Author Topic: What's with the popups?  (Read 4301 times)

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
Re: What's with the popups?
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2007, 02:23:23 pm »
Similarly, smearing your computer in tar and feathers doesn't make it a chicken either.
And not shutting the hell up about linux doesn't make it the greatest thing ever...
@ii

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2007, 02:42:53 pm »
those one or two programs don't "fix" the underlying problem of Windows being insecure and easily exploited, they simply try to mask it.

Well it's masking it damn well, as my Windows XP system isn't a hive of countless pop-ups and viruses.

@echo_trail: Like † said, I think you should try out some decent programs before you go down the shadowy backstreet to talk with the dirty Linux dealer. ;)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 02:48:14 pm by SDFilm »

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2007, 05:53:08 pm »
FEAR THE PENGUIN.

Despite all it's flaws, I'm sticking with Windows. Can't say I'm too fond of Vista, but I know it better than I do Mac's OS.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline Psycho

• Flagrunner
  • Decomposing
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2007, 07:10:09 pm »
linux might be good for parents and people who doesent know how to keep their PC clean (had XP clean for a few years now.)

But this is a game forum. People might enjoy being able to play the millions of games, and run most of the programs out there, than sitting infront of their screen, smirking at how they don't get any spyware.

Looking down from ethereal skies

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2007, 03:24:07 am »
Well, i'm definitely not switching to linux. Not only do I like windowsXP, but I also know my dad would kill me for messing with his computer. For some reason he loves this old piece of junk very much.

So yeah, I'll need some windows antivirus upgrades. First off, what program(s) should I use?
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2007, 03:30:23 am »
Avast, Ad-Aware and Spybot - Search & Destroy

OBEY!!!

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2007, 03:58:57 am »
Similarly, smearing your computer in tar and feathers doesn't make it a chicken either.
And not shutting the hell up about linux doesn't make it the greatest thing ever...

Hell yeah:P

I'd recommend Zone Alarm internet security suite and  ad-aware just because it will find some things that other scanners won't

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2007, 04:36:05 pm »
gold. pure gold.

It really isn't that great, in fact, I want to delete it. It's just painfully annoying.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan