Author Topic: A Duck Hunt Map! (inf_bridgehunt)  (Read 1318 times)

Offline TradeMAAK

• Soldier
A Duck Hunt Map! (inf_bridgehunt)
« on: June 30, 2007, 12:28:29 pm »
Please, check out my new map which is ment for Duck Hunt game mode. It's finished, but I need people to review it before I post it on the main board. I am mainly concerned about balance issues, because in most duck hunt maps alpha side has great advantage. I tried to balance the sides, but I ain't sure it will work out as intended. Please, give your suggestions and feedback.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 02:40:35 pm by TradeMAAK »
destroy

Offline KOSTEK_PL

• Major
  • Boom! Headshot!
Re: A Duck Hunt Map! (inf_bridgehunt)
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 12:38:23 pm »
DUde! I couldn't make better :P
Great job... i like it!

Offline TradeMAAK

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 02:44:06 pm »
I updated my map. Now bravo can get from first three stories the the roof and have a secret passage to get under the bridge. Also, the bridge pillars are wider and it's more hard to spot bravo player under the bridge because of the added camouflage.

Date Posted: July 01, 2007, 05:07:25 PM
inf_bridgehunt v1.3
We played today 6 vs 6 on Mike's Duck Hunt Server, and bravo pretty much owned alpha, and it was the first version of the map without some advatanges that bravo has now, so I made it a little bit easier for alpha. First of all, I replaced the existing white car with a bigger one and now you can phrone under it, so it is safer from laws behind the car, and not so easy for bravo, because players can come either from above or under the car. Also, the last step of getting the flag - stairs. I removed them as they seemed too much pain in the ass. Usually the player just jammed in the stairs and got shot. Also I lowered the flag platform as bravo shooting from the first floor resulted in dropped flag.

Enjoy!
destroy

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 03:35:55 pm »
Great map.
Now all's I gotta do is find a server to play on...
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline TradeMAAK

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 03:37:28 pm »
Well, the first version of the map is hosted on mikes duck hunt server. I hope he replaces the versions soon.
destroy

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 05:47:19 pm »
I've played it, it is very bravo stacked. And, at least for the Mike's duckhunt version, the bravo could get knocked out of the bravo spawn point from an explosion. Other than that, solid, I saw no bugs, and the pillars were great for backflipping back and fourth from and confusing your noob servermates.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 07:38:20 pm »
they should add bots on the red team? with funky waypoints that make them go crazy!
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline TradeMAAK

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 05:29:55 am »
I'll try to add bot waypoints, too. But it wouldn't be as half as fun as with real players. Maybe you guys have some suggestions on improving the map (mainly balance).
destroy

Offline Iq Unlimited

• Flagrunner
  • mr. foobar2000
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 11:57:49 am »
Waypoints on a duckhunt map doesnt really work... + the fact of playing with bots sounds pretty stupid to me.

// Map

The gfx is really good. I dont really know about the gameplay quite yet, seems like it'll be what duckhunt should be, maybe the ducks will just spawnkill, idk yet, I'll put it on my server if it's still running and playtest it :P.

Great map.
Now all's I gotta do is find a server to play on...

soldat://u13.net:30107 :D

Iq Unlimited