Author Topic: If i may ask?  (Read 860 times)

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
If i may ask?
« on: June 26, 2007, 08:33:48 am »
hello, i don't know if this is the right place for it but i need to know something.
Im making a map (Big surprise) its almost done all but sceneries and the only thing i need is a wooden house scenery, ive already made the ploys for the house all i need is a background wall, the outer edge(Like VTT's logs on coldmorning) a roof and then some bits and bobs to put in the house, like a fire place ect basically whatever.
If anyone has some types of sceneries like these or can make them it would be a great help. If you are making them or want to make them send me a message and ill send you the map but i cant attach it to this topic, my computer is being gay.

Cheers again,
Pie
Lol, internets.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
Re: If i may ask?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 04:34:02 pm »
If you have VTT's maps with sceneries I would suggest browsing through your entire scenery list and picking out the ones you could use.  You should try making a background for your house out of smaller thigns, such as perhaps using the col.bmp's (the wooden ones) to make a log-door or something.  Use your imagination.  And you can always make your own!
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 04:58:27 pm »
If you have VTT's maps with sceneries I would suggest browsing through your entire scenery list and picking out the ones you could use.  You should try making a background for your house out of smaller thigns, such as perhaps using the col.bmp's (the wooden ones) to make a log-door or something.  Use your imagination.  And you can always make your own!

Yeah, i tried that and its a bit of a pain in the ass. Also i can't really make them... cause that requires skill. The thing is VTT keeps all of his building scenerys as one image, he makes it in photoshop, so the only way i could do it my self is to go through it and get stuff out of it, but it would be dodgey.

But thanks anyway :D
Lol, internets.

Offline Wraithlike

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • The Ichthyologist
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 01:47:15 am »
Actually, most of VTT's background sceneries are combinations of existing sceneries, including rir's (rir_) and the ones with the prefix "st_" along with some of sk's png crack/blood/etc sceneries which have the label "m_" threre are also some nice ones with the prefix "id_", and "o_". just look for those, and through your scenery folder.