Author Topic: M79 haters please read  (Read 41593 times)

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
Re: M79 haters please read
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2007, 09:07:29 pm »
So, you hate it because people like it?
That is unorthodox...

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2007, 10:48:30 pm »
You misunderstand me. I dislike it because it is overused.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2007, 02:29:05 am »
Fortunately there is the best mod ever to use as a stress ball to save your sanity in those nasty public servers....

that little bit of recognition brought a tear to my eye SDF
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline ChromedGun

• Camper
  • Angel of Death
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2007, 04:24:30 am »
Maybe try a bit of startup time?

F12. When we're talking about startup-time, we're talking about something in the style of more-than-what-the-barret-has-because-barret-can-be-binked.

@Kryp -- go buy some skills. use /command to bring up the commands.

Offline Gortaak

• Camper
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2007, 05:11:12 am »
Ok people, they already tried the start up time before 1.4. Its not going to happen, they said it completely ruins the gun.

As for the OP. Man, I love you. Nice post.

All you m79 haters: If they nerf this gun, what gun are you going to cry about next? You all hate how weak all the weapons are, but guess who did it. All of you whiners. Eventually, none of the guns will do any damage what so ever. And no one will die. Will you then be happy?
Image removed, please read the forum rules. <--- wee i dont care
 -Grishnak -Insurgent -Atrophy

.:*DETH*:.

Offline ChromedGun

• Camper
  • Angel of Death
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2007, 05:22:23 am »

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2007, 07:38:41 am »
Ok people, they already tried the start up time before 1.4. Its not going to happen, they said it completely ruins the gun.
Who are "they"?
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Gortaak

• Camper
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2007, 08:34:08 am »
Beta testers.
Image removed, please read the forum rules. <--- wee i dont care
 -Grishnak -Insurgent -Atrophy

.:*DETH*:.

Offline PQ

• Camper
  • Charge!
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2007, 01:17:41 pm »
'm79 hater' haters should stfu as well

his forum contains millions of threads with i hate m79 and i love m79 this is an endless discussing
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 01:21:43 pm by PQ »
#2Wai.soldat @ quakenet.org Soldat's heaven

Offline Brok3n Arr0w

• Major
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2007, 03:23:48 am »
i'll **** up some *****es with a spork.  put a spork in the game of soldat and i will rule that world.  i'll take icecream, cereal, and noodles all at the same time.  and dont get me started with the knorks and splayds....(check attachments)

"...i dont know wtf a spork is..." lol.

"mmmm toasty.  banned." lmao

and i do change my ways to adapt to the envirinment.  sometimes it takes 8 deaths, but i still do.  i have a good rotation of deagles, mp5, ruger, and occational m79.  secondary is knife/saw.  in the hexer mod u have to adapt to the skills and levels of your opponents.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2007, 05:41:43 am »

Download!!!
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2007, 07:49:57 am »
Lmao! *click*

Can I get the RAWR picture to go with it, so I know when someone is using a spork? rofl.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2007, 03:06:18 pm »
Sure, I can try to mod that in if ya want XD
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Mastadi

• Camper
  • What makes me a good demoman!?
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2007, 06:09:42 pm »
The reload is faster than the shortest respawn time. If he 1v1's you (guess there have to be others in-game for the respawn not to be instant)and if he got you out cold near your spawn, you're dead for sure.

It takes like 2-3 secs to respawn, 3 secs to reload the M79. Then when you've respawned you're this "ghost" that cannot be shot and that can't shoot. By the time you can shoot, the M79 is locked and loaded. You can't pick the M79 at this time either to take him out with it, because it takes 3 secs to reload after spawn. He just can't miss that shot, you're a sitting duck when you respawn. Unless your teammate comes for your rescue or if he respawns too, you're screwed.

It's called spawnkilling. You can do it with chainsaw, too. ZOMG CHAINSAW IS NOOB WEAPON HALP!

I think m79 should have a time in which it wouldn't explode just go through enemies and do them some damage (Maybe about 1/3 of their health). It wouldn't really be problem for ppl who use m-seventy-nine in proper way (Such as me :D) but it would for sure stop all that kamikaze running.

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2007, 07:08:06 pm »
Start up time does NOT ruin the m79. There have been mods that use it, and it definately isn't ruined.

It doesn't have to be more than the barrett, just enough to require you to think ahead.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2007, 08:18:33 pm »
Seriously, its a gun not a friggin society. If you don't like people bitching to you about how you're a massive M79 newbie, Then you can mute them or change servers or use a different gun. And don't make pointless threads that clog up the forums This type of thread has been made before. You should of done a search and posted something in that thread not start one for people to hate you.

Grow up people.
Lol, internets.

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2007, 11:37:04 pm »
soldat hasn't been around for 7 years
. The m79 can be a very effective weapon in the right hands.
The M79 is an effective weapon in anyones hands, even a guy who starts playing the game for 5 minutes for his first time.

To me, there is no M79 experts, because the gun requires little effort to use, and you can master it in a day or 2. The Barrett on the other hand, takes skill because of it's delay, reload time, and extreme accuracy and you have to practice lots more with it than the m79. New players generally stay away from the Barrett because all of that and usually go for an auto or the M79.

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2007, 11:49:48 pm »
soldat hasn't been around for 7 years
. The m79 can be a very effective weapon in the right hands.
The M79 is an effective weapon in anyones hands, even a guy who starts playing the game for 5 minutes for his first time.

To me, there is no M79 experts, because the gun requires little effort to use, and you can master it in a day or 2. The Barrett on the other hand, takes skill because of it's delay, reload time, and extreme accuracy and you have to practice lots more with it than the m79. New players generally stay away from the Barrett because all of that and usually go for an auto or the M79.
Finally, someone speaking the truth.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2007, 12:29:26 am »
Heh... the M79 makes a good secondary...

Offline ChromedGun

• Camper
  • Angel of Death
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2007, 06:23:37 am »
The reload is faster than the shortest respawn time. If he 1v1's you (guess there have to be others in-game for the respawn not to be instant)and if he got you out cold near your spawn, you're dead for sure.

It takes like 2-3 secs to respawn, 3 secs to reload the M79. Then when you've respawned you're this "ghost" that cannot be shot and that can't shoot. By the time you can shoot, the M79 is locked and loaded. You can't pick the M79 at this time either to take him out with it, because it takes 3 secs to reload after spawn. He just can't miss that shot, you're a sitting duck when you respawn. Unless your teammate comes for your rescue or if he respawns too, you're screwed.
It's called spawnkilling. You can do it with chainsaw, too. ZOMG CHAINSAW IS NOOB WEAPON HALP!
Do you think chainsaw is a noob weapon? I don't. It's easier to dodge the chainsaw and it's easier to kill the chainsawer. Theres nothing you can do vs a M79'er.