Author Topic: Hexer spell & feature suggestion thread  (Read 36148 times)

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
Re: Hexer spell & feature suggestion thread
« Reply #160 on: August 01, 2007, 11:43:36 am »
Share:
Offensive, spell
When your shot and when you shoot, bullets only do half damage, which may be a good thing while being attacked, may be a disadvantage while attacking someone, but should even out.
Every skill level will bring .1 more damage back to the enemies.

Grenade finder:
Offensive, static
When running on ground, you have a small chance of "finding" grenades. What this spell does is when you walk, not jet, you can slowly get back grenades if your out or have thrown one, but if your grenade pack is full, you can't find anymore.
+0.5% chance / per skilllevel

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #161 on: August 01, 2007, 04:51:46 pm »
Repel
Defensive, Static
Whenever you are dealed damage, Repel reduces this damage by 5.5% and returns those bits of damage to the shooter. Returned damage can't be higher than 60 (=40% of max health), returned damage can't kill the shooter.

I like what i'm seeing here, very nice indeed.

Share:
Offensive, spell
When your shot and when you shoot, bullets only do half damage, which may be a good thing while being attacked, may be a disadvantage while attacking someone, but should even out.
Every skill level will bring .1 more damage back to the enemies.

Grenade finder:
Offensive, static
When running on ground, you have a small chance of "finding" grenades. What this spell does is when you walk, not jet, you can slowly get back grenades if your out or have thrown one, but if your grenade pack is full, you can't find anymore.
+0.5% chance / per skilllevel

Share: Mana Shield is better, because you take no damage but can still dish out the pain without any decreases in the output.

Grenade Finder: Yet another iffy skill; encourages grenade use - and maybe exclusive nade use which can nullify alot of non-friendly spells - but other ofs skills can be more damaging.
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #162 on: August 01, 2007, 10:34:38 pm »
Well, grenades are a fun factor in Soldat, so why discourage it? Especially when its a part of the game.

Burning Alive
Offensive, hybrid.
Static part: Every kill you make goes towards a charge.
Spell part: Once you get to 5 charges, your closest enemy will be engulfed in flames which take half his health away and during the fire, his gun can't be used.
Now in my thoughts, that is a good one. Maybe the "during the fire the gun can't be used" part could be taken out.
 But I think its good for Hexer.

Date Posted: August 01, 2007, 10:47:18 PM
Metal Detector
Offensive, static.
If you have no weapon, the closest discarded weapon/knife will be teleported into your hands.

Date Posted: August 01, 2007, 10:49:37 PM
Burning Alive REDONE:
Offensive, Hybrid.
Static part:Every kill you make gains a charge.
Spell part:Once you have gained 5 charges, the spell can be used. It sets the closest player to you on fire and takes half damage. If the player has warmth, it takes only 1/4 of the health because the warmth reacts against it. Once the player is set on fire he has a small amount of time where he has the chance to set any enemies on fire also. So it can be both useful and dangerous.
Cooldown is 150 seconds to reassure there is no lad. Warmth and warstandard are good anti's against this making it hard for the flames to damage.
+1% damage / per skilllevel

Burning Alive REDONE 2:
Offensive, Hybrid.
Spell part:When you gain 5 charges and use the spell, it sets the closest player on fire, the fire slowly hurts the player according to if he has warmth or warstandard is on. For every level, a small amount of damage is added on. 1% of damage per skilllevel. Using double body while on fire will set the closest enemy near you on fire giving you his health, weapon, and so on. But that is if you are still on fire. The fire does not last long to make sure no lag will be made. Cooldown is 150 seconds.
I will keep working on this if I have to.

Offline Rijid

• Major(1)
« Reply #163 on: August 01, 2007, 11:20:40 pm »
Tree of Life
A tree is spawned at the players location that heals anyone near it. it has a lifespan, amount of health given and can be destroyed. 

Lol, Shadowrun.

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #164 on: August 01, 2007, 11:22:18 pm »
Tree of Life
A tree is spawned at the players location that heals anyone near it. it has a lifespan, amount of health given and can be destroyed. 

Lol, Shadowrun.
D= That is a horrible spell, it would be useless basically anyways, people would just make lots of them, stand at them the whole time so they wont die...
It would be spammed horribly.

Offline freestyler

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #165 on: August 02, 2007, 06:49:56 am »
Tree of Life

Lol, Shadowrun.
D= That is a horrible spell, it would be useless basically anyways, people would just make lots of them, stand at them the whole time so they wont die...
As far as I know, Cleansing Monsoon will work like that. Once player uses /heal, monsoon is spawned at his XY and heals every player which is inside of it.

Quote from: Xxypher
Well, grenades are a fun factor in Soldat, so why discourage it? Especially when its a part of the game.
You cannot modify grenades counter by scripting. The only thing you can do is spawning grenadekit.

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #166 on: August 02, 2007, 12:13:03 pm »
Tree of Life

Lol, Shadowrun.
As far as I know, Cleansing Monsoon will work like that. Once player uses /heal, monsoon is spawned at his XY and heals every player which is inside of it.

You cannot modify grenades counter by scripting. The only thing you can do is spawning grenadekit.
That isn't true, Avarax gave me a code a while ago that gave you unlimited Nades, and I have been in servers that would slowly give you grenades.
It is possible.

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #167 on: August 02, 2007, 12:35:33 pm »
That isn't true, Avarax gave me a code a while ago that gave you unlimited Nades, and I have been in servers that would slowly give you grenades.
It is possible.
... Which is done by continuously spawning grenade kits at your player's position, yes.

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #168 on: August 02, 2007, 10:33:54 pm »
Okay I get it now.

Full weapon reload
offense, spell.
When used, you recover all grenades, all ammo, and fully reloaded guns that you have.
40 second cooldown.
-1 second cooldown / per skilllever

Offline Tosty

• Soldier
  • Ultimate TW Medic
    • Just Click it
« Reply #169 on: August 02, 2007, 11:37:44 pm »
How about this

Summon

Sacred bow :
 Atomaticly summons a flame bow on you w/ 3 ammo
Bow dissaperas whene ammo is gone
Each bullet dose 300% of what a normal flame shot would
Double explosive area
230 second cooldown
-5 second cooldown per lv
at max lv explosive area is 3 time the size of a normal

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #170 on: August 03, 2007, 12:35:15 am »
How about this

Summon

Sacred bow :
Double explosive area
230 second cooldown

This is an offensive move, not a summon.
That "at mac lv explosives area is 3 times the size of normal" That is a bad idea, think about it, a small map, you with that box, three shots, that would both lag and destroy everything...
Its also too risky in my eyes.

Offline Brok3n Arr0w

• Major
« Reply #171 on: August 03, 2007, 12:43:40 am »
im really liking the thorn vest and glad it was put in.  thats only the really good one i've seen lately.  

i dont really like the charging idea with the "burning alive."  if a guy is really owning he can get way too powerful against attackers.  and is the damage delt 50% of current health (60% health to 30% health) or 50% of total health (60% to 10%)?  what if the guy is spawn killing?  he will be unstoppable.  

what is the official list so far on spells??

on a side note, the tree of life was ripped from shadowrun.  but it cant be "spammed."  it would only last so long, like 30 seconds, but more trees would stack affect.  plus it can be killed. 
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 12:46:26 am by Brok3n Arr0w »
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #172 on: August 03, 2007, 12:49:08 am »
im really liking the thorn vest and glad it was put in.  thats only the really good one i've seen lately. 

i dont really like the charging idea with the "burning alive."  if a guy is really owning he can get way too powerful against attackers.  and is the damage delt 50% of current health (60% health to 30% health) or 50% of total health (60% to 10%)?  what if the guy is spawn killing?  he will be unstoppable. 

what is the official list so far on spells??
That is why there is a 150-200 cooldown for it. Its just like something from Avarax's voodoo spell he has going. But instead of hearting bot you and the people around you, it targets a single guy. It isn't overly powerful because you need 5 kills just to be able to use it, then another five kills and 200 seconds because another use can be done. Its like a summon, but without the constant kills, plus it only deals half the damage when you don't have warstandard or warmth. It can be used very tactfully it you use it right. And a great skill for when you have the flag.
And 50% health is taken on impact from flames. not just half. I was using 100% health as an example to being attacked with this spell.

Offline who flung poo

• Soldier
« Reply #173 on: August 03, 2007, 01:00:11 am »
Fireball (offensive)
Most common of common spells
Affects M79 and Ruger
M79 round goes 3x farther 2x faster
Ruger gets 200% damage increase

Scattered Fireball (offensive)
Affects shotgun
Pellets go 3x farther and 2x damage increase

Invisibility (defensive?)
Basically like the 'predator' upgrade

Invincibility (defensive)
For a short period of time, player is not at all affected by damage

I know they're basic and gay but thats all i could think of for now :P
Realistic mode only baby. (;

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #174 on: August 03, 2007, 01:03:58 am »
Fireball (offensive)
Affects M79 and Ruger

Affects shotgun

I know they're basic and gay but thats all i could think of for now :P
Those are all horrible and would be spammed.
sorry.

Offline who flung poo

• Soldier
« Reply #175 on: August 03, 2007, 01:07:20 am »
spammed? how so?

EDIT: i know they're horrible

EDIT2: ohh i see now, i thought that you could only use spells once every game not every now and then, sorry
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 01:12:50 am by who flung poo »
Realistic mode only baby. (;

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #176 on: August 03, 2007, 01:09:13 am »
Eye for an eye
offensive/defensive, spell.
When your hit, the same damage has a 25%/+1 per skilllevel chance of hurting whoever shot you. Much like Thorn vest.
More details: When activated every shot your enemy makes at you has a chance of hurting himself. But also when used, gives your guns a small boost of strength maybe?
40 cooldown, no changes when skilllevel goes up.

Needs work I think.

And for who just posted before me...
the invincibility would be spammed so much, seeing as your invincible.
The invisible makes no since, seeing as there is already pred, you said it was an upgrade though, well, that would make pred obsolete.
And M79 and rugger are already strong enough, don't need upgrades.

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #177 on: August 03, 2007, 01:46:12 pm »
Full weapon reload
offense, spell.
When used, you recover all grenades, all ammo, and fully reloaded guns that you have.
40 second cooldown.

This is pretty much what conjure clip does, i think.

Sacred bow :
Double explosive area
230 second cooldown

Any skill involving the rambo/flame bow is already overpowered, I would know being a rambo vet myself.

Fireball (offensive)
Affects M79 and Ruger

Affects shotgun

Fireball: Impossible to do with scripting

Scattered Fireball: Also impossible

Invisibility: Vanish....

Invincibility: Mana Shield...

Eye for an eye
When your hit, the same damage has a 25%/+1 per skilllevel chance of hurting whoever shot you. Much like Thorn vest.
More details: When activated every shot your enemy makes at you has a chance of hurting himself. But also when used, gives your guns a small boost of strength maybe?

Needs work I think.

So a spell version of my Thorn Vest? I think it might be too late to post that, but it would have to be better than the static version if you were to make it.
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #178 on: August 03, 2007, 02:55:31 pm »

Burning Alive
Offensive, hybrid.
Static part: Every kill you make goes towards a charge.
Spell part: Once you get to 5 charges, your closest enemy will be engulfed in flames which take half his health away and during the fire, his gun can't be used.
Now in my thoughts, that is a good one. Maybe the "during the fire the gun can't be used" part could be taken out.
 But I think its good for Hexer.

Date Posted: August 01, 2007, 10:47:18 PM
Metal Detector
Offensive, static.
If you have no weapon, the closest discarded weapon/knife will be teleported into your hands.

Date Posted: August 01, 2007, 10:49:37 PM
Burning Alive REDONE:
Offensive, Hybrid.
Spell part:Once you have gained 5 charges, the spell can be used. It sets the closest player to you on fire and takes half damage. If the player has warmth, it takes only 1/4 of the health because the warmth reacts against it. Once the player is set on fire he has a small amount of time where he has the chance to set any enemies on fire also. So it can be both useful and dangerous.
Cooldown is 150 seconds to reassure there is no lad. Warmth and warstandard are good anti's against this making it hard for the flames to damage.
+1% damage / per skilllevel

Burning Alive REDONE 2:
Offensive, Hybrid.
Spell part:When you gain 5 charges and use the spell, it sets the closest player on fire, the fire slowly hurts the player according to if he has warmth or warstandard is on. For every level, a small amount of damage is added on. 1% of damage per skilllevel. Using double body while on fire will set the closest enemy near you on fire giving you his health, weapon, and so on. But that is if you are still on fire. The fire does not last long to make sure no lag will be made. Cooldown is 150 seconds.
I will keep working on this if I have to.

Burning Alive REDONE 3:
Offensive, Hybrid.
Spell part:Once you get 5 charges, you can type in /ofs again to use the spell, the nearest person to you catches on fire and looses 50% of his health. When used, after your first kill after using the spell, the cooldown starts at 200 seconds. If it is a ghoul or kami you use it on, they automatically are killed.
Better? Worse?

Burning Alive REDONE 4:
Offensive, Hybrid.
Spell part:Once you get 5 charges, you have the ability to use the spell, it makes the nearest enemy from you get set on fire, the fire will slowly hurt him up to 50% the faster and more he moves, the quicker it will go out. Each second of being on fire hurts 4%. Cooldown of 150 seconds, I took of 50 seconds because it is less deadly on this one.

Date Posted: August 03, 2007, 03:38:25 PM
Full weapon reload
offense, spell.
40 second cooldown.

This is pretty much what conjure clip does, i think.

Sacred bow :
Double explosive area
230 second cooldown

Any skill involving the rambo/flame bow is already overpowered, I would know being a rambo vet myself.

Fireball (offensive)
Affects M79 and Ruger

Affects shotgun

Fireball: Impossible to do with scripting

Scattered Fireball: Also impossible

Invisibility: Vanish....

Invincibility: Mana Shield...

Eye for an eye

Needs work I think.

So a spell version of my Thorn Vest? I think it might be too late to post that, but it would have to be better than the static version if you were to make it.
The spell version also has a temp boost on weapons, making it a little more useful since it isn't a static skill. Being the spell makes it so you can deal more damage, both from your temporarily powered up weapons, and the chance of them feeling your pain. Maybe adding another feature or replacing the temp weapon power up, with something else.
Maybe if I mixed Eye for an eye and the burning alive script I want so badly to be just perfect...

Maybe having Burning alive also give you the ability of your "thorn vest" for about 5-10 seconds?

Burning Alive/ Eye for an eye:
Offensive, Hybrid.
Static part: Every kill you make gains a charge.
Spell part: Once you get 5 charges, you have the ability to use the spell, this skill sets the nearest person on fire slowly taking damage of up to 5% per second, mattering on your skill. this spell will also give a Thorn Vest effect making the enemy that is shooting you take damage at around 50% per shot. Seeing as this skill has been buffed up, I will give it a 250 second cooldown to make up for its strength.

Good?

Date Posted: August 03, 2007, 03:46:21 PM
I also have anotehr idea.
Instead of learning only 4 skills, maybe 5?
Heal, Defense, Offense, summon, and charge?
Like the Burning alive skill that takes 5 charges and a certain cooldown time to use?

Date Posted: August 03, 2007, 03:51:21 PM
Also, during the game, people spam the !balance code, can you make it usable only ever 2 minutes?
That would help me not being yanked back and forth every 5 seconds...

Offline freestyler

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #179 on: August 03, 2007, 04:09:33 pm »
Also, during the game, people spam the !balance code, can you make it usable only ever 2 minutes?
That would help me not being yanked back and forth every 5 seconds...
Balance triggers itself every two minutes. But yeah, there should be some kind of 'balance-lock', which doesn't allow '!balance' change your team, if you were moved two times in a row.