Author Topic: /killall  (Read 1394 times)

Offline Super Vegeta

• Major
    • SV Games - The home of all my creations.
/killall
« on: June 22, 2007, 04:52:48 pm »
Bots. God-dammit, they're so stupid. Playing a ctf\inf with survival can last forever after the death of human players - bots are gonna keep runnin' all over the map, camp, get stuck, blah, blah, blah... And then you have go like /kill 1, /kill 2, /kill 3, /kill 4...

/killall would have two uses. First, to simply speed up killing bots when there are no human players left alive. Second, if you have two bots left on ctf - if you kill one, the second's team earns a point. Beign able to kill them both at the same time would cause a draw round with no point earned.

Hmm... Maybe also /killteam? :P
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 01:19:41 am by Super Vegeta »

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
Re: /killall
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 05:00:44 pm »
Beign able to kill them both at the same time would cause a draw round with no point earned.
Don't think that would work out as Soldat actually 'kills' one of the players before the other no matter what.

Eh.. apart from that, /killall could be easily scripted using the dedicated server, as well as /killteam. I suppose a client command could be nice too, so what the hell; I'd like to see it added.

... or don't play against bots! ;o

Offline Taehl

• Camper
  • When a fool hears about Tao, he just laughs.
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 05:16:03 pm »
Rather than /killall, how about /killbots?
"The balance is perfect. The flow is perfect. The speed is perfect. This... Is the absolute best mod on the site."  - mxyzptlk
"THIS IS PROBABLY... scratch that ...this IS the best mod I have seen before. Dang man, nice job!"  - Dorkey Dear
"Whoa! This is the best mod ever!!!"  - imacheater2k7      "Looks like a beaut. On a rating, 6/5"  - Radical Terrorist
New and improved: LandWarrior 3.0

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 05:56:20 pm »
This would be awesome for when bots get stuck in polygons (which they do... a lot.)

Offline Flacid Assassin

• Camper
  • Gorby The Grunt
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 06:11:26 pm »
ummm why are u guys playing with bots anyways

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 07:17:17 pm »
/killsome
/killrandom
/killhalf
/killbill
lol

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 07:43:23 pm »
/kill John Tucker?

No, seriously though, I think this is a good idea. I sometimes get frustrated with how bots will occasionally get bugged and I want to kill all of them.

Flacid Assassin: I cannot speak for the other guys, but I personally enjoy bot battles because of the real amount of damage you get - with all of the opponents and myself with 0 ping, it's much easier to nail hits. :)

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline imacheater2k7

• Soldier
  • Your friendly neighborhood semi-goth.
    • New VGN
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 08:05:54 pm »
@Flacid Assassin: Not everyone has fast enough internet that they can play online matches all the time.

Offline Taehl

• Camper
  • When a fool hears about Tao, he just laughs.
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2007, 09:23:08 pm »
Yea. Myself, trying to play online is completely random. I get random messages saying I killed people, I die without warning, and people teleport instead of running and flying.
"The balance is perfect. The flow is perfect. The speed is perfect. This... Is the absolute best mod on the site."  - mxyzptlk
"THIS IS PROBABLY... scratch that ...this IS the best mod I have seen before. Dang man, nice job!"  - Dorkey Dear
"Whoa! This is the best mod ever!!!"  - imacheater2k7      "Looks like a beaut. On a rating, 6/5"  - Radical Terrorist
New and improved: LandWarrior 3.0

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2007, 09:35:31 pm »
well i could write yee a script that kills all players however it would kill players one by one so one team will always get the point :/
Also, I thought maybe the script could pause the game, then kill everyone, then unpause and hope that the server would see it as everyone dying at the same time, but unfortunately it doesn't, so this doesn't help...
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Super Vegeta

• Major
    • SV Games - The home of all my creations.
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2007, 01:19:07 am »
Duh. Bots can be good for training, or having a hack'n'slash - run a map that is a bit sneaky, teammatch, and 25 knife-only bots on one of the teams. ^__^

Now seriously, I got this idea when I was playing with my friend who is new to Soldat. We were playing with a mod. First we played 1 on 1, but then we wanted to try INF, so well, we had to use bots.