:48:33 pm by Krypt_ »

Expression.Freedom.Art.

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
Re: Scenery Malfunction - Possible Gfx card error?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 03:10:23 pm »
I had that too for a while. Uninstalling and then reinstalling my video card drivers fixed it; might be worth a shot for you too.

If that doesn't fix it for you, does it work any better if you start Soldat without running the mod (even though I'd strongly doubt that could cause it)?

Offline Krypt_

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 03:17:38 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply Toumaz. I reinstalled my drivers and attempted again...nothing. =(

I tried playing without the mod running and witnessed similar results. The sceneries seem to be phased out and stretched (altogether random and non-sceneric still). I'm going to reinstall Soldat again and check it out with both the mod running and the normal game itself. I'll get back to you after I test it out again.

Edit: After testing it out, I didn't get any new response. Same graphical errors ensue. Again, i am out of ideas.  :(
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 04:12:08 pm by Krypt_ »

Expression.Freedom.Art.

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 04:21:42 pm »
Does the error occur in all maps? Only PNG sceneries? If yes and if you can find out, have PNG sceneries worked for you before?

And I suppose you've tried restarting your computer. :/