Author Topic: Assassination [aka 'The Ship']  (Read 949 times)

Offline Drakensteyn

• Major(1)
Assassination [aka 'The Ship']
« on: July 01, 2007, 07:14:36 am »
Not sure if this has been posted before, but would it be technically possible for one to create a gametype that assigns targets to individuals on the server and allocates points to those killing their target / their hunter?

Offline TBDM

• Flagrunner
Re: Assassination [aka 'The Ship']
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 07:27:06 am »
i don't quite understand but i'm think what you mean is pointmatch...

2. Pointmatch
The same as Deathmatch but here you fight for points. There is a yellow flag on the map, when you carry it you double your points for kill. You can also get points for multikills. For killing 2 guys in a row you get double points, when you kill 3 you get 4 times more points. If you carry the flag and kill 6 guys in a row you can get 64 points!
Recommended Respawn Time: 3-6 seconds.

Offline Drakensteyn

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 07:45:19 am »
Not, not really. :S It'd be like this:

10 Players are playing on a server. Each player is assigned a target they must kill one way or another. For the sake of keeping it simple;

Player #1 has player #2 as his target.
Player #2 has player #3 as his target.
Player #3 has player #4 as his target.
And so on.
Player #10 has player #1 as his target.

- If player #1 kills player #2, he receives 1 point and player #2's target (player #3) now becomes his target.
- If player #1 is killed by player #2 (ie. the hunted kills the hunter) player #2 receives 2 points, and keeps his current target (player #3).
- If any player kills another player that is neither their target nor their hunter, he or she is either out of the game, loses points, whichever.

Those are the very basics I had in mind. This is a very well known game and there are variants to it. This would only be fun in Soldat with 6+ people (and it would be in survival mode).

Now back to the original question, would it be technically possible for one to create such a gametype in Soldat, or does the term modding in this case mainly refer to editing weapons/animations and the like?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 07:47:30 am by Drakensteyn »

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 04:29:32 pm »
Soldat modding is restricted to changing graphics, sounds, text files and weapon settings. Technically, you can modify the animations, but they may be unplayable online. It's more skinning than anything else, but it's easy and can give the game a whole new feel.

This is more a scripting question. Scripting allows people to create new "features" for Soldat, such as the announcement of killing sprees, the ability to allow players to spawn bots, creating projectiles, etc. Ask the people in this forum for assistance.
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline Drakensteyn

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 02:21:04 pm »
AH I see, thanks. :)

Offline haha

• Camper
  • soldier=soldat=game
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 04:56:13 am »
assign player 1 to kill player 2 and player 2 to kill player 1 or screwness would happen if one guy was afk and no 1 can kill him
Image removed, please read the forum rules.