Author Topic: Improvements & query for score board on CTF  (Read 740 times)

Offline Kahless

• Major
Improvements & query for score board on CTF
« on: July 03, 2007, 05:03:51 am »
Query first - what do the little grey X's on the left hand side of a player's name mean ?

In regards to improvement, it would be nice to see a "kill" column added. While it's possible to determine your own kill score from the final score (each return is worth 20pts, so subtract multiples), you don't remember at the end who else has returned the flag, or how many times. For me the objective of most CTF matches is to get highest score while the secondary objective is to get the highest kill count. Without a "kill" column, it's not possible to  determine if you did get the highest kill count.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 05:06:35 am by Kahless »

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
Re: Improvements & query for score board on CTF
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 05:08:33 am »
well you can do this with server scripting. just do on flag score and take -20 pts and add some info to his "user" so in the end servermessage could send messages about all scores

Offline NinjaGimp369

• Veteran
  • Wa-Poww!
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 06:29:00 am »
The little x's next to the players name means that the player is in re-spawn time.
"You should've used the pythagoras theorum, b*tch."
[/url]

Offline Kahless

• Major
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 06:33:48 am »
The little x's next to the players name means that the player is in re-spawn time.

Did you mean the player is currently deceased awaiting re-spawn at the time the match concludes?

Date Posted: 03-07-2007, 21:32:44
well you can do this with server scripting. just do on flag score and take -20 pts and add some info to his "user" so in the end servermessage could send messages about all scores

Cool, but is there a reason why we wouldn't this as the default server behaviour?

Offline DePhille

• Flagrunner
  • SoldatPage Webmaster
    • SoldatPage
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 07:36:21 am »
Yes, the small x's mean the player is currently dead.

Your idea is quite good but, like most of the new small ideas, I don't know if all the result is worth coding for. (it might take a long time to implement, according to the structure of the Soldat client code ofcourse).
Also, the current pointsystem still enables you to use your ranking method, but from another perspective. And to be honest, I like the current one better than having seperate columns (I'd end up calculating every player's score anyway :)).

Grtz, DePhille
This signature was broken. Feel free to fix it.