Author Topic: Poly Limit?  (Read 1316 times)

Offline Radical Terrorist

• Camper
  • The Turr'rst
Poly Limit?
« on: June 25, 2007, 06:30:43 pm »
Is there a Poly limit for maps? Cause I was making a map (the Nuclear Trampoline) Which I'm hoping to spark a new game mode with and everything was going good (thanks for advice Anna, I deleted all polys and remade the way you said). I was testing it out periodically to make sure that the Bouncy Poly I added worked. I was reaching about 105 odd polys. Then I noticed a problem with some polys not holding the flags back properly so I re-added those and recompiled. Then, back to square one. Nothing worked. No polys, they all ceased to exist and the only ones that held my weight (that I used for spawning) were invisible. I'll upload the most recently compiled version and show you...
Never take life seriously. No one ever gets out alive.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
Re: Poly Limit?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 08:50:25 am »
Omg... in my maps i put approximately 1500 polys (TW Map) And... did you put the 0% Opacity? Fix it  ;D It can be the problem... in your map are 99 polys. But i dunno if there are a poly limit...  ???

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 09:26:43 am »
well I take it from Niko that you only have 99 polygons - that definitely is no where near much.
I once had the problem where I saw the polygons but I wapred right through them all - I think it was an error because I saved instead of compiled the last time i edited it.  Also, since my ded. server folder is not in the soldat folder I had to copy and paste maps from the soldat\maps folder to the ded. server\maps folder.
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Anna

• Soldier
    • my dev blog
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 10:03:43 am »
PolyWorks has no poly limit. I think Soldat starts to have problems once you get past around 5500.

Offline Iq Unlimited

• Flagrunner
  • mr. foobar2000
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 01:37:14 pm »
are there any maps that have breached the 4000 poly amount yet?

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 01:49:53 pm »
I had made a maps with around 6600 polygons. I lagged me as hell without scenery. So I never ever got it into public. Imagine if I added scenery to it. The scenery limits would be reached.

But polyworks started to use up more RAM after some 5000 polys...

Offline fireblade212

• Camper
  • The gods chose right.
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 02:13:30 pm »
mapmaker plus is 10000 polys

i made a simple map for 4013 polys, to test this out,, took me about 10 minutes kind of to do this, watched tv as clicking xD

i tested it out, and i was above the polys  >.<

here it is
Mapmaker-mapmaker plus                         

Working map-  thinking
My game forum(register)