Author Topic: Waypointing  (Read 1394 times)

Offline gandhi

• Major(1)
  • Rawr
Waypointing
« on: June 20, 2007, 09:56:24 am »
I'm making my first map, and I have a few questions -- I know how to put down waypoints, but I'd like to get some suggestions, first, since I really don't have any idea what I'm doing :P. I made it in Polyworks, if you're willing to reply take that into account. I've attached my map if you want to take a look at it, any recommendations for where to put waypoints would be great.

And yeah, feel free to make any suggestions as well. It's my first map, I'm open to any criticism that'll help me improve.

Also, another really pressing matter, how do I load a list of scenery? Currently the list is empty, and I didn't see any options for it, and on the dropdown menu on the scenery tab I only see 3 options: "Clear list," "reload scenery list," and "refrest current scenery."

thanks

*edit* Also note, this map was designed specifically for RS
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 11:51:00 am by gandhi »

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
Re: Waypointing
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 01:34:47 pm »
Scenery can be accessed by right-clicking with the Scenery Tool.

After having downloaded and checked it out, I have no idea why your map is styled like this, because frankly, I think waypointing it could be very well impossible. You have so many cracks and tiny areas! If it is already extremely difficult for a sentient player to reach an area, it's probably impossible to get a bot to do so. Style your map more like ctf_Laos or something easier to work with.