Author Topic: M79 haters please read  (Read 41589 times)

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
Re: M79 haters please read
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2007, 08:05:20 pm »
your stupid. i cant help it if alot of people is a M79 spammer.
You're stupid! A lot of people are m79 spammers!
Grammer FTW!
Lol, internets.

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2007, 11:19:35 am »
your stupid. i cant help it if alot of people is a M79 spammer.
You're stupid! A lot of people are m79 spammers!
Grammar FTW!

Spelling FTW!

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #82 on: July 08, 2007, 04:39:54 pm »
It is impossible to dodge m79s.

I said this a while back, but it bears repeating:
Who's more credible, the person who has dodged, and says it CAN be done, or the person who hasn't, and concludes it's impossible?

I and many others dodge M79 shots quite frequently.  And it's this capability that makes the M79 one of the easiest weapons to fight against.  They shoot, they miss, and you tear them apart with an auto.

Now let's say they DO hit you.  Suddenly, they're defenseless for three seconds.  This is why M79ers rarely (if ever) win deathmatches: Unless they're REALLY good at Soldat, the best they'll ever get is a 1:1 kill ratio.  And that's assuming every one of their shots hits.  Maybe it's not fun to die instantly, but you have to look at the big picture.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline fast_ede

• Major(1)
« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2007, 05:00:04 pm »
I've been playing for 4 years, yay I'm cool. M79 is a gun like any other, just avoid his shot then kill him. easy as that. Mp5 for the win!

EDIT: it's easy to dodge m79's. Just be flying when they shoot at you. cuts down thier chance of hitting you a lot. I had a m79er kill himself shooting up at me. I also had 3 m79s all miss because I was just flying above them. Then my little mp5 went in for the triple kill :)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 05:02:49 pm by fast_ede »

Ingame name - Lt. Blackburn

Offline BrTarolg

• Major(1)
« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2007, 05:32:12 pm »
i guess it just comes down to how good people are at aiming.

it definately IS possible to dodge it at mid ranges if they are aiming upwards and youre in the air because you can change your predicted trajectory, but most of the time the map/situation wont allow for that <people playing m79 should be camping the tunnels or something>

ive never really had problem with m79, because i spend the majority of the time in the air... for the air advantage :P

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #85 on: July 08, 2007, 05:34:37 pm »
Hmm. Tarolg, that sakes a little sense. After all, in the air, the nade has to hit you directly. But, what if he decides to go kamikaze? You can't do anything about it, you die, he doesn't.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline Sentinel

• Major(1)
  • Blast off!
« Reply #86 on: July 08, 2007, 05:46:11 pm »
There's this thing that a lot of R/S players like myself do, it's called "weaving".  Some of you might've heard of it, I'm sure, but I'll just briefly explain it for those of you who haven't.

Basically, to weave, you go prone, stand, go prone, and stand (basically just keep tapping your prone button) while in midair.  Using jets is also important to stay airborne.  The main purpose of weaving is to confuse the player who is firing at you with a OHK weapon (99% of the time it's a Ruger 77, because a headshot in realistic mode -can- kill in one hit).

I play normal mode sometimes, and weaving has saved my life many times against M79ers who are a short/medium distance away.  They will most likely miss, which gives me plenty of time to kill them with my desert eagles.  I love norm mode deagles. :D:D:D:D

Offline Wormdundee

• Soldier
  • Ruger what?
« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2007, 07:57:01 pm »
What you've described Sentinel is usually known as worming. Personally I hate people who do that, but it is a valid technique for throwing people's aim off. Although I can't see it being much use against an m79. If they get close enough to you they can just shoot you and most likely they aren't going to be missing.

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #88 on: July 09, 2007, 03:54:39 pm »
If they get close enough to you they can just shoot you and most likely they aren't going to be missing.

A simple solution to that is to not let them get close.  Soldat doesn't always have to be about rushing at your opponents; it's perfectly acceptable to keep your distance (preferably above the enemy) while firing at them.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #89 on: July 09, 2007, 04:40:07 pm »
What you've described Sentinel is usually known as worming. Personally I hate people who do that, but it is a valid technique for throwing people's aim off. Although I can't see it being much use against an m79. If they get close enough to you they can just shoot you and most likely they aren't going to be missing.

You would be surprised how many times I have dodged a bullet in the Ctf_Run tunnel.. Its all about the jets....
@ii

Offline Wormdundee

• Soldier
  • Ruger what?
« Reply #90 on: July 09, 2007, 06:50:25 pm »
Well if it works for you, go for it. Usually I just run at them as fast as possible and then jump at the last second when I guess that they're going to shoot. It usually works.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #91 on: July 09, 2007, 06:52:10 pm »
Well if it works for you, go for it. Usually I just run at them as fast as possible and then jump at the last second when I guess that they're going to shoot. It usually works.
Most people can't think on your kind of level... yes that is a complement.
@ii

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #92 on: July 09, 2007, 08:54:26 pm »
Most people can't think on your kind of level... yes that is a compliment.

Spelling FTW!

Or maybe it's
Grammer FTW!
, since technically, "complement" is a word.
Gamer_2k4

Offline Soldatik

• Major(1)
  • SOLDAT ROCK!!!!!
« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2007, 06:26:01 am »
M79 is a good weapon but i dont use it because its only good in 1 on 1 battle maby 1 vs 2 or if you lucky 1 vs more
Soldat can be cool...
Soldat can be suck...
but it i always play my Soldat :)

Offline Cappy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2007, 01:53:14 pm »
I don't know, but I don't like going 1 vs 1 when I have m79. If you miss, you're pretty much screwed unless you're very good with your secondary.

[DE] ~ ~ ~

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2007, 09:34:32 pm »
just stay far away from m79ers and you'll be ok
if they keep running away and shootin' then ignore them, find a new target..

easy as that
Always remember the succubus...

Offline Krypt1c1

• Major(1)
« Reply #96 on: July 11, 2007, 09:37:52 pm »
Well...If Ya can't beat em join em XD

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #97 on: July 11, 2007, 09:41:28 pm »
Hmm. Tarolg, that sakes a little sense. After all, in the air, the nade has to hit you directly. But, what if he decides to go kamikaze? You can't do anything about it, you die, he doesn't.
Lol, go play somethin else than publics.

Someone is coming at you, you just float in the air? Shiit him down ffs, or evade, or learn to aim with M79/Barrett. .__.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #98 on: July 11, 2007, 09:52:10 pm »

lol thats not a option fo meh because I suck at m79....
Always remember the succubus...

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2007, 10:01:11 pm »

lol thats not a option fo meh because I suck at m79....

Try it for 2 minutes, you'll soon be a master.

Burning scarfs since 1988