Author Topic: Extreme case of being crap :( please help!  (Read 7176 times)

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
Re: Extreme case of being crap :( please help!
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2007, 02:13:12 am »
Play in servers... Thats it... Just play in servers until you get better.

Offline SirJamesaford

• Flagrunner
  • SirJamesaford is still in the early Beta stage.
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2007, 02:14:44 am »
3 on 1 some bots in single player... thats how i started out years ago.  It will improve your aim.
And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
Ill see you on the dark side of the moon

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2007, 02:16:17 am »
Bots are bad for getting practice, they suck horribly, they can't aim, and they get stuck.
And you need to learn how to dodge, not stand in one place so you wont be hit by bots.

Offline SirJamesaford

• Flagrunner
  • SirJamesaford is still in the early Beta stage.
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2007, 02:41:33 am »
I said it helps with AIM... it also helps with controls.
And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
Ill see you on the dark side of the moon

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2007, 04:12:32 am »
"The more you spray...the more you get! -The Axe effect" NONONO Don't listen to the damn commercial! xD Being an expert means knowing what to do in every situation, you just need to play as much as possible and soon Soldat will be like motor muscle memory :)
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline Chakra

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2007, 04:15:06 am »
Dunno what bots you've been playing... I find bots better than most human players. They've a great aim if you're not moving extremely fast (kinda forces you to make the most out of strafing). Only problem is they can't move as fast as a human.

The 0 ping against bots might have you picking up some bad habits though... you'll notice a big but subtle difference when playing on a 33 ping server compared to a 100 ping server, especially with the more accurate weapons. Personally I find if I play too much on american servers, I lose my aim on european ones...and vice versa.
MM; seriously Chakra, stop the fisting
Yes, I'm still alive.

Offline Drakensteyn

• Major(1)
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2007, 06:24:11 am »
Thanks again everyone for the input.

I followed jbigz's post and started using the spas-12 with socom backup on public servers. Whilst it is hard to get the hang of at first it becomes great fun. Knife throwing as secondary is also really cool. I noticed I prefer playing midfield on CTF games with these weapons. My goal is to mainly play with the spas and deagles, as those weapons are not only appealing in general but they are similar to what I prefer in other games.

Another quick Q though; do you guys use sniperline? I can't really decide as to whether I find it helpful or distracting for target aligntment.

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2007, 06:27:36 am »
Another quick Q though; do you guys use sniperline? I can't really decide as to whether I find it helpful or distracting for target aligntment.

It's disabled in most leagues and gathers, if not all of them. Don't even bother getting used to it, as I find it to be rather shit anyhow.

Offline Drakensteyn

• Major(1)
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2007, 06:45:28 am »
Kk.

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2007, 09:49:47 pm »

It's disabled in most leagues and gathers, if not all of them. Don't even bother getting used to it, as I find it to be rather **** anyhow.

That's true. It is a bad habit. But when you join a pub with it on... ohhh its so easy hahaha. x[)

EDIT: Also, thanks for taking some of my advice. I appreciate getting feedback after writing all dat stuff. :D

Offline Spec. Ops

• Major
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2007, 09:59:14 pm »
What i do is go in a pro server or someplace where theres great players. Even though your getting owned just look at how they play and what they do. Try it out yourself and you'll see improvement.

Offline Horang

• Major(1)
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2007, 06:25:34 am »
Going high on maps will usually be better than low because of player positions, for two reasons. 10 points for the first person to guess why.

[edit]

Doesn't make you better, just makes it easier to survive.

Offline Gortaak

• Camper
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2007, 07:43:37 am »
And if you want to get good with an M79... don't.

Question. Why? The m79 is a fantastic gun, if you are good with it. Truly good with it. Ive had that gun save my ass many times on Ash and Nuubia. If you are good with it, and can make good long distance shots, its a gun that never stop kicking. Not to mention boosting helps to cap alot on a ton of maps if done right. (Getting out with the flag on ash, kampf, boosting from flag to flag on viet with a 10 second round trip for a cap) The m79 is an execellent gun, that people hate cause they cant beat it, and get pissed off when noobs kill them with it.

Ill have to demo the next time I play ash or nuubia in a gather/ scrim and show you how powerfull that gun can be in the right hands. Im also not claiming to be the best with that gun, not by a long shot.
Image removed, please read the forum rules. <--- wee i dont care
 -Grishnak -Insurgent -Atrophy

.:*DETH*:.

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2007, 11:54:32 am »
When using an auto remember that the faster you move, the more damage your gun does. Also works with deagles.
really?  :-\
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2007, 12:12:33 pm »
When using an auto remember that the faster you move, the more damage your gun does. Also works with deagles.
Yes. Actually, this works for every gun, but it's more noticeable with the autos. Try shooting bots from a medium distance and kill them. Then, try shooting them while proning and jetting towards them. The speed of the bullets will be increased, and thus, will cause more pain.

Or, if a person is flying very quickly towards you, if you hit them, you will do more damage than if they are moving slower towards you because the bullets take less time to hit the target.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2007, 12:19:05 pm »
The speed of the bullets will be increased, and thus, will cause more pain.
[...]
the bullets take less time to hit the target.
thats alright...
I thought the bullets themselves would cause more damage ;)
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline TBDM

• Flagrunner
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2007, 12:29:03 pm »
play vs allot of bots that are pretty hard to kill on small maps.

then play on servers with less people in it and then more and more...just build it up, don't expect to be PRO or great after playing it for a while :) jus eb patient and train, stay focused..

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2007, 01:02:43 pm »
I would suggest u13 servers, there are ususally good people on and they are also usually helpful. They were the first pubs I tried :P

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2007, 01:21:52 pm »
Going high on maps will usually be better than low because of player positions, for two reasons. 10 points for the first person to guess why.

[edit]

Doesn't make you better, just makes it easier to survive.
I say stay low with explosives, thats what I do, I have nades, M79, and LAW, and lets see them get through a low tunnel with you standing there loaded.

Offline Gortaak

• Camper
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2007, 01:46:53 pm »

was more noticable with 1.3 deagles, you could get 2 shot head kills if you were moving fast enough.
Image removed, please read the forum rules. <--- wee i dont care
 -Grishnak -Insurgent -Atrophy

.:*DETH*:.