Author Topic: laggy after 1.4.1  (Read 2332 times)

Offline Apocalypse

• Major
  • Who is the wiseman? beggar or king?
laggy after 1.4.1
« on: June 20, 2007, 10:11:57 pm »
well the beggining says it all after 1.4.1 maps just totally lag me out, and it didnt happen before 1.4.1...

i know its not my card because im using a ATI AMD RADEON 9250 graphics card that allows me to play battlefield1942 with everything on high with no fps lag at all.

(not like ping lag like fps lag)
it wont let me move, then like 10 seconds later when im not pressing anything my soldat just starts running, jetting, shooting, all sorts of stuff, but it only happens to certain maps, like ill play TW_myst just fine, but i cant play a simple climb map... if anyone can help me then PLZ FOR TEH LOVE OF GAWD HELP ME!
Skin against skin blood and bone
You're all by yourself but you're not alone
You wanted in now you're here
Driven by hate consumed by fear

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
Re: laggy after 1.4.1
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 11:27:25 pm »
Ok, try forcing Video Compatibility in Soldat Setup. That seems to work for Intel 64 cards, so maybe it'll work for you. I used to have a Radeon 9700SE and Soldat had problems running on it...There is also a download that fixes bugs for ATi cards (mind you, that bug was fixed awhile a go...I think)
Just another soul to burn.

Offline Raiko

• Major(1)
  • Banned for ban-evading and admitting to hacking
    • InuYasha Heaven
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 11:39:57 pm »
Wow.... I'm using a old outdated SiS 305 which i can't even play StarCraft on and still be able to play soldat with 35FPS

Offline Apocalypse

• Major
  • Who is the wiseman? beggar or king?
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 07:33:01 am »
thats what im running right now 25 fps nub, buy a new gfx card and come back if you can help me..
Skin against skin blood and bone
You're all by yourself but you're not alone
You wanted in now you're here
Driven by hate consumed by fear

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 09:50:58 pm »
thats what im running right now 25 fps nub, buy a new gfx card and come back if you can help me..
Ungreatful slob....I was only trying to help. And by the way...I have a new gfx card. Its a Nvidia GEForce 5700.
I loled at "Nub"...Do you know how childish that sounds?
Just another soul to burn.

Offline Thyr

• Major(1)
  • {I-Ln} + Modder
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 07:05:23 am »
Bone Collector, I think he was referring to Apocalypse, not you...still, that flaming was totally unnecessary.

Unfortunately, I suffer from the same/similar problem...I often have a framerate of just 10-12fps, I used to have 80+ before 1.4.1 - even checked Video Compatiblity mode, still use the same GFX-Card + other hardware as before, basically nothing changed but my framerate was reduced to 1/10th of what it used to be...any ideas?

Offline chazzer_

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 06:07:39 pm »
I have the same problem i used to have 60 fps now its 10 ish any ideas??? I have tried using compatibility mode but made no difference

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 08:43:52 pm »
Did you set the resolution to anything above 640x480? Ive noticed that increasing *really* effects performance even on good systems. (Or systems that should run soldat very well)
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline Raiko

• Major(1)
  • Banned for ban-evading and admitting to hacking
    • InuYasha Heaven
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2007, 04:41:02 am »
Please...don't call me nub, even with 30 fps i don't lag since i have a graphics card optimizer. Even when i join a server with 32 i still don't lag. 

Offline Thyr

• Major(1)
  • {I-Ln} + Modder
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2007, 07:26:42 am »
I found the problem in my case, it was because I had xfire running - somehow, since 1.4.1, having Ingame-Messanging in xfire enabled seriously screws up your framerate. Solution if you still want to have xfire running while playing Soldat: Turn off ingame-messanging in Soldat:

(Xfire Main window): Extras - Options - Games - Soldat - "Disable Xfire-Ingame"

Offline nuclearrambo

• Major
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007, 08:53:13 am »
1.4.2 is laggy piece of shit! not that bad. i do get lag but not as much as you people describe it. LOL:)

Offline danmer

• Camper
  • crabhead
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2007, 09:29:46 am »
1.4.2 is laggy piece of ****! not that bad. i do get lag but not as much as you people describe it. LOL:)

Then it's not the case ;)

Offline KorrupT MerC

• Camper
  • Stoled it!
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2007, 04:08:18 pm »
I found the problem in my case, it was because I had xfire running - somehow, since 1.4.1, having Ingame-Messanging in xfire enabled seriously screws up your framerate. Solution if you still want to have xfire running while playing Soldat: Turn off ingame-messanging in Soldat:

(Xfire Main window): Extras - Options - Games - Soldat - "Disable Xfire-Ingame"

Thanks, Just downloaded it 2 days ago and it was making everything warp so i just logged out to play soldat.

In-Game --iH- {K}orrupT
CTF_Boscage | CTF_Ridge | CTF_Polar | CTF_Dusty