Poll

Should this 'score balancing' be optional?

Yes!
2 (100%)
No!
0 (0%)
I don't care.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: score balancing in infiltration  (Read 1101 times)

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
score balancing in infiltration
« on: June 29, 2007, 10:05:19 am »
Literally it isn't a bug, but I think that it should be changed - we can call it a flaw: score balancing in infiltration. If there are 4 guys in alpha and 4 in beta, alpha will gain 30 points for capture. But when there will be 7 guys in alpha, they'll gain only 15 points. And when alpha team has 6+ guys more than beta, they'll gain 0 points for each capture. Something similar happens to beta team when they have too many soldiers. But the thing is that some maps in infiltration aren't balanced themselves, and for example 8 guys in alpha and 6 in beta would be perfect. Or when humans are playing against bots, its obvious that there should be more bots than humans. I think that there should simply be a possibility to turn this off.

Of course it hasn't anything to do with the "team balance" option, which should force new players to join the team with less players. I've checked this and "team balance" has no influence on this 'score balancing'.

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
Re: score balancing in infiltration
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 02:32:22 pm »
Hmmm....

Well (to me) the balancing is fine as-is. Yes some maps do seem more fair with an uneven number of players, but technically they aren't 'balanced'. One solution is to only use balanced maps instead of ones that aren't.

As for your idea, it can be useful sometimes when the map is specifically made to have an uneven amount of players - however i don't know if this will be a very useful and/or popular feature.

Btw, isnt this supposed to be in the suggestions section?
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 04:17:55 pm »
As for your idea, it can be useful sometimes when the map is specifically made to have an uneven amount of players

Yes, I made such map myself a long time ago, but then this 'balancing' appeared and map is no longer playable (at least with bots - and I thought especially about playing with bots when I created this topic).

I thought whether this should be in suggestions, but for myself its rather a 'thing that should be changed'...
Of course if admin thinks otherwise he can surely move it, and I'll apologize for making mess.

Offline Cheeser

• Major(1)
  • The Pleaser
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 06:06:25 pm »
Since when is the Blue team called "Beta"?

I sort of get what you're saying, but i don't fully support it, sorry :/
Chuck Norris joke here.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 06:58:26 pm »
http://www.soldat.pl/man/manual-en.html#GRY

Read the description of Infiltration... xD

It's a good idea, mate, and I can think of a few places this would come in handy, but I think it should be in Suggestions, not Help.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!