Author Topic: Ship Map Changed to Lava Bunker... COOL LAVA <--- LOOK  (Read 5314 times)

Offline Raiko

• Major(1)
  • Banned for ban-evading and admitting to hacking
    • InuYasha Heaven
Re: Ship Map Changed to Lava Bunker... COOL LAVA <--- LOOK
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2007, 05:38:16 am »
Why is that such a big problem for you to accept my opinion?
And I think you are the one who have to chill.
Your Airpirates remake is a piece of ****! it lags like hell because of all the scenery! and your light house scenery is huge! so your the one who needs to chill

Offline X-Tender

• Major(1)
  • Got Headcrab?
    • Fuchtelworld - V3
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2007, 05:39:35 am »
@PH:
Why are you answering for Will ?
I just wanted to tell my opinion here in the board so that other People can discuss about this Topic too.

lol @ Raiko! Who is cursing here? Funny! ;)
My sceanrys are 256x256 max. and not 3000x1000

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2007, 05:43:39 am »
Awesome man!

Offline Iq Unlimited

• Flagrunner
  • mr. foobar2000
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2007, 03:03:55 pm »
Your Airpirates remake is a piece of ****! it lags like hell because of all the scenery! and your light house scenery is huge! so your the one who needs to chill
...dude wtf

Map side I agree with some of X-tenders points, drawing all your scenery then building the map around it seems like a cheap way to make a map look good. The lava still looks cool xD. I will wait to pass  more judgment later.

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2007, 03:28:51 pm »

What a stupid reason to tell someone to chill.  "Your Airpirates lags and is complete crap, therefore, you should chill out!"  Oh, and that lighthouse of his is built entirely out of polygons.  Go do some research before saying anything.

I think everyone here needs to chill, including you.

X-tender - Who still uses Pentium? Pentium II? Pentium III even? like whatever bro, everyone at least has P4's, Solo core or dual core now

Don't make such silly assumptions.

X-Tender: While I agree with your points and that this isn't the most favorable way to make maps, I also agree with Will that it's just a map, whether you like it or not.  Don't make a big deal out of it.  PHReaKeR here wants to do something in his own style?  Fine, let him do it.  Doesn't mean you'll have to download and play it.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 03:45:06 pm by Eagles_Arrows »

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline PHReaKeR

• Major(1)
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2007, 08:46:36 am »
LOL Well, honestly.. If this engine doesn't support it too well i'm going to try make my own engine and put it into a single player game of some sort =)

Either way, it is a dif style and maybe the engine will get updated to support this style of mapping better at a later date.. either way, if it takes off who knows.. there are some older games which work on this principle which will allow maps to be completely custom, regardless i'm having fun making it so thanks to everything for reading and looking =)

X-Tender, opinion is one thing buy you keep telling me how unimpressed you are and when I am putting in decent time to this and being told i'm crap isn't very nice =P

Eitherway, it looks damn cool now and ill show another update soon... haven't worked on it heaps this isn't the only thing that I am doing. I am starting a new business as well which involves art and wholesaling so i can't exactly just sit here all day and make it =)

Date Posted: June 24, 2007, 09:41:59 AM
I was talking about building the stuff with Polygons and not only using Scenarys.

@atlee3: Its not a map, its still an image! SO the only thing I can say about this is that the Image looks good, and not that the map look good.

Just my 2 Cents. Do what you want, but you from me you didn't get any Respect because anybody can paint huge Images in PS, but build it the right way is the Art!!

ROFL - Not anyone has a good eye for detail. Not anyone could produce effects like this. Not everyone could even work a 2D / Semi 3D style seemlessly.. NOT everyone could do this, you say it like im using paintbrush or something lol!!!

Geez man, just because you can texture doesn't mean EVERYONE can. Sheesh lol... not everyone can that's 110% overblown of a statement !!

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2007, 10:37:32 am »
Trollish post by Raiko deleted, and user warned. You know better than to do that!

Just split the scenery into multiple parts. Then everyone will be satisfied :D
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 02:08:49 pm by Keron Cyst »

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2007, 10:50:10 am »
I think XT is trying to say that PHreaker is a good graphics artist, but that part of the beauty is that everything is made of polygons and scenery is used primarily for seasoning.

I believe PHreakers point is that it's his map, he can make it how he wants.

I say: It's just a map. Why should the method matter if the product works well? When it's done, have someone with a crappy computer play on the map. If it lags any more than usual, I'll go in and break the scenery up myself.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2007, 11:12:35 am »
I think that's a fair enough offer  ;)

Offline PHReaKeR

• Major(1)
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2007, 05:36:35 am »
LOL well that sounds like a nice plan and I appreciate it mxyzptlk.

The only thing is... It's going to be VERY hard to do =| hope you're up to it lol because I'd get lost on where to start the slicing..

Thanks =) will update soon

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2007, 02:08:05 pm »
It doesn't matter where the divided sections would be; PolyWorks can fit them all perfectly right against each other anyways

Offline urraka

• Soldat Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2007, 04:00:22 pm »
the only important think is to separate the graphics that cover the player
urraka

Offline PHReaKeR

• Major(1)
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2007, 05:27:34 am »
what is the point of slicing, is the difference that the engine can handle like 300 small sceneries, better than 1 large one?

If people are going to comment at least be specific about why? I didn't make the engine and I've barely used it :P

Offline fireblade212

• Camper
  • The gods chose right.
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2007, 09:52:21 am »
love the lava
Mapmaker-mapmaker plus                         

Working map-  thinking
My game forum(register)

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2007, 11:21:45 am »
what is the point of slicing, is the difference that the engine can handle like 300 small sceneries, better than 1 large one?
Yes, it is, actually; in fact, one map from an earlier version was removed because it used a scenery that was so large older computers couldn't handle it :P

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2007, 08:32:07 am »
HELL YA! IT LOOKS GREAT!! HOW HAVE YOU MAKED IT??

Offline Grim

• Major
  • Boop-boop-de-boop
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2007, 06:40:52 pm »
HOW HAVE YOU MAKED IT??

^ What? ^

Any who, I like the map, it looks ggggreat! Especially the lava-java. I'm not gonna take sides on the scenery discussion, but I'd say let x-tender cut it up if he has such a problem.

Also, any updates to speak of?

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2007, 12:32:49 pm »
my turn.
This is a picture, a nice picture. This is not a map and never will be a good map if you just cover it with inivisipolygons and colliders because the map is rated for the amount of EFFORT put into the map. the visual side of the map is ~50% out of which 25% are the POLYGONS , so if you make buggy polygons or screw up some areas by making them sprayhappO or camphappO, then you may give yourself an honest pretty 2,5/ 10 rank for a pretty picture. Enjoy.
I support Xtender because he is more experienced in mapping than you little ar$ebangs (good lord, is that a word) , dont crowd up on him , it was his opinion as this one is mine.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 01:26:17 pm by Horve »

Offline Mastadi

• Camper
  • What makes me a good demoman!?
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2007, 04:20:13 pm »
I'm not a good mapper, but i don't use so big sceneries, just to make map look pretty. Try making it without scenery, just using the multitexture, and use scenery just for the impossible to make parts.

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2007, 08:52:33 am »
The lava hurts my eyes....
Maybe you could tone it down a tad?
Lol, internets.