Author Topic: Correct Aspect Ratio?  (Read 4600 times)

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
Re: Correct Aspect Ratio?
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2007, 05:35:21 pm »
I like the bars, seeing that my monitor is a flat wide screen monitor...

Offline mat

• Major(1)
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2007, 06:50:02 pm »
OK, If you think it would ruin online play, I would like an option in the server for that which would force or not 4:3 aspect ratio for compatibility. yet, I don't see why, especially as a registered user, have to play stretched 640x480 all the time. Come on guys, I need help to get this tiny feature in, which requires barely no coding, just lifting up some restrictions. You'll love it, trust me!

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2007, 03:01:29 am »
Already possible. In your Configuration .ini, look for "Screen_Height" and "Screen_Width". Set these to your liking.

I tried to use it and figured out that it works only when numbers you set are in proportion 4:3. I have a 5:4 monitor (It's standard 19" with max resolution 1280x1024, what makes it 5:4 when all other monitors (21" and 15" for example) are 4:3. It's very stupid in my opinion that its max reslolution isnt simply 1280x960, which would be 4:3 and exacly twice the basic Soldat resolution). On my monitor, when I used windowed mode and typed Screen_Height=1280 and Screen_Width=960 it resulted in this:

(click to enlarge)

You can see some Windows in background :P

I agree with FLAB (The correct way for Soldat to work on widescreen displays is for it to add black bars on each side of the screen that make the usable area 4:3) and I think that also for 5:4 monitors there should be black bars on top and bottom to make it a nice 4:3 (so in case of standard 19" monitor it will result in 1280x960).

offtopic: I wanted a poll about this, but the forum wouldn't let me ("You are not allowed to access this section") if a moderator can help me with that, that would be nice ;)

I have seen this text also when I tried to make a poll. But you can add a poll to a topic after creating it - at the top of a post there is a button "Poll+" and it works :)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 04:29:24 am by Gotfryd »