Author Topic: What the hell...  (Read 3947 times)

Offline SDFilm

• Veteran
Re: What the hell...
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2007, 12:28:50 pm »
Sniper versus Sniper battles are some of the most fun duels I've ever had in Soldat. Except when that one idiot on the other team comes over who wants an easy kill...

Ya I love sniper duals when I'm not using the Minimi, apart from when they turn into a resultless camper-vs-camper stare-out contest ::)

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline Spacewing

• Soldier
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2007, 12:47:31 pm »
I do belive there are many topics about this.

Well, nothing wrong with berrets, ppl just get pissed if you are good to aim with them ;P

Offline TBDM

• Flagrunner
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2007, 01:04:04 pm »
People hate the sniper because it is a sniper. It kills in one shot, and it can kill from a long distance. In every game I've ever played the 1-hit killers are the biggest attacked guns.

m79 beats barrett in lameness, almost everybody who started playing since version 1.3 is a m79

and barett or m79duals are boring as hell, thy always keep waiting till you come, and when you do, thy shoot and run away....CHICKENS I SAY!

Offline ion1chaos

• Major(1)
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2007, 03:11:18 pm »
not really....unless you're facing noobs who can't actually aim with it and are only able to camp and hit people coming straight at them.....I've had a few sniper duals (isn't it duels??) and it's awesome with each of us trying to do awesome shots (in slo mo!!).

Offline SDFilm

• Veteran
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2007, 03:21:56 pm »
1 sniper + 1 sniper + SSCC camouflage + Shau or Bigfalls = epic sharpshooting dual :D

Those times always remind me of Enemy At The Gates

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2007, 04:17:11 pm »
I'm mostly just pissed because they don't need to hit the same target twice. They can just hit something once, and if the ping is okay, they win. The other person doesn't even get a chance to respond sometimes. I guess I'm mad because it doesn't feel like it's fair to all the other people who aren't using insta-kill weapons.
I'm not mad at the campers, because it's a perfectly valid defensive strategy. I mainly play Infiltration, and camping is basically the way to get points on Bravo, since as long as Alpha doesn't have your flag, you get points. The only campers I get mad at are the spawn campers and the people on Alpha who camp. I understand clearing out the fool Bravos who rush the flag or spawn, but staying there when the rest of the team is trying to get a foothold and run the flag is just retarded.
I'm pissed at Barrett users, but there's nothing I can do. I'll just accept it and spray the **** out of 'em.
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2007, 07:01:44 pm »
Sniper versus Sniper battles are some of the most fun duels I've ever had in Soldat. Except when that one idiot on the other team comes over who wants an easy kill...

Ohh man I cannot believe that you actually like snipe vs snipe

there is a reason that I dont play elite snipe n slice

I avoid snipe vs snipe at all costs.
Always remember the succubus...

Offline CriminalJoe

• Major
  • Anti-Sober
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2007, 07:13:18 pm »
i would respect if the sniper wasn't changed. btw every 1 is out to get me anyways :O
ZOMIFGZ DONT FEED THE ZOMBORGZ!!!!!@@!!121@!@!!21!@!!111!one!!!1@!21!@

Offline urraka

• Soldat Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2007, 07:36:30 pm »
and barett or m79duals are boring as hell, thy always keep waiting till you come, and when you do, thy shoot and run away....CHICKENS I SAY!

Yes, they are chickens! They hardly ever take some risk, i don't understand how they get fun doing that. Sometimes, when dueling some barretter or m79er, i just stand without moving, and the other guy won't come to kill me, he just runs in circles behind the ground.

Anyway, I don't get pissed with barretters, i get pissed with people using always the same weapon to get easy kills (usually m79). If i notice i'm killing too easily, i change my weapon, to get some challange you know, it gets boring otherwise.

And there will be always someone to call you noob, whatever weapon you are using.
urraka

Offline decoy.

• Soldier
  • All in the mind.
    • Paradigis
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2007, 08:15:10 am »
and barett or m79 duals are boring as hell, thy always keep waiting till you come, and when you do, thy shoot and run away....CHICKENS I SAY!

Yes, they are chickens! They hardly ever take some risk, i don't understand how they get fun doing that. Sometimes, when dueling some barretter or m79er, i just stand without moving, and the other guy won't come to kill me, he just runs in circles behind the ground.

Anyway, I don't get pissed with barretters, i get pissed with people using always the same weapon to get easy kills (usually m79). If i notice i'm killing too easily, i change my weapon, to get some challange you know, it gets boring otherwise.

And there will be always someone to call you noob, whatever weapon you are using.
I agree on the noob point as well as getting bored with easy kills. I however do not agree with you on the fact that such duals are boring. With me being a frequent m79 user myself (not always but frequent) I would be the one to take the agressive approach in a dual. And my methods often include knocking my opponent elsewhere if not killing them since making use of the ground around them or a wall behind them can be useful in inflicting damage. And what some m79 users and barret users don't make use of doing is having adequite back-up once its time for their weapon to reload.

Another reason why I'm often agressive in duals is because socom makes for an adequite back-up procedure, especially since its the second fastest loading weapon in the game (second to the spaz of course). But then again since I look to die in often (not always) overcomming my opponents, I guess my tactics differ with the circumstance. I also see my team mates more so shy away too quickly in the presence of either a sniper or a bomber-man (m79) covering a thresh hold for an easy kill.

Such persuit after those who run I would not consider a dual but more so a waste of time...unless its in death match. Then its just all fun and games in the hunt.
[FF|LL|HE[Cide/Decoy/Not Batman!:
[[ 300.91m | sniping distance
[[ 85:0 | kill:death ratio
[[ us.socom | favorite weapon

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2007, 08:41:04 am »
I remember ctf run in 1.2.1 *begins grandpa simpson rant*

Back in those days, everyone used the barret, which didn't have that extra "t." Now, everyone used to just run along trying to get a good shot, and i remember I could run up all the way to their base and back using just the barret, which didn't have the extra "t." Oh it was great fun when you could use the barret, which didn't have the extra "t." almost like an assault weapon with enough skill. nowadays, the barrett, which for some reason has another "t" can only be used crouched or prone if you want a chance at *sleep*
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Wormdundee

• Soldier
  • Ruger what?
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2007, 10:27:00 pm »
I kinda like how the barret is going now, although I think the trigger delay maybe screwed them a bit. Since I'm sure a lot of you know I only use the ruger, if a sniper misses his first shot hes going to die because of the long cool-down. So, I don't really see what all the complaining is about, especially since a large majority of snipers seem to be idiots who just sit in one spot, waiting to die.