Author Topic: "Hostage Situation Critical" Idea  (Read 1106 times)

Offline Radical Terrorist

• Camper
  • The Turr'rst
"Hostage Situation Critical" Idea
« on: June 23, 2007, 11:33:33 am »
Ok, here's my plan. A standard "Terrorists vs. Specops" Senario. Serial Killer, Wondering if I can borrow the Balaclava from your CS mod. Proper credit will go to you. The only difference is that in an INF match ( I guess in CTF too...) I will edit the flag to look like a gagged and bound gostek (the hostage) Which specops must infiltrate and retrieve on their backs while gunning down an endless army of blues (terrorists). I am not that experienced at modmaking although I was experimenting with making one once. All this will be is a simple conversion of the Flag and the gosteks. If the idea flies, I may add more swat/terrorist-like weapons like M4s and Berettas and PSG Tactical Snipers etc... I was thinking of changing the sound file of the "flag pickup" to a Counter Strike Hostage's SFX sound that says "Lets get out of here" when you tag a hostage in CS. And maybe changing the Flag score sound to a "Thanks!" or whatever. Ideas please, if no positive feedback, I'm dumping this project in the planning stages.
Never take life seriously. No one ever gets out alive.

Offline Kagesha

• Flagrunner
  • cunts
Re: "Hostage Situation Critical" Idea
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 06:03:09 pm »
o.O Good idea...So this is like an inf just changed flag and stuff.... Sounds great! Thats all i can say..

Offline Radical Terrorist

• Camper
  • The Turr'rst
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 07:59:37 pm »
I'm Afraid to say that I have to cancel this project due to the fact that the flags textures were working aginst me. When I tried to alter the flag cloth it's self into disappearing so that only the hostage would show and not the flag attached to him, the flag turned green instead of disappearing like it should have. Can I have an admin lock this thread?
Never take life seriously. No one ever gets out alive.

Offline adadqgg

• Soldier
  • Yuri for the win ~desu
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 06:37:58 pm »
even if u suceeded, it would be awkward because ???special force !"CARRY" hostage, on their back???

Shikabane Hime... Undead girls... Dual-wielding Mac 11s... Epic bayonets... WIN!

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 08:08:45 pm »
Also the hostage will wobble about like a inflatable bowling pin. Makes you look like a Michael Jackson child abductor.

Yeah and flag won't support green as transparent. Have you tested if PNG alpha transparency will fix it? I have a hunch it won't [since other stretched textures like the ones for the nade/bonus/health boxes don't] but it never hurts to give it a try.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0