Author Topic: I might have just found a large bug.  (Read 616 times)

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
I might have just found a large bug.
« on: June 25, 2007, 08:51:21 am »
I just joined Elite Snipe 'n Slice for the first time in a while. When I joined, it displayed the full weapon list, instead of just the Barret, knife and chainsaw. This stunned me and I was sure it wouldn't let me pick anything other than those three weapons, but I picked the Steyr AUG just to see what would happen and it let me use it.

I haven't seen this happen anywhere else and think it was probably caused by lag / corrupt packet, but I am not sure.
There are other worlds than these

LtHerbert

Re: I think I just found a large bug.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 08:52:37 am »
or maybe just the admin having fun? there are other reasons that this could happen beside a large bug

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
Re: I might have just found a large bug.
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 09:01:47 am »
this IS a bug, and you can even exploit it. FLAB already knows about this (at least if he hasnt ignored a PM on IRC)
Ive seen people replicating this bug on my climb server, allowing them to take any weapon. it also happens to random people though, like myself.
I have made a script that kicks anyone with a weapon, that should do. it would however be VERY nice if this could be fixed. it seems that the weapon menu pops up with all the weapons before the weapons get removed from the list, and missing that 'removing' packet could cause this perhaps. Im not sure but i know it happens more often when people have a bad connection and are lagging.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 09:10:22 am »
this IS a bug, and you can even exploit it. FLAB already knows about this (at least if he hasnt ignored a PM on IRC)
Ive seen people replicating this bug on my climb server, allowing them to take any weapon. it also happens to random people though, like myself.
I have made a script that kicks anyone with a weapon, that should do. it would however be VERY nice if this could be fixed. it seems that the weapon menu pops up with all the weapons before the weapons get removed from the list, and missing that 'removing' packet could cause this perhaps. Im not sure but i know it happens more often when people have a bad connection and are lagging.

I never got your PM on IRC.  I'm not usually on IRC and people should never use that as a means of contacting me.  all important contact with me should be done via e-mail.

If you found a bug you think can be exploited, I am not the person to come to anyway.  you're supposed to e-mail or PM MM.

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 09:32:25 am »
It wasnt me that reported this, it was the one who found out about it, and he said you 'would talk to beta testers'
but in that case i guess ill let him contact MM.