Author Topic: Hexer spell & feature suggestion thread  (Read 36285 times)

Offline King_Of_Pain

• Major
  • Buy tickets to a Police concert. Now.
Re: Hexer spell & feature suggestion thread
« Reply #220 on: August 08, 2007, 08:09:10 pm »
Teleporter Offensive, Spell

When Teleporter is cast, the nearest enemy player is instantly moved to a few feet forward of your position, and cannot shoot for 1 second after teleportation. Cooldown will be reduced at each level up, and 'freeze time' (where the player cannot shoot) will increased by one second at levels 4, 6, and 10, for a maximum of four seconds.

Teleport - This is pretty much Burrow Mk.2 except they teleport above you and are disarmed for a moment. Players will quickly learn to nade you dead if you happen to use this often. Denied.

The idea was that they'd be sitting ducks when they arrived (including nades, guns, everything except fists), and that anyone caught in a teleporter would have to dodge for a few seconds before counter-attacking.

It's much easier to program than the Burrow spells, too.

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #221 on: August 08, 2007, 10:41:16 pm »
To me, that sounds interesting, but seeing as Biscuit doesn't like it, its a no.

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #222 on: August 09, 2007, 03:03:40 pm »
The idea was that they'd be sitting ducks when they arrived (including nades, guns, everything except fists), and that anyone caught in a teleporter would have to dodge for a few seconds before counter-attacking.

It's much easier to program than the Burrow spells, too.

I don't think you can tinker with the grenade count with scripting. Because this is an advanced disarm, essentially, people will favor this over the other, resulting in the death of disarm. Skills aren't supposed to kill off other skills, so this is still a Denied.
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline King_Of_Pain

• Major
« Reply #223 on: August 09, 2007, 06:28:03 pm »
Teleporter Mk.2 Offensive, Spell

When Teleporter is cast, the nearest enemy player is instantly moved to a few feet forward of your position, and the person who cast teleportation is invulnerable to attacks for one second after casting. Cooldown will be reduced at each level up, and  invulnerability time will increased by one second at levels 5 and 10, for a maximum of three seconds.

Will this suit your needs better, Biscuiteer?

Offline freestyler

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #224 on: August 10, 2007, 02:31:59 am »
Quote from: King_Of_Pain
(...) at levels 4, 6, and 10 (...)
Quote from: King_Of_Pain
(...) at levels 5 and 10 (...)
Remember, the maximum level in Hexer v0.9.2 will be 50. That increases maximum level of skills to 12th.

Offline Arbiter

• Camper
  • You shot me, fool!
« Reply #225 on: August 10, 2007, 05:35:27 am »
Summon minigunner Summon, spell

A Invincible minigun gunner (100% acc) is summoned. When it's run out of ammo (increased to 200, with no self-bink.), it will be kicked. If it reaches flag,the summoner's team get miniguns as secondaries. Every 3 levels, it gets another clip, where it will auto reload.
Cooldown... 10 mins?
Pretty lame, w/e.

"Why beat kids when you can beat women?" - Espadon
"markin marknousky wont kno what hit him!" - Some loser.
[/i]

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
    • Official Hexer & MMod site
« Reply #226 on: August 10, 2007, 05:57:39 am »
I like to have one Martini
Two at the very most
Three I'm under the table
Four I'm under the host

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #227 on: August 10, 2007, 02:10:40 pm »
Teleporter Mk.2 Offensive, Spell

When Teleporter is cast, the nearest enemy player is instantly moved to a few feet forward of your position, and the person who cast teleportation is invulnerable to attacks for one second after casting. Cooldown will be reduced at each level up, and  invulnerability time will increased by one second at levels 5 and 10, for a maximum of three seconds.

Will this suit your needs better, Biscuiteer?

Teleport Mk.2 - I still dont like it, as it will make it very hard to escape from and/or kill the enemy. Although this no longer kills off Disarm, it kills off Boby Double in version 0.9.2
Pass.
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline [h8]`·._.¸,ø Divi

• Major(1)
  • Crimson Thy Fallen Blood.
« Reply #228 on: August 10, 2007, 02:46:13 pm »
Sacrfice/hybrid defensive
                              Static: When your health goes below 2/4's you slowly lose bullets to regain your health like wise if your bullets go below 1/4

Spell: kill yourself to fully repplinish your allies health and give them small small small warmth and pierce

Cool down : ?? just make it verrrry long lol
Level plus : per 3 level bulllets replinish more health, and health replinishes more bullets but this can only be leveld up once, lest it be sploited.

Summon Medic/hybird summon             
idk if this is possible but can the static part be activated AFTER the spells activated?

Static: Bot increases your health regeneration ratio .1 per level
             Spell : lays medkits over time

cooldown : 340 secs
No per level +'s

The calling of blood/static defensive

If your health goes below 2/4's a very weak bot with no weps and 1/4 health will spawn and it will be named "Blood golem" of course, you have to give up some health for it to work but itll distract yuor enemies long enough for you to get away

Per level increases golems health by 2%.lvled twice, last level they give you health per hit and dmg they do

Ancestral bonds/spell summon

Creates 2  weak bots that, as you kill more, get more powerful, *they can only get 4/4 health and USSCOM if thats possible* once you get 10 kills they get fully powered *read in the astreicks* and per level you can choose to give them main weapons at the cost of thier health *always have 2/4's*
 or give them secondary weapons to have them have low dmg income.

Level plus :  every 3 lvls + dmg and - kills needed, only lvled twice last level they can use main or secondary weps

The spawns men/ summoning/spell

Summons a bot who can *if this is even possible 0o* summon EXTREAMLY!!!!!!! weak bots over a perioid of 1-2 minutes. its sorta like tree of life but with a bot the bot is immoible and can be destroyed.

Dance of blobs. Summoning/ spell

Creates 1 bot every level *4 levels* each is armed with nothing has 1/4 of health and has low dmg income * i mean LOW*

And last and very special!

Call of the summoner / static

Every summoning spell you cast will grant you with points. called Sumpoints. and you get to buy rewards with sumpoints AKA 10 sumpoints for a zerker...clusters...pred.. * iknow vanish but if you dont have it u can buy it :D* and if you get max sum points *u can choose what to do but ill give u a suggestion* you can cancel the cool down on one of your bot summons. :D!

wow... sexy dragon...^.^

Violated signature rules.

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #229 on: August 10, 2007, 03:21:03 pm »
Sacrfice/hybrid defensive
                              Static: When your health goes below 2/4's you slowly lose bullets to regain your health like wise if your bullets go below 1/4

Spell: kill yourself to fully repplinish your allies health and give them small small small warmth and pierce

Cool down : ?? just make it verrrry long lol
Level plus : per 3 level bulllets replinish more health, and health replinishes more bullets but this can only be leveld up once, lest it be sploited.

Summon Medic/hybird summon             
idk if this is possible but can the static part be activated AFTER the spells activated?

Static: Bot increases your health regeneration ratio .1 per level
             Spell : lays medkits over time

cooldown : 340 secs
No per level +'s

The calling of blood/static defensive

If your health goes below 2/4's a very weak bot with no weps and 1/4 health will spawn and it will be named "Blood golem" of course, you have to give up some health for it to work but itll distract yuor enemies long enough for you to get away

Per level increases golems health by 2%.lvled twice, last level they give you health per hit and dmg they do

Ancestral bonds/spell summon

Creates 2  weak bots that, as you kill more, get more powerful, *they can only get 4/4 health and USSCOM if thats possible* once you get 10 kills they get fully powered *read in the astreicks* and per level you can choose to give them main weapons at the cost of thier health *always have 2/4's*
 or give them secondary weapons to have them have low dmg income.

Level plus :  every 3 lvls + dmg and - kills needed, only lvled twice last level they can use main or secondary weps

The spawns men/ summoning/spell

Summons a bot who can *if this is even possible 0o* summon EXTREAMLY!!!!!!! weak bots over a perioid of 1-2 minutes. its sorta like tree of life but with a bot the bot is immoible and can be destroyed.

Dance of blobs. Summoning/ spell

Creates 1 bot every level *4 levels* each is armed with nothing has 1/4 of health and has low dmg income * i mean LOW*

And last and very special!

Call of the summoner / static

Every summoning spell you cast will grant you with points. called Sumpoints. and you get to buy rewards with sumpoints AKA 10 sumpoints for a zerker...clusters...pred.. * iknow vanish but if you dont have it u can buy it :D* and if you get max sum points *u can choose what to do but ill give u a suggestion* you can cancel the cool down on one of your bot summons. :D!

Spell #1 - Not useful as your life can depend on a single bullet. Denied

Medic - Summons are supposed to kill, and this one doesnt... Spawning medkits is alright, but bots tend to be slow.... Denied

Blood Golem - Spawning something by having critical health (or other means than /summon) is just not going to cut it. A bot that heals you when it hits something might be useful, though. Pass

Ancestral Bonds + 'Spawns Men' + 'Dance of Blobs' - Any summons that summon MORE than one bot at a time is an instant Denied because they can clutter servers very quickly.

Call of the summoner - Not really generally useful because this will pretty much permanently weaken a character by losing out on a skill. The cooldown reducing ability is super-ceded by the upcoming Mage-Blooded anyway. I'm pretty sure Avarax left out the possibility of gaining bonuses for other skills or the such for a reason. Denied
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline Chameleon

• Major
« Reply #230 on: August 10, 2007, 04:25:03 pm »
Theif/Ghost (lack of better name)
offensive
when used, it steals a spell from the closest enemy and casts it right away
much like the ghost in mario cart

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #231 on: August 10, 2007, 06:47:58 pm »
Theif/Ghost (lack of better name)
offensive
when used, it steals a spell from the closest enemy and casts it right away
much like the ghost in mario cart

Spell Snatch - I'm not really sure what your skill is about, please explain further.
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #232 on: August 10, 2007, 09:26:40 pm »
A spell snatcher would be great to use, stealing a random player's random skill and uses it on yourself would be fun.

Here is just a random one that comes to mind.
Extreme heating:
Defensive, spell.
When used, a random player, or the closest to you cooldowns all go up by 100, making it take a while before they can be re-used.
120 cooldown, +1 second duration/ skilllevel.

Summon pain:
Summon, spell.
When used, a bot is summoned with no weapons, just fists, but when it collides with someone, half their health is drained, it can only collide with two enemies max.
Colldown is at 260 seconds. -1 second/ skilllevel.

Summon thief:
Summon, spell.
When used, a bot is summoned, when it collides with another player, it randomly takes either its weapons, health, or grenades. It can use whatever it takes "Or gives them to you".
220 cooldown.

Offline SirJamesaford

• Flagrunner
  • SirJamesaford is still in the early Beta stage.
« Reply #233 on: August 10, 2007, 09:48:17 pm »
You really want one of your spells implemented dont ya xxy? lol
And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
Ill see you on the dark side of the moon

Offline King_Of_Pain

• Major
« Reply #234 on: August 10, 2007, 10:04:52 pm »
Alright, I've been tinkering with my Teleporter idea a little more. I know Teleporter Mk. 2 already got a 'pass', but I'm experimenting to see if I can get a 'easily passed' or better.

Teleporter Mk.2.1A Offensive, Spell

When Teleporter is cast, the nearest enemy player is instantly moved to a few feet forward of your position, the person who cast teleportation is invulnerable to attacks for one second after casting and the person caught in the teleporter will be invulnerable for one second. and Cooldown will be reduced at each level up, and  invulnerability time will increased by one second at levels 4, 8, and 12 for a maximum of four seconds.

This is a mildly modified version of Mk.2, just to see if I can increase the balance slightly.

Teleporter Mk.2.1B Offensive, Spell

When Teleporter is cast, the nearest enemy player is instantly moved to a few feet forward of your position. Cooldown will be reduced at each level up.

An extremely watered down version of the spell, just to see if it gets a better approval rating.

In my opinion, Teleporter Mk. 2 is still the best choice. It strikes a good mark between balance and strategic use. These two suggestions are experiments to see whether or not there is a more appealing version of the spell.

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #235 on: August 10, 2007, 10:16:46 pm »
A spell snatcher would be great to use, stealing a random player's random skill and uses it on yourself would be fun.

Here is just a random one that comes to mind.
Extreme heating:
Defensive, spell.
When used, a random player, or the closest to you cooldowns all go up by 100, making it take a while before they can be re-used.
120 cooldown, +1 second duration/ skilllevel.

Summon pain:
Summon, spell.
When used, a bot is summoned with no weapons, just fists, but when it collides with someone, half their health is drained, it can only collide with two enemies max.
Colldown is at 260 seconds. -1 second/ skilllevel.

Summon thief:
Summon, spell.
When used, a bot is summoned, when it collides with another player, it randomly takes either its weapons, health, or grenades. It can use whatever it takes "Or gives them to you".
220 cooldown.

Xxypher's Spell Snatcher - Could be useful, but because you don't always know what you will 'steal', it   can only degrade your potential power. This is a Pass.

Extreme Heating - Not really useful by itself, as spells aren't the ones that kill people; they only help kill people, mostly. Pass

Summon Pain - Not useful because they actually have to contact  the enemy in order to halve their health, whereas a ghoul would of killed them already.Denied. A better idea could be a bot that degrades the health of everything around it, dubbed the 'Plague Bearer'.

Summon Thief - Still not a useful summon, as it doesn't get you any EP, has to touch the enemy, and other pre-existing summons actually kill stuff.

Teleporter reviews in my next post...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 04:45:11 pm by Biscuiteer »
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline King_Of_Pain

• Major
« Reply #236 on: August 10, 2007, 11:36:53 pm »
Xxypher's Spell Snatcher - Could be useful, but because you don't always know what you will 'steal', it   can only degrade your potential power. This is a Pass.

Extreme Heating - Not really useful by itself, as spells aren't the ones that kill people; they only help kill people, mostly. Pass

Summon Pain - Not useful because they actually have to contact  the enemy in order to halve their health, whereas a ghoul would of killed them already.Denied. A better idea could be a bot that degrades the health of everything around it, dubbed the 'Plague Bearer'.

Summon Thief - Still not a useful summon, as it doesn't get you any EP, has to touch the enemy, and other pre-existing summons actually kill stuff.

Coming soon: King Of Pain's Teleporter Mk 2.1A & B Reviews, so check this post tommorow.

Wow, Xxypher. 2 out of four ain't bad, especially in this thread. Nice work!

Offline SirJamesaford

• Flagrunner
  • SirJamesaford is still in the early Beta stage.
« Reply #237 on: August 11, 2007, 01:18:27 am »
I dont like the teleporter ideas at all... just doesnt seem like it would be of much use.
And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
Ill see you on the dark side of the moon

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #238 on: August 11, 2007, 01:19:39 pm »
I will get more passed! Trust me!

Summon Poison:
Summon, spell.
When summoned, this bot will slowly poison the people they collide with, when the bot is killed, the poison goes away. The poison does 1% damage per second at first level.
Cooldown 230 seconds. -1 cooldown/ skilllevel.
+1% poison strength/ 2 skilllevels.

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #239 on: August 11, 2007, 04:44:39 pm »
Alright, I've been tinkering with my Teleporter idea a little more. I know Teleporter Mk. 2 already got a 'pass', but I'm experimenting to see if I can get a 'easily passed' or better.

Teleporter Mk.2.1A Offensive, Spell

When Teleporter is cast, the nearest enemy player is instantly moved to a few feet forward of your position, the person who cast teleportation is invulnerable to attacks for one second after casting and the person caught in the teleporter will be invulnerable for one second. and Cooldown will be reduced at each level up, and  invulnerability time will increased by one second at levels 4, 8, and 12 for a maximum of four seconds.

This is a mildly modified version of Mk.2, just to see if I can increase the balance slightly.

Teleporter Mk.2.1B Offensive, Spell

When Teleporter is cast, the nearest enemy player is instantly moved to a few feet forward of your position. Cooldown will be reduced at each level up.

Teleporter Mk 2.1A & B - They are both inferior versions of the upcoming Body Double update. Denied

Before i go onto Xxypher's 'Summon Poison' Spell, let me clarify my ratings:

Denied:[/i] Means the idea is generally bad and is not really useful in some sort of way, by itself and/or compared to other suggested and preexisting ideas.

Ideas can often get a Denied if they:

• Repeat a previousally suggested idea or are too similar to another idea
  • Have only one poor effect or too many
  • Are too complicated or simple
  • Have very irrational effects
  • For summons, they don't involve summoning a bot, involve summoning many bots, involve collision-based bots (Kamis are NOT collision-based), or involve a bot that does not really attack

Pass:[/i] Means the idea is generally decent but doesn't compare up to previousally suggested and/or preexisting ideas.

Ideas generally might get a Pass if they:

• Have an effect that does not do well on its own
  • Has an effect that is useful, but is too similar to an upcoming or preexisting idea

Approved:[/i] Means the idea is generally satisfactory and can compare up to most skills overall. It has originality, usefulness in any or almost any situation, and is rational. This rating is the ONLY one that gives the thumbs up to the idea.

Summon Poison:
Summon, spell.
When summoned, this bot will slowly poison the people they collide with, when the bot is killed, the poison goes away. The poison does 1% damage per second at first level.
Cooldown 230 seconds. -1 cooldown/ skilllevel.
+1% poison strength/ 2 skilllevels.

Summon Fester Fiend - Any collision-based bots are pretty much a waste of time, sorry. A ranged version might be useful, but unlikely compared to the kami.Denied
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 05:06:59 pm by Biscuiteer »
Un ~ Biscuiteer