Author Topic: Hexer spell & feature suggestion thread  (Read 35998 times)

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
    • Official Hexer & MMod site
Hexer spell & feature suggestion thread
« on: July 01, 2007, 03:40:25 pm »
all further discussion goes into www.hexerpage.de
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 06:29:09 am by Avarax »
I like to have one Martini
Two at the very most
Three I'm under the table
Four I'm under the host

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
Re: Hexer spell & feature suggestion thread
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 04:12:05 pm »
Biscuiteer's Ideas Post

I will occasionally add in ideas here to see if you guys would like them.

Warmth (Upgraded)
Healing, Hybrid
The same ol' Warmth except you can activate it to DOUBLE your warmth for a few seconds then after that it heals you for HALF of base warmth for a few more seconds - Boom and Bust. Eventually it returns to normal.
Static:Heals 2.4% of max health; +.2% each level; 350% Boost if health is under 40% <-- ONLY applies to the static effect
Spell: Grants double warmth buff for 5 seconds; +1 second each 2 levels. Half base warmth debuff for 30 seconds thereafter; -1 second each level.
Cooldown:Four Minutes (240 seconds); -5 seconds each level.

Proximity Charge
Summoning, Spell
Creates a trap at your current position that will blow up if an enemy gets near it.
Spell:Sets a trap at current position. On enemy contact, creates several nades to explode your enemy. Cant be used near flags.
# of Grenades: 2 +1 on levels 4, 7, & 10.
# of Cluster Grenades: 0 +1 every fifth level.
Area of Effect (AoE): Direct contact. AoE increases to half a soldaten on level 5.
Maximum # of Traps: 1
Cooldown: Three Minutes (180 seconds)

EMP Charge
Summoning, Spell
Yet another trap that disables any opponent that is near the trap.
Spell: Sets a trap at current position. On enemy contact, disables any of his buffs and increases the cooldown of his skills (if applicable). Can't be used near flags.
Disables: Vanish, Sprint at lvl 3, Mana Shield at lvl 5.
Cooldown Debuff: Increases the affected player's cooldowns by 15% of max cooldown +2% every level.
Max # of Traps: 1
Cooldown: Three Minutes (180 seconds)

Union Force
Defensive, Spell
Links the health of all your teammates around you. Any damage taken by one is spread around evenly.
Spell: Links health of friendlies around you, and boosts defense.
25% damage spread +5% each level.
Decreases Damage Input 5% +2% each level.
Duration: 10 seconds +1 per level
Cooldown: Four Minutes (240 seconds) -10 per level

Suppresive Fire
Offensive, Spell
Radically increases your rate of fire for your NON-EXPLOSIVE AND AUTOMATIC weapons temporarily by occasionally 'doubling' your bullet.
Spell: Increases fire rate by adding in another bullet opon hit.
Damage: Lvls 1-3 -> Minigun Bullet| Lvls 4-6 -> Socom Bullet| Lvls 7-9 -> Steyr Bullet| Lvl 10 -> AK-74 Bullet
Rate of Fire: 40% Chance to 'double' bullet, +4% per level
Duration: 3 seconds + 1 every other level.
Cooldown: Three Minutes (180 seconds) - 4 seconds per level.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 01:43:05 pm by Biscuiteer »
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 04:44:55 pm »
how about something called dim vision/uber bink bullets...

offensive spell
when you activate the spell every time you hit an opponent his crosshair increases but doesnt come back to the original size. The spell lasts for 15-25 seconds and then returns your bullets to normal ones

Offline Mastadi

• Camper
  • What makes me a good demoman!?
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 04:50:53 pm »
Infection
Offensive, Spell
For short amount of time, your bullets are cursed with a lethal virus. The first enemy you hit, will get infected, and slowly lose hp untill he dies/get's a medkit. Whenever he is close enough to another player (Friend of enemy, doesn't matter) he infects him too, but for each another person infected the total damage is cut in half. So:
First person infected - 200% HP loss (To ensure he will die, even with wartmh, warstandard and so) Second person - 50% Third person - 25% etc.

Holy Sphere
Healing, static
You and every allied player in small area around you gain a little boost in bullet power, smaller damage taken from enemy bullets and healing. You get the smallest boost, but luckily, you get a little part of experience gained.

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 04:55:25 pm »
you can't increase bink with scripting measures. good idea if it was possible :)
Two at the very most
Four I'm under the host

Offline Brok3n Arr0w

• Major
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 11:49:20 pm »
just put in blade rage so people quit asking.  i know it though XD.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 11:25:11 am »
MovePlayer doesnt work on bots.

A work around...
Connect a player from an outside program (so it is a bot, not human controlled). Although it can't run AI (unless you make it yourself), so they won't be able to use their USSOCOM afterwards, but still a possible to do the meatshield part, I think. I have no idea how to do this, but if you do, I say go for it.
EDIT:
actually, you could do CreateBullet and using sin and cos and stuff to simulate them firing and make the bullet owned by them, that would be another way to make them fire, although they wouldn't walk... I remember you creating a fake rambo bullet firing at me b4 when you were testing. :) was fairly accurate too!

I have a question while I'm at it... do you have the person's accuracy risen when he is on the ground? If not, a suggestion. :)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 11:36:39 am by DorkeyDear »

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 08:23:48 pm »
I added Proximity Charge and EMP Charge to my first post.

I have a question while I'm at it... do you have the person's accuracy risen when he is on the ground? If not, a suggestion. :)

Im a little confused at what your sayin. Do you mean something like a player's accuracy worsens when on the ground?
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 09:43:14 am »
Im a little confused at what your sayin. Do you mean something like a player's accuracy worsens when on the ground?

Gets better... not gets worse :P
But there is GetPlayerStat(ID,'Ground') to check if the player is on the ground or not (i never tested it but its in the list) and I'm pretty sure Avarax has his own accuracy system or something. (_ has missed message, % chance lowers of this happening)

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2007, 04:30:07 pm »
Why would I add something like that, I don't want people to stand on the ground because they ... won't miss Evasion users anymore, while only every 10th player or so actually uses Evasion.
Two at the very most
Four I'm under the host

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2007, 07:12:55 pm »
Xxypher's spell ideas.

Blinding Flash:
Defensive, Spell
The nearest enemy is blinded for a certain amount of seconds.
The higher the level, the longer it lasts, when the enemy is blinded its nothing but a white screen and a countdown.
Every level gets you .5 seconds added?

Double fire:
Offensive, static.
When activated, the player will shoot twice as much for the amount of time you have, which matters on your level.

Nader summon:
Summon, spell.
When summoned, the "ghoul" is equipped with three nades, when the nades run out, he slowly gets them back, like every 3 seconds he gets another, but when he touches the flag, he just grabs it, not duplicates, we don't want nade spamming.

Army summon:
Summon, spell.
When summoned, three very weak ghouls come, they have 1/3 the health and 1/3 the power, and still do the exact same as regular ghouls.

Speeder summon:
Summon, spell.
This is a ghoul that uses a flamer to speed around the map, when it touches the flag, it turns into a ghoul and tries to cap with it, but has only 2/3 of the normal health.

Flag returner:
Offensive, spell.
If the flag is in a certain radios of you, even in the enemies hands, it returns the flag.

Teleporter:
Defensive/Offensive, static:
When used, you teleport to a random location.

Sinker:
defensive, static:
When used, your character goes in the ground, good for being a coward, when time is up, you return to the surface.

Freezeray:
Defensive, spell.
When used, the closest enemy near you freezes for about 3 seconds. The higher the level, the longer they are froze.

Flaghunting Ghoul:
summon, spell.
When summoned, the ghoul will stay wherever the flag is, and if an enemy has the flag, it will find and chase it.

Explosion barrier:
Defense: Protects you from all explosives like LAWS, Nades, and M79's. But doesn't' protect from bullets, and only lasts a certain amount of time that matters on what your level is.
Effect: This works like manna, but only with explosives, and lasts a certain amount of time, and doesn't just wear off with one hit from something powerful. Bullets, though, can penetrate it and hit you, but explosions do no damage.
starts at 3 seconds at first level.
Every level you gain half a second.

Inf. Jets:
offensive: When used, you have inf jets until it wears off.
Effect: Keeps your jet amount full until it wears off.
First level you get 2 seconds, and each level you get half a second added on.

Well, grenades are a fun factor in Soldat, so why discourage it? Especially when its a part of the game.

Burning Alive
Offensive, hybrid.
Static part: Every kill you make goes towards a charge.
Spell part: Once you get to 5 charges, your closest enemy will be engulfed in flames which take half his health away and during the fire, his gun can't be used.
Now in my thoughts, that is a good one. Maybe the "during the fire the gun can't be used" part could be taken out.
 But I think its good for Hexer.

Date Posted: August 01, 2007, 10:47:18 PM
Metal Detector
Offensive, static.
If you have no weapon, the closest discarded weapon/knife will be teleported into your hands.

Date Posted: August 01, 2007, 10:49:37 PM
Burning Alive REDONE:
Offensive, Hybrid.
Static part:Every kill you make gains a charge.
Spell part:Once you have gained 5 charges, the spell can be used. It sets the closest player to you on fire and takes half damage. If the player has warmth, it takes only 1/4 of the health because the warmth reacts against it. Once the player is set on fire he has a small amount of time where he has the chance to set any enemies on fire also. So it can be both useful and dangerous.
Cooldown is 150 seconds to reassure there is no lad. Warmth and warstandard are good anti's against this making it hard for the flames to damage.
+1% damage / per skilllevel

Burning Alive REDONE 2:
Offensive, Hybrid.
Spell part:When you gain 5 charges and use the spell, it sets the closest player on fire, the fire slowly hurts the player according to if he has warmth or warstandard is on. For every level, a small amount of damage is added on. 1% of damage per skilllevel. Using double body while on fire will set the closest enemy near you on fire giving you his health, weapon, and so on. But that is if you are still on fire. The fire does not last long to make sure no lag will be made. Cooldown is 150 seconds.
I will keep working on this if I have to.

Burning Alive REDONE 3:
Offensive, Hybrid.
Spell part:Once you get 5 charges, you can type in /ofs again to use the spell, the nearest person to you catches on fire and looses 50% of his health. When used, after your first kill after using the spell, the cooldown starts at 200 seconds. If it is a ghoul or kami you use it on, they automatically are killed.
Better? Worse?

Burning Alive REDONE 4:
Offensive, Hybrid.
Spell part:Once you get 5 charges, you have the ability to use the spell, it makes the nearest enemy from you get set on fire, the fire will slowly hurt him up to 50% the faster and more he moves, the quicker it will go out. Each second of being on fire hurts 4%. Cooldown of 150 seconds, I took of 50 seconds because it is less deadly on this one.

Share:
Offensive, spell
When your shot and when you shoot, bullets only do half damage, which may be a good thing while being attacked, may be a disadvantage while attacking someone, but should even out.
Every skill level will bring .1 more damage back to the enemies.

Grenade finder:
Offensive, static
When running on ground, you have a small chance of "finding" grenades. What this spell does is when you walk, not jet, you can slowly get back grenades if your out or have thrown one, but if your grenade pack is full, you can't find anymore.
+0.5% chance / per skilllevel

Full weapon reload
offense, spell.
When used, you recover all grenades, all ammo, and fully reloaded guns that you have.
40 second cooldown.
-1 second cooldown / per skilllever

Eye for an eye
offensive/defensive, spell.
When your hit, the same damage has a 25%/+1 per skilllevel chance of hurting whoever shot you. Much like Thorn vest.
More details: When activated every shot your enemy makes at you has a chance of hurting himself. But also when used, gives your guns a small boost of strength maybe?
40 cooldown, no changes when skilllevel goes up.

Needs work I think.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 02:49:54 pm by Xxypher »

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2007, 06:01:08 am »
Proximity Mines are a good idea and I might aswell add some kind of damage over time skill like that Infliction later.

What doyouthink of these?

Pulsar Onslaught
Offensive, Spell
Rapidly accelerates your soldier towards the nearest enemy on screen. Moves so fast that you go even through walls. Once you reached your opponent, a giant nova of bullets radiates from you in all directions.

Flamed Bullets
Offensive, Skill
Creates random flames around spots where your bullets hit an opponent so he or his near allies eventually catchfire.
Two at the very most
Four I'm under the host

Offline jakobs

• Major
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2007, 03:09:07 pm »
Chameleon
Defensive, Hybrid
Changes your team color to enemy color for 30-40 sec.
you can attack and take flag
Every lvl -cooldown

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2007, 03:22:15 pm »
Xxypher's spell ideas.

Blinding Flash:
Defensive, Spell
The nearest enemy is blinded for a certain amount of seconds.
The higher the level, the longer it lasts, when the enemy is blinded its nothing but a white screen and a countdown.
Every level gets you .5 seconds added?

More to come.

Well, i dont think you can blind a player's screen - but if you can it would be the most overused spell in the game. Perhaps change it to Blinding Munitions, where every hit slowly blinds your enemy.

Proximity Mines are a good idea and I might aswell add some kind of damage over time skill like that Infliction later.

What doyouthink of these?

Pulsar Onslaught
Offensive, Spell
Rapidly accelerates your soldier towards the nearest enemy on screen. Moves so fast that you go even through walls. Once you reached your opponent, a giant nova of bullets radiates from you in all directions.

Flamed Bullets
Offensive, Skill
Creates random flames around spots where your bullets hit an opponent so he or his near allies eventually catchfire.

Pulsar Onslaught: Sounds like it can be pretty buggy, and if it can go through walls then you may have people stuck in them - or other exploits. The skill itself can be useful sometimes.

Flamed Bullets: I like this idea, but it can cause lag (think about if everyone used this with autos like the minimi?) If it doesn't lag then go for it.

Chameleon
Defensive, Hybrid
Changes your team color to enemy color for 30-40 sec.
you can attack and take flag
Every lvl -cooldown

Well, its not very useful as it counters itself. Both teams simply have to activate this at around the same time to counter it. Im not sure if you can change colors with scripting - but i could be wrong.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 03:24:13 pm by Biscuiteer »
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2007, 03:30:49 pm »
- Skykanden's Suggestions-[/b]

Chaos Barrier:

Deffensive spell, protect you of the enemie attacks

Holly Sword:

Offensive spell, summons a giant sword and attacks to your front and back

Hidden
Static spell, you can be in predator mode, without moving 10 secs, if you shot or move the spell disspears

Back Killer
Offensive spell, you can appear on the back of a enemie

Healing Sanctuary:
Healing static spell, You can create a place by 2 minutes to heal your teammates

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2007, 05:30:31 pm »
Why would I add something like that, I don't want people to stand on the ground because they ... won't miss Evasion users anymore, while only every 10th player or so actually uses Evasion.
more of for TW-style or realistic games.. i guess it wouldn't fit in unreal...

there really should be a realistic hexer server.. at least just one. so people like me can play and enjoy it :) (possibly survival, but thats less popular, so I wouldn't if I were you :P, although it is what i play)

im not much of an idea guy, but i'll give something..

Defensive Post
Summoning, Spell
When your player is within the mid-point of the map and his allies' side, he may create a stationary gun and a bot (with only fist) to man it (MovePlayer to it's location) until 2 kills (or time, whatever u prefere.. 10 secs is good?) are gained by the bot, where as then both the stationary gun and bot will disappear. (is there a bug with people seeing the stationary gun that is created by the server? I heard something like this, but never really bothered to read more. if so, then may want to wait until that is fixed. obviously, have to wait until MovePlayer comes back)

Date Posted: July 04, 2007, 06:28:21 PM
Hidden
Static spell, you can be in predator mode, without moving 10 secs, if you shot or move the spell disspears
You can not turn off predator mode other than the time limit.

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2007, 08:46:34 pm »
Chaos Barrier- Well, it sounds just like Mana Shield. How is it different?

Holy Sword- Could be possible, but not really that useful (enemies tend to be farther away)

Back Killer- I dont think you can script something like that, but Avarax has already thought of the general idea (Pulsar Onslaught)

Healing Sanctuary- Sounds like a warstandard without the need of a flag. Well, it could be dangerous to have your buddies bunched up next to each other but the skill might be useful.

Defensive Post- I dont think you can create a stationary post in-game. It isnt very useful in many situations.
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2007, 06:26:38 am »
Stop figuring out new scripts and skills. Better try to find the way how to make your servers stable. Hexer script is awesome but shit to play when server crashes after every 6-7 minutes. And there should be auto-save feature.

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2007, 11:43:58 am »
Pulsar Onslaught: Sounds like it can be pretty buggy, and if it can go through walls then you may have people stuck in them - or other exploits. The skill itself can be useful sometimes.

Flamed Bullets: I like this idea, but it can cause lag (think about if everyone used this with autos like the minimi?) If it doesn't lag then go for it.

1. Pulsar Onslaught wouldn't be buggy since it would teleport the player and not actually move him rapidly.

2. I don't think it would lag. We'll see ;Q

Comments on all skills posted before:

Blinding Flash: I already had such spell in mind before, but the only way to blind a player is to draw a giant white text message on his screen which as far as I expirienced drops fps to below 5.

Chameleon: Impossible with scripting.

Chaos Barrier: Mana Shield.

Holy Sword: Gay name plus how am I supposed to summon "a giant sword"? ;Q

Hidden: Impossible.

Back Killer: Pulsar Onslaught.

Healing Sanctuary: That seems like some good idea to me, would need a strong healing effect though. Since we don't have a healing spell with a beneficial effect for allies yet (warstandard is passive), I think I'm going to add something like it.

Defensive Post: Too bad MovePlayer can't be used on bots (according to EnEsCe). Though, even if it was possible, I think I wouldn't add such spell.
Two at the very most
Four I'm under the host