Author Topic: Hexer spell & feature suggestion thread  (Read 36274 times)

Offline Maryleaf

• Camper
  • Xfire: Maryleaf
    • {AAC} Attack and Control
Re: Hexer spell & feature suggestion thread
« Reply #120 on: July 21, 2007, 07:40:42 am »
Look, its a D2 soldat. Lol, this looks like it would be great to play. But my IP is dynamic and I cant save my profile on the server. GAY.
{AAC} Attack and Conquer
Where People are Soldiers
http://Http://www.teamaac.co.nr

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
    • Official Hexer & MMod site
« Reply #121 on: July 21, 2007, 08:05:12 am »
Look, its a D2 soldat. Lol, this looks like it would be great to play. But my IP is dynamic and I cant save my profile on the server. GAY.

your IP doesn't matter for saving accounts. just join and create an account with "/create name password" and always log back in with "/login name password"
I like to have one Martini
Two at the very most
Three I'm under the table
Four I'm under the host

Offline King_Of_Pain

• Major
  • Buy tickets to a Police concert. Now.
« Reply #122 on: July 21, 2007, 01:33:21 pm »
black hole
spell (lvl up = duration and/or suction strength/area)
when activated, the user becomes a moving back hole.  anyone who gets sucked in (touches player) is instantly killed.  the player has a force pulling enemies towards him.  at first activation, a very powerful (say, 200% ) force occurs briefly.  also, being in the suction deals very little damage. 

I'm not too sure about this one. It'll probably be overused since it'll make you unstoppable if you combine it with sprint, and there are lots of one-hit kill options at extremely close ranges, anyway.

To Avarax: I've never messed around with the Soldat scripting system. Could you give a big ol' list of the variables you can set in the script? It'll make it a lot easier for people like myself to give ideas, and it eliminates the guessing whether or not your idea can be properly scripted.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 01:40:07 pm by King_Of_Pain »

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #123 on: July 21, 2007, 02:43:23 pm »
no, hes saying that when both are activated u will be really powerful with saw.  but i think that vacuum should have an initial effect, like when u first activate the spell a really powerful suction will occur and can kill opponents.  i just had an awesome idea. 

black hole
spell (lvl up = duration and/or suction strength/area)
when activated, the user becomes a moving back hole.  anyone who gets sucked in (touches player) is instantly killed.  the player has a force pulling enemies towards him.  at first activation, a very powerful (say, 200% ) force occurs briefly.  also, being in the suction deals very little damage. 

on the claymore, its a directional blast , meaning it explodes in one direction, in a conic fasion.  also, they arent "tripped," someone has to detonate them with a trigger.  so u could stand behind one, wait for some to stand in front, then detonate it, and u will live and the enemy will die. 

Black Hole: Sorry this is pretty much a Vacuum Field rip-off. Avarax also pointed out not to submit any insta-kill skills.

Claymore Note: Yes, Claymores do explode in a cone-shaped area BUT they aren't just manually detonated. 'Uncontrolled Mode' acts just like how most of us expect our mines; they explode when they detect some sort of movement/vibration/ etc. That's the mode Avarax will use for the Claymore in Hexer. (Thx, wikipedia)
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline Maryleaf

• Camper
  • Xfire: Maryleaf
    • {AAC} Attack and Control
« Reply #124 on: July 21, 2007, 09:31:18 pm »
I see, thats cool. Ill go make one right now.

Date Posted: July 21, 2007, 05:48:50 PM
Whats the ip? and port?
{AAC} Attack and Conquer
Where People are Soldiers
http://Http://www.teamaac.co.nr

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
    • Official Hexer & MMod site
« Reply #125 on: July 22, 2007, 07:19:19 am »
I like to have one Martini
Two at the very most
Three I'm under the table
Four I'm under the host

Offline Brok3n Arr0w

• Major
« Reply #126 on: July 23, 2007, 04:41:36 pm »
like i said, i got the black hole from vacuum.  i just renamed it to fit with the stat where u die if u touch the player. 
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #127 on: July 27, 2007, 03:09:46 pm »
Added a lot of ideas to my post on the first page.

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #128 on: July 27, 2007, 05:05:04 pm »
Xxypher's spell ideas.

Double fire:
Offensive, static.
When activated, the player will shoot twice as much for the amount of time you have, which matters on your level.

Nader summon:
Summon, spell.
When summoned, the "ghoul" is equipped with three nades, when the nades run out, he slowly gets them back, like every 3 seconds he gets another, but when he touches the flag, he just grabs it, not duplicates, we don't want nade spamming.

Army summon:
Summon, spell.
When summoned, three very weak ghouls come, they have 1/3 the health and 1/3 the power, and still do the exact same as regular ghouls.

Speeder summon:
Summon, spell.
This is a ghoul that uses a flamer to speed around the map, when it touches the flag, it turns into a ghoul and tries to cap with it, but has only 2/3 of the normal health.

Flag returner:
Offensive, spell.
If the flag is in a certain radios of you, even in the enemies hands, it returns the flag.

Teleporter:
Defensive/Offensive, static:
When used, you teleport to a random location.

Sinker:
defensive, static:
When used, your character goes in the ground, good for being a coward, when time is up, you return to the surface.

Freezeray:
Defensive, spell.
When used, the closest enemy near you freezes for about 3 seconds. The higher the level, the longer they are froze.

Flaghunting Ghoul:
summon, spell.
When summoned, the ghoul will stay wherever the flag is, and if an enemy has the flag, it will find and chase it.

Double Fire: Ive already suggested such a skill, and it isnt really replicated well - sorry.

Nader Summon: Not very useful, as bots will more than likely punch more often than nade - and when they do nade they'll kill themselves semi-often.

Army Summon: Unfortunately any summon spell that summons more than one bot at a time will result in slowing down the server.

Speeder Summon: Summons are made for killing - with capping the flag an afterthought.

Flag Returner: Basically this will make it nearly impossible to cap the flag, and there are more useful offensive spells.

Teleporter: Interesting idea, but very impractical to code - you'll have to code this for every single map or else it will bug.

Sinker: Cheese Tactics....

Flaghunting Ghoul: Bots can't be issued 'orders'; ie they cant go attack/defend specific targets.
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline Brok3n Arr0w

• Major
« Reply #129 on: July 28, 2007, 02:32:38 am »
i even wonder if avarax is still taking suggestions.  is he? 

Energy Drain (better name, anyone?)
def or ofs?
(i think it should be ofs, since stacked with pierce would be too awesomeness)
   -set up exactly like pierce, except the opponent does LESS damage for every succesive hit. 
   -lvlup makes a bigger % impact per hit. 
   -stacks until 0%, and works against pierce (so a higher lvled pierce would still gain damage, just slower, and a higher unpierce would overpower a pierce). 
   -would have to make sure if the opponent has pierce, both are calculated correctly, so when piercing you just dont go back to 100%. 
   -and also affects crit. so if ur damage goes down to 50%, then u crit-hit a guy at say 200% ur damage,  than you would do 100% for final damage. 
   -i would have it stack slower than pierce. 
   -have it last longer between hit, like 4-5 seconds. 
   -if coupled with pierce, it would be an excelent pair, but unfortunately very unfair.  but then again, others CAN use it too.  ur choice avarax. 

will there be any credit for those who contributed?  maybe some ep is in order?  but anyway, if there is, maybe just a "___ helped me."  but whatever u wanna do. 

and how is the universal account idea coming along?  i would ALMOST want that then new spells, but new spells will be awesomeness. 
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 02:35:43 am by Brok3n Arr0w »

Offline Bunney

• Flagrunner
  • Early Rave/Oldskool <3
« Reply #130 on: July 28, 2007, 10:26:31 am »
Why no offensive spells against the ghouls and kamikaze's? for liek someone that gets, to lvl 20 or 30.

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #131 on: July 28, 2007, 03:34:31 pm »
i even wonder if avarax is still taking suggestions.  is he? 

Energy Drain (better name, anyone?)
def or ofs?
(i think it should be ofs, since stacked with pierce would be too awesomeness)
   -set up exactly like pierce, except the opponent does LESS damage for every succesive hit. 
   -lvlup makes a bigger % impact per hit. 
   -stacks until 0%, and works against pierce (so a higher lvled pierce would still gain damage, just slower, and a higher unpierce would overpower a pierce). 
   -would have to make sure if the opponent has pierce, both are calculated correctly, so when piercing you just dont go back to 100%. 
   -and also affects crit. so if ur damage goes down to 50%, then u crit-hit a guy at say 200% ur damage,  than you would do 100% for final damage. 
   -i would have it stack slower than pierce. 
   -have it last longer between hit, like 4-5 seconds. 
   -if coupled with pierce, it would be an excelent pair, but unfortunately very unfair.  but then again, others CAN use it too.  ur choice avarax. 

Hmm, the opposite of pierce? interesting idea. This is more of a defensive spell - but it should be far weaker than pierce so it would be fair. Heres my stats for it:

'Debilitate' (or Deb)
Static: On every hit, weakens the foe's damage per hit.
Effect: .5% damage output reduced per hit; effect stacks; effect fades if not reduced any further for three seconds (just like pierce) +.2% per level.
Output cannot be reduced further than 10% +1 every other target's level. (So a lvl 40 character has a minimum output of 30%

Bunney - Pierce does wonders to bots even at level 1, although not as effective to fast moving kamis.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 03:36:29 pm by Biscuiteer »
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline SirJamesaford

• Flagrunner
  • SirJamesaford is still in the early Beta stage.
« Reply #132 on: July 28, 2007, 03:35:56 pm »
My pierce destroys kamis holmes... hardly ever die from em.
And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
Ill see you on the dark side of the moon

Offline Brok3n Arr0w

• Major
« Reply #133 on: July 28, 2007, 05:38:21 pm »
i think that the drain should be more powerful, or it will be really hard to take an impact.  start up high, lvl slow.  or start low and lvl fast.  but dont put the 3 sec. duration and a limit on damage reduction.  or at least increase them. 

Energy Drain
static - every hit lowers the opponent's damage output.
effect - 2% reduction per hit.  0.5% increase per level.  stacks infinitely.  fades if 3 sec passes. 

Offline SirJamesaford

• Flagrunner
  • SirJamesaford is still in the early Beta stage.
« Reply #134 on: July 28, 2007, 06:05:18 pm »
Why no offensive spells against the ghouls and kamikaze's? for liek someone that gets, to lvl 20 or 30.

Not sure what you mean bunney...elaborate if ya can please.
And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
Ill see you on the dark side of the moon

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #135 on: July 28, 2007, 10:10:11 pm »
I have another spell idea thing.

Explosion barrier:
Defense: Protects you from all explosives like LAWS, Nades, and M79's. But doesn't' protect from bullets, and only lasts a certain amount of time that matters on what your level is.
Effect: This works like manna, but only with explosives, and lasts a certain amount of time, and doesn't just wear off with one hit from something powerful. Bullets, though, can penetrate it and hit you, but explosions do no damage.
starts at 3 seconds at first level.
Every level you gain half a second.

Date Posted: July 28, 2007, 11:06:49 PM
Inf. Jets:
offensive: When used, you have inf jets until it wears off.
Effect: Keeps your jet amount full until it wears off.
First level you get 2 seconds, and each level you get half a second added on.

Offline cunchy

• Soldier
  • D:!
« Reply #136 on: July 28, 2007, 11:53:08 pm »
How about we wander away from the Heal, Def, Ofs and Summon skills. How about we make a new category... Like "buff" Skills.

Workout : Static [Can be Learnt at lvl 10]
Increases damage output by an extra 0.5% every time you level up.
(This skill stays at the SAME Level)[Can us higher lvled peeps get our Output even if we learn it after lvl 10 Pwease ;_;]

Shell : Static [Can be Learnt at lvl 10]
Decreases damage Input by an extra 0.5% every time you level up.
(This skill stays at the SAME Level)

Date Posted: July 29, 2007, 12:48:40 AM
More Buff spells Learnt at level 10

Resources : Static
Decreases all Spell cooldowns by 15%.
[Stays at Same level]

Healthy : Static
Increases Damage output by an extra 0.25% Every level Up
Decreases damage Input by an extra 0.25% Every level Up.
[Same level >_>]
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 12:26:33 am by cunchy »

Offline King_Of_Pain

• Major
  • Buy tickets to a Police concert. Now.
« Reply #137 on: July 29, 2007, 10:19:20 am »
How about we wander away from the Heal, Def, Ofs and Summon skills. How about we make a new category... Like "buff" Skills.

(This skill stays at the SAME Level)[Can us higher lvled peeps get our Output even if we learn it after lvl 10 Pwease ;_;]

[Stays at Same level]

[Same level >_>]

Well, it's interesting (to say the least), but I don't think it warrants a whole new 'buff skills' section. Also, your descriptions kind of conflict themselves. You say the spells get more powerful as you level up, yet below you say that they stay at the same level.

It's a good try, though.

Offline Chameleon

• Major
« Reply #138 on: July 29, 2007, 02:14:05 pm »
i think he means the amount your defence/offence increase/decrease stays the same

i think its a good idea

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #139 on: July 29, 2007, 04:49:02 pm »
Explosion barrier:
Defense: Protects you from all explosives like LAWS, Nades, and M79's. But doesn't' protect from bullets, and only lasts a certain amount of time that matters on what your level is.
Effect: This works like manna, but only with explosives, and lasts a certain amount of time, and doesn't just wear off with one hit from something powerful. Bullets, though, can penetrate it and hit you, but explosions do no damage.
starts at 3 seconds at first level.
Every level you gain half a second.

Date Posted: July 28, 2007, 11:06:49 PM
Inf. Jets:
offensive: When used, you have inf jets until it wears off.
Effect: Keeps your jet amount full until it wears off.
First level you get 2 seconds, and each level you get half a second added on.

Explosion Barrier: I dont think this is coded easily. The skill itself is not very useful, as not every player is going to rely on an explosive arsenal - remember to never think of a skill for a 'perfect situation'.

Inf Jets: Not useful by itself.

[Stays at Same level]

[Same level >_>]

I do like the 'buff' class of skill - but it needs a better name. How about 'Masteries'.

They work just like the other skill classes - only one can be learned, however they never increase in effectiveness (ie. they never get better.) Ill also post in some of my ideas and some changes to cunchy's ideas:

Arsenal Mastery: (Formerly known as 'Workout')
As a master of weapons, you are able to deal more damage to your foes.
Effect: Your output and output bonuses are multiplied by an additional 125% (ie. if your output was 100%, it is now 125%. Any normal additions to your output are increased as well - so if your output normally increases by 10%, it increases by 12.5% instead)

Commando Mastery: (Formerly known as 'Shell')
Being a tough-as-nails commando, you can take in alot more damage than your standard trooper.
Effect: Your input and input bonuses are multiplied by an additional 130% (Works the same way as Arsenal Mastery - but for input)

Subsisting Mastery:
Surviving in harsh environments has toughened you up - making you a whole lot more annoying to kill.
Effect: 5% chance to avoid bullets, 10% chance to avoid enemy spells, a level 3 warmth without the threshold, and regenerates jets twice as fast when on the ground. All effects stack onto any other skills.

SWAT Mastery:
Trained as a SWAT member for over a decade, you use teamwork and fancy tools in order to eliminate the enemy in any way you can.
Effect: ALL cooldowns are reduced by 25%, and all non-static spells gain a boost in effectiveness, and you and your buddies gain bonuses similar to War Standard if you team up.
Un ~ Biscuiteer