Author Topic: Hexer spell & feature suggestion thread  (Read 36195 times)

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
    • Official Hexer & MMod site
Re: Hexer spell & feature suggestion thread
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2007, 05:39:41 am »
Mine layer, summoning spell: For 5 seconds, server spawns a grenade at your position. This means if you move fast, you'll be swarming the area with destruction. Also good for boosting from colliders.

Missile!, offensive spell: You launch a rocket towards your crosshair. Bam.

Repel, defensive spell: you launch spas pellets ( which deal no damage ) towards every direction, pushing the enemies away from you.

Push!, defensive spell: you shoot a LOT of spas pellets in the direction of your crosshair, which deal no damage. Gain speed or push the enemy in a pit of death? Your choice!

Summon Guardian, summon spell: Summons a Rambo bot for 20 seconds. Good for clearing the base!

Too bad it's not possible to get the position of a players crosshairs with scripting in any way... otherwise cool ideas, Mine Layer is fantastic, yet simple to code. I might add something like that in another version. The Freeze spell will work like your push and repel, but it will spawn Spas bullets around an opponent player all aiming at him, so he gets a push from all sides, preventing him from doing controlled or fast movement. The Guardian might be an idea for the 7th summoning spell.
I like to have one Martini
Two at the very most
Three I'm under the table
Four I'm under the host

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2007, 06:28:07 am »
Here are some more:

Blade barrier, offensive spell: You launch knives. Everywhere. It hurts. A lot.

Nuclear blast, offensive static: Each explosion you do booms twice, meaning double the magnitude!

Gravity, defensive spell: In your horizontal line, screen-wide spas pellets are spawned and launch towards the ground, in two-three waves, nailing everyone to the ground! Maybe have this only to the front, and in a \ shape ( with you being on the lower end ), so it whips people down.

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2007, 11:25:13 am »
Missile!, offensive spell: You launch a rocket towards your crosshair. Bam.

Push!, defensive spell: you shoot a LOT of spas pellets in the direction of your crosshair, which deal no damage. Gain speed or push the enemy in a pit of death? Your choice!
Cannot detect crosshair position with scripting.
Repel, defensive spell: you launch spas pellets ( which deal no damage ) towards every direction, pushing the enemies away from you.
Wouldn't this take A LOT of bullets to get somebody a good distance away? I would think it would lag the server.

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2007, 01:21:43 pm »
Here are some more:

Blade barrier, offensive spell: You launch knives. Everywhere. It hurts. A lot.

Nuclear blast, offensive static: Each explosion you do booms twice, meaning double the magnitude!

Gravity, defensive spell: In your horizontal line, screen-wide spas pellets are spawned and launch towards the ground, in two-three waves, nailing everyone to the ground! Maybe have this only to the front, and in a \ shape ( with you being on the lower end ), so it whips people down.

Blade Barrier - This is interesting, but may slow the server down.

Nuclear Blast - Im not very sure if a script can detect your explosions. The idea itself is kinda limited. (Only affects nades, m79, and law)

Gravity - One of the more interesting Gravity Ideas, but sounds like it can also clog the server up.

Added Suppresive Fire to my ideas list, check it out!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 01:24:32 pm by Biscuiteer »
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline Kavukamari

• Camper
  • 3.14159265358979, mmm... pi
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2007, 02:10:41 pm »
how about you actually add bladerage avarax, I want infinite knifes, and make it so that you can have 8 skills, maybe get second wave at lvl 20?
"Be mindful of fame, show a mighty courage, watch against foes. Nor shalt thou lack what thou desirest, if with thy life thou hast comest out from that heroic task."

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2007, 02:57:17 pm »
errr... no ^_^
Two at the very most
Four I'm under the host

Offline Brok3n Arr0w

• Major
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2007, 03:19:16 pm »
bladerage is already coded in.  its been in for a while. 

@bis - the supressive fire sounds like a variation to critical strike.  maybe if the spell doubled your rate of fire (no chance) during the casting of the spell and also increased clip/shortened reload time.  or have it where u have a % chance of getting a double sized clip. 
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2007, 03:35:38 pm »
I have to agree there. It is too much like crit but im not sure you can have an increased clip (I believe conjure clip was gonna have an increased clip size at one point but was scrapped) and the shortened reload time might be possible but it could be too much work to disable it on the weapons that would be really unfair with it.

Ill have to understand the limits of scripting a little more before i can tweak suppresive fire.
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline Brok3n Arr0w

• Major
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2007, 07:08:24 pm »
thats a big problem.  u dont know what is possible or not so it cramps the suggestions. 

im sure theres also things in scripting that can create spells that are awesome but nobody has thought of it. 

sure shot
for a short amount of time, all your shots are garanteed to hit their target.  as u lvl up, the time increases.

this could just target the closet enemy, or something like that. 

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2007, 04:41:05 am »
that would require coding a perfect aimbot and i mean battlesphere is already like that.
Two at the very most
Four I'm under the host

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2007, 05:47:04 am »
Hmm, so would the Missile thing work if it'd target the nearest enemy instead of going towards your crosshair?

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2007, 10:28:05 am »
yeah, i actually coded such aimbot already for battlesphere and chainlightning. such missile spell would be a bit too easy though as it is an instant kill. spells should have a supportive character, there should always be a chance for a spell victim to survive.
Two at the very most
Four I'm under the host

Offline Brok3n Arr0w

• Major
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2007, 03:18:07 pm »
i've been thinking hard on a summon, but i got nothin.  i think its hardest to come up with good summons.  im leaning towards a bot that either specifically attacks or defends an area, or targets a certain enemy (flagcarrier).  here are some ideas to go from,  play with them a little. 

Flag Attacker
A bot is summoned (varying weapons) to go after the enemy flag carrier.  if flag is at home, the bot defends flag untill death/flag taken.  bot would be hard to kill, have a timer, and heal on kill. 

Defender
bot is summoned to defend base (not flag).  bot camps nearby and kills intruders. 

Running Man
bot is spawned to solely grab enemy flag.  only kills if he needs to, otherwise it grabs flag and attempts to score

front line
bot is created to go kill people in enemy base

Distraction
a group of bots are spawned to go after the enemy base.  they all carrier low calliber weapons (socom, aug, saw, mini, etc).  the bots are rather easy to kill, but do a little more damage.  all the bots stick together and camp enemy base.  summoner gets ep for their kills, and bots give up ep when killed.  if one grabs flag,  it gets an armor boost.  on score, all bots are killed then respawn, one less in number, at home base.  they all have a 60 second time.  a kill gives them some health.  with lvl up, their damage in/out put improves.  starts with 2 bots, then gets an extra bot for every 3 skill levels.

the point of that summon is to just confuse defense so attackers can slip in and get out with flag, undetected because of the distraction.  but the bots arent hard to kill like ghouls, but can still hold people off for some time.  i like this summon the most. 

Offline freestyler

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2007, 05:08:48 pm »
Brok3n Arr0w: you can't force bots to attack specified person or to camp in one specified place.

Sacrifice - healing spell
Sacrifice heals your whole team in the cost of your life.
When you cast Sacrifice, your remaining health is given to whole team. For example, if you cast it when you have 50% health (75 HP), you're getting killed, and then every single player alive in your team gains [75 HP * transfer_multiplier].
When you respawn after using Sacrifice spell, you're immune to next 5 hits.

Level 1: 0.80 transfer_multiplier, immune to next 5 hits
Level 2: 0.85 tm, 5 hits
Level 3: 0.90 tm, 6 hits
Level 4: 0.95 tm, 6 hits
Level 5: 1.00 tm, 7 hits
Level 6: 1.05 tm, 7 hits
Level 7: 1.10 tm, 8 hits
Level 8: 1.15 tm, 8 hits
Level 9: 1.20 tm, 9 hits
Level 10: 1.25 tm, 9 hits
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 05:12:06 pm by freestyler »

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2007, 06:17:02 pm »
Flag Attacker
A bot is summoned (varying weapons) to go after the enemy flag carrier.  if flag is at home, the bot defends flag untill death/flag taken.  bot would be hard to kill, have a timer, and heal on kill. 

Defender
bot is summoned to defend base (not flag).  bot camps nearby and kills intruders. 

Running Man
bot is spawned to solely grab enemy flag.  only kills if he needs to, otherwise it grabs flag and attempts to score

front line
bot is created to go kill people in enemy base

Distraction
a group of bots are spawned to go after the enemy base.  they all carrier low calliber weapons (socom, aug, saw, mini, etc).  the bots are rather easy to kill, but do a little more damage.  all the bots stick together and camp enemy base.  summoner gets ep for their kills, and bots give up ep when killed.  if one grabs flag,  it gets an armor boost.  on score, all bots are killed then respawn, one less in number, at home base.  they all have a 60 second time.  a kill gives them some health.  with lvl up, their damage in/out put improves.  starts with 2 bots, then gets an extra bot for every 3 skill levels.

the point of that summon is to just confuse defense so attackers can slip in and get out with flag, undetected because of the distraction.  but the bots arent hard to kill like ghouls, but can still hold people off for some time.  i like this summon the most. 

Flag Attacker - As freestyler pointed out, bots cannot specifically attack a unit.

Defender - As freestyler also pointed out, bots cannot forever camp the base.

Running Man - Suggested many times but impossible to create.

Front Line - Isnt that what all bots try to do?

Distraction - this is interesting, but already overpowered over the other summons because you summon more than one bot at a time - can really clog the server up esp. when the other players are doing it too.

Sacrifice - healing spell
Sacrifice heals your whole team in the cost of your life.
When you cast Sacrifice, your remaining health is given to whole team. For example, if you cast it when you have 50% health (75 HP), you're getting killed, and then every single player alive in your team gains [75 HP * transfer_multiplier].
When you respawn after using Sacrifice spell, you're immune to next 5 hits.

An interesting way of healing your buddies, but people will probably only use it for the immunity bonus. Battles tend to be won more easily by amount of players than amount of health anyway.
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline Brok3n Arr0w

• Major
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2007, 09:10:50 pm »
again, i didnt know bots cant target certain things or made to camp because i know little about what you can do with scripting.  but about the "distraction" summon, its not like they are built like tanks, not like ghouls in the respect that they can take loads of fire and survive.  lets say that they have 75 hp or so.  that way 1 ruger shot or deagle shot to kill them, but still they have to do something about it because of the damage they can do.  meanwhile, friendlies are taking the flag.  its just there to annoy.  but the server clog problem, theres only, at any one time, 6 (is that correct? maybe less...) bots allowed at one time.  so if a guy summons his 5 distractors, other summons would start to kick the distractors.  or it can work the other way. 

question to someone who knows for sure:  can you allow only 4 ghouls in, but then at another time allow 6 distractors?  so, could there be 4 ghouls, and any more ghoul summoning kick just other ghouls, but also allow 4 ghouls plus 2 distractors?  get what im asking? 

Phantom sniper
invisible bot is spawned with a ruger or sniper rifle, has very good aim.  low health.  has a very low evasion skill.  after the pred wears off, its health triples/doubles. 

Cant think of a name
a bot with weapon is spawned. it has a very high evade skill, but low health (50hp or so).  so you could kill it very quickly, or it could take a long time. 

Offline mikembm

• Soldier
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2007, 10:07:11 pm »
Phantom sniper
invisible bot is spawned with a ruger or sniper rifle, has very good aim.  low health.  has a very low evasion skill.  after the pred wears off, its health triples/doubles. 

I like that idea.

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2007, 10:15:32 pm »
Phantom sniper

Cant think of a name
a bot with weapon is spawned. it has a very high evade skill, but low health (50hp or so).  so you could kill it very quickly, or it could take a long time. 

Phantom Sniper - Whoa, this one is actually pretty good. An invisible sniper? Your enemies better be paying close attention now. However it shouldn't power up after it loses invisibility because it'll lose its vanish most likely before he reaches anybody. My ideas on it are:

It is spawned invisible (casts vanish just after spawn)
It has a vanish skill equivalent to its level.
You may command him to vanish if he is still alive and has cooled down vanish with /summon.
His damage will initially be low at first (Output ~30%) but will rise quickly (Output +12% per level)
He will be *REALLY* be weak at first (Input ~200%) but will lower quickly (Input - 12% per level)
Health will be always pretty low but increases mildly (Hp = 75 + 3 per level)

...And thats it. He should also be called an 'Assassin' for a shorter and cooler appearance.

Usefulness: *****
Originality: *****
Fairness: ***
Approximate Scripting Difficulty (ASD on later posts): ****
Overall: ****

Unnamed Bot: This is essentially a ghoul at later levels, but with a weapon. More annoying than a ghoul but more susceptible to m79s or other explosion-based damage.

Usefulness: ***
Originality: ****
Fairness: ****
ASD: **
Overall: ***

BTW, i am now revising my skill reviews by giving a rating for each of them. I might omit some individual ratings if the skill is not really up to par. Hopefully this will improve this topic a bit, and i recommend you do the same for other skills.
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline SirJamesaford

• Flagrunner
  • SirJamesaford is still in the early Beta stage.
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2007, 10:22:41 pm »
I think there should be a spell for level 40ers that you can use once per map that lowers everyones cooldowns on your team... That would help coordinate summons for flag standoffs... Dumb idea probly but i think it would be cool.
And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
Ill see you on the dark side of the moon

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2007, 10:29:45 pm »
Hmm, thats an interesting idea. That skill probably isnt useful but i have an idea for skills on level 40.

*Skill Mastery*
When you reach level 40 you get the ability to 'Master' one of your skills, and ONLY one. That mastered skill gets a nifty boost along with the possibility of additional and exclusive effect. For example a mastered Warmth would heal you even more, have a threshold of 50%, and slowly grant you armor! Or a mastered ghoul will enable you to summon two at once, maybe a mastered evasion grants you health when you evade ----> the possibilites are endless!

Sound good?
Un ~ Biscuiteer