Author Topic: Hexer spell & feature suggestion thread  (Read 36002 times)

Offline SirJamesaford

• Flagrunner
  • SirJamesaford is still in the early Beta stage.
Re: Hexer spell & feature suggestion thread
« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2007, 10:41:02 pm »
Isnt useful my ass... It would help if your team has their flag and there team has yours.  You lower your teams cooldowns and then all at once your team could summon and vanish.  Thats 5 kamis/ghouls and a couple of preds on your team to get the flag back... I'd call that useful.
And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
Ill see you on the dark side of the moon

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
    • Official Hexer & MMod site
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2007, 06:55:20 am »
Hmm, thats an interesting idea. That skill probably isnt useful but i have an idea for skills on level 40.

*Skill Mastery*
When you reach level 40 you get the ability to 'Master' one of your skills, and ONLY one. That mastered skill gets a nifty boost along with the possibility of additional and exclusive effect. For example a mastered Warmth would heal you even more, have a threshold of 50%, and slowly grant you armor! Or a mastered ghoul will enable you to summon two at once, maybe a mastered evasion grants you health when you evade ----> the possibilites are endless!

Sound good?

great idea. I'll think about it.

An Assasin bot is nifty aswell... I'd make it have invisibility all the time and have warmth, but very high dmg input... Let's see if we can get some more cool ideas, if not, I'll make a Summon Assasin. Distractors, like Biscuiteer said, would clog up the server.
I like to have one Martini
Two at the very most
Three I'm under the table
Four I'm under the host

Offline King_Of_Pain

• Major
  • Buy tickets to a Police concert. Now.
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2007, 02:46:59 pm »
I've got a feature suggestion: could you shorten the commands to cast spells? It's getting increasingly hard to type in /summon when you're in a firefight with 8 people. It's a lot easier to simply type in /s instead of /summon, /d instead of /def, /o instead of /ofs, and /h instead of /heal.

Offline SirJamesaford

• Flagrunner
« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2007, 03:49:35 pm »
I've got a feature suggestion: could you shorten the commands to cast spells? It's getting increasingly hard to type in /summon when you're in a firefight with 8 people. It's a lot easier to simply type in /s instead of /summon, /d instead of /def, /o instead of /ofs, and /h instead of /heal.

You could always set them as your taunts but since i dont know how to do that i agree with you lol  I never summon in time and when i do type it in time its usually: "/summpnon" or something retarded like that lol

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
    • Official Hexer & MMod site
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2007, 04:33:01 pm »
a command must be at least 3 characters long, otherwise the server won't recognize it as a command. taunts are the simple solution, and not only a solution but a great achievement for your hexer gameplay.
I like to have one Martini
Two at the very most
Three I'm under the table
Four I'm under the host

Offline Kavukamari

• Camper
  • 3.14159265358979, mmm... pi
« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2007, 07:46:53 pm »
you could shorten summon to /smn, but this will cause mistakes from being used to typing /summon and everyone would have to change their taunts :P
"Be mindful of fame, show a mighty courage, watch against foes. Nor shalt thou lack what thou desirest, if with thy life thou hast comest out from that heroic task."

Offline mikembm

• Soldier
« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2007, 08:56:38 pm »
you could shorten summon to /smn, but this will cause mistakes from being used to typing /summon and everyone would have to change their taunts :P
That's why the great programming world has the "OR" statement

Offline ghg

• Camper
  • Village Idiot
« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2007, 02:56:45 am »
CreateBullet? Whats bugged with it?
-=Gradius wuz you=-

Offline freestyler

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #88 on: July 16, 2007, 04:08:40 am »
CreateBullet creates only 4 bullets per server start.

Weapon! - summon or offensive spell
Spawns one random primary weapon on your left and one random secondary weapon on your right. May be useful to arm your team or to change wrong checked weapon. It could be an addon to one of static spells.

@ down: It shouldn't work for about 10 s after being body doubled and if you're disarmed.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 05:06:12 am by freestyler »

Offline SirJamesaford

• Flagrunner
« Reply #89 on: July 16, 2007, 04:13:27 am »

Spawns one random primary weapon on your left and one random secondary weapon on your right. May be useful to arm your team or to change wrong checked weapon. It could be an addon to one of static spells.

That would help when i get exchanged for a damn m79... but i dont really like it.

Offline ghg

• Camper
  • Village Idiot
« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2007, 09:50:15 am »
I wonder how Field Commander does it then?
-=Gradius wuz you=-

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #91 on: July 16, 2007, 09:54:38 am »
I wonder how Field Commander does it then?
CreateBullet only works properly on certain operating systems. On most OS:es you'll only be able to, as freestyler said, create 4 bullets per server start.

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #92 on: July 16, 2007, 11:39:47 am »

@ down: It shouldn't work for about 10 s after being body doubled and if you're disarmed.

This is kinda an iffy skill - It isnt especially bad or good.  Although it can be useful, other summon or offensive skills are generally better.

Heres a good way of deciding if a skill should be posted or not:

NEVER assume the usefulness of a skill on a 'perfect situation'. ALWAYS assume the usefulness of a skill on an average match where anything can happen.

Look at the previous skills before you post yours - somebody may have posted your idea first.

Have some common sense. Please dont post any skills that are utterly ridiculous and/or are over-powered and/or overly complicated.

Hopefully that will improve the quality of the skills posted here.
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline mikembm

• Soldier
« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2007, 12:33:40 pm »
Double Primary
Offensive

Use "/ofs gun#" to spawn that gun so you can replace your secondary with it.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 12:35:54 pm by mikembm »

Offline Brok3n Arr0w

• Major
« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2007, 01:20:27 pm »
i kinda like the skill mastery idea.  but Avarax is already working on an entirely diiferent thing for 40's.  from what i hear, its a locked server that you gain access to and its set up like a quest against monsters and bosses.  u and other players are on a small team that works together.  he will make giant maps for it and it will have huge amounts of scripting involved.  but i heard that a while ago, so im not sure. 

also, the feild commander is an actual bot, that could affect it. 

......i really liked distractors.......but assassins where my next pick........
can u make it so they are always invisible?  cause that would make it the best.  also, make sure it has good aim so isnt just a lamer with a gun.  also,  maybe include just a little evade, so its like a ghost assassin. 
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 01:29:03 pm by Brok3n Arr0w »
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Offline freestyler

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #95 on: July 16, 2007, 02:47:06 pm »
"can u make it so they are always invisible?"
It's easy to make them stay invisible just by spawning predatorkit on them every 25 seconds.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #96 on: July 16, 2007, 02:56:32 pm »
hey avarax,
tell me, for your repelling spell thingy or automated aiming function, are you going to calculate players' positions based on where he's going to be when the projectilve hits him?  or simply at where he currently is?  If you want i could help you write that...sub-physics engine XP

Also, how are you gonna make that the rambo guardian will only stay in base and not move out?  or is he going to be deleted within a few seconds???
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline mikembm

• Soldier
« Reply #97 on: July 16, 2007, 03:15:21 pm »
Also, how are you gonna make that the rambo guardian will only stay in base and not move out?  or is he going to be deleted within a few seconds???
You can set bots to camp.

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2007, 03:31:31 pm »
i thought that was only on waypoints

(nice, 123 posts)

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #99 on: July 17, 2007, 02:32:40 pm »

I think I've heard on the contrary. You don't really see any currently existing bots purely camp their base. If they can be set to camp then how would you do it?
Un ~ Biscuiteer