Author Topic: Weapon Spawns/3&4 team htf and ctf  (Read 1212 times)

Offline KamikazeDuck

• Camper
Weapon Spawns/3&4 team htf and ctf
« on: July 04, 2006, 10:08:21 pm »
If there is ever a new version, and if MM ever reads the game improvements/suggestions threads I have some ideas for the new version.

Weapon Spawns
imo it would be great to have the ability to place weapon spawns in maps like grenades for primary and secondary weapons. It would open a heap of possibilites for maps. Climb maps could be like Counter-Strike surf maps in that there could be two teams that start without weapons, then at the end there could be a weapon stash. A htf map could have teams starting off with pistols and when they get to the centre of the map where the flag is, there could be ak47s and augs for the team to use against oncoming enemies.
This wouldn't really have an impact on the game, it would just be another option for mappers to use.

3 & 4 team htf and ctf
I remember when I first played Soldat, I was disappointed when I saw that there was no option to have 3 or 4 team games of ctf. Just think, four flags, teams working together and making deals to get another team's flag who is winning. 3 and 4 player htf wouldn't be as crazy as ctf with the same amount but would still be very fun. It would be very fun and mappers could come up with some truly genious designs to take advantage of the new modes. Yes, new modes, it would have to be otherwise it would be fustrating clicking a ctf or htf map, thinking 3 teams could play when only two can and then trying to remember which maps in your directory can and can't be used for 3+ players.
JUNGLE | ART | PIRATE | RADIATION | DESERT | UFO

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
Re: Weapon Spawns/3&4 team htf and ctf
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 10:18:54 pm »
3&4 team CTF is unfeasible due to the limitation of 2D mapping, one team would always have an upperhand on any map.

What's the point of weapon spawns? You die often and if implemented people would always discard secondaries, this would be extremely annoying.
ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 10:23:21 pm »
3 & 4 team htf and ctf
I remember when I first played Soldat, I was disappointed when I saw that there was no option to have 3 or 4 team games of ctf. Just think, four flags, teams working together and making deals to get another team's flag who is winning. 3 and 4 player htf wouldn't be as crazy as ctf with the same amount but would still be very fun. It would be very fun and mappers could come up with some truly genious designs to take advantage of the new modes. Yes, new modes, it would have to be otherwise it would be fustrating clicking a ctf or htf map, thinking 3 teams could play when only two can and then trying to remember which maps in your directory can and can't be used for 3+ players.

Bad idea since it'll create balance issues. On most servers, you'd be looking at two people per team. Having two or more teams attack one would leave the team being attacked little chance to retaliate since it'd be the same as 8:2 uneven teams. Having a team that small would lead to a lot of dead routes, too, since you won't encounter many enemies along the way. This would be fixed on a larger server, but then you still will have balance issues of having a team stuck defending against incoming forces that double or triple their numbers.

Offline KamikazeDuck

• Camper
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 10:31:48 pm »
Ah, okay, I can see both your points. I didn't think of how it would be difficult to fill all four teams to a playable amount. I guess there has been a lot of thought and there are reasons why most things haven't been implimented.
JUNGLE | ART | PIRATE | RADIATION | DESERT | UFO