Author Topic: Why can't I poll?  (Read 4167 times)

Offline Coolio

• Camper
  • Well cya all.
Why can't I poll?
« on: June 19, 2007, 02:47:06 pm »
Why can't I poll? When ever i try to start a poll and press post it has " You are not allowed to access this section." Is it just me or are there certain people who can access the poll?
BANNED

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
Re: Why can't I poll?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 02:48:30 pm »
Make the topic then add a poll to it.
@ii

Offline Coolio

• Camper
  • Well cya all.
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 02:56:55 pm »
Thanks it worked.
BANNED

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 04:52:17 pm »
This is pretty much the only known problem in the new forums, something that I've gradually been pursuing when I have free time.  I'll figure it out... some day.

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 04:54:58 pm »
I was wondering this yesterday when I couldn't post a poll. Thanks  :D
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 06:37:24 pm »
You know, I feel this makes the forum personalized and cool. It's kinda like when you have an old car and something is funky in it. Like, the passenger door only works 3 out of 4 times, (You sometimes have to roll down the window and open it from the outside) one of the windows rolls up slower than the others, the radio is on all the time because the power button doesn't work, so you just have to turn down the volume all the way, etc. :)

Flies, I was going to suggest that something was screwy with the permission masks, but that cannot be the issue because we can still add polls to existing threads...

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 07:06:39 pm »
You know, I feel this makes the forum personalized and cool. It's kinda like when you have an old car and something is funky in it. Like, the passenger door only works 3 out of 4 times, (You sometimes have to roll down the window and open it from the outside) one of the windows rolls up slower than the others, the radio is on all the time because the power button doesn't work, so you just have to turn down the volume all the way, etc. :)]
or it could just be a really shitty car.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 07:10:39 pm »
or it could just be a really ****ty car.
Hey, at least I tried to be optimistic. :(

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2007, 07:31:23 pm »
Flies, I was going to suggest that something was screwy with the permission masks, but that cannot be the issue because we can still add polls to existing threads...

It isn't a permissions thing, because Administrators get it too, and Administrators always have full permissions to everything, and that can't be changed

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2007, 07:36:16 pm »
In that case, for now why don't you just hide the make-new-poll button, and allow polls to only be attached to existing topics? Or is that not possible?

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2007, 09:35:31 pm »
In that case, for now why don't you just hide the make-new-poll button, and allow polls to only be attached to existing topics? Or is that not possible?

I believe it is possible, but I'd rather leave it enabled for future testing and so that maybe I can see patterns emerge.  Every time this happens, an error is generated.  I've got tons of logs of these errors, and I can then look at them on the whole for patterns

Offline mat

• Major(1)
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2007, 07:14:28 am »
just added more data to that log... :|

any update on this poll thingy? I would really want to start one, it would be more usefull to the community than the average "chatted-to-death" topics...

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.