Author Topic: Hexer spell & feature suggestion thread  (Read 36291 times)

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
    • Official Hexer & MMod site
Re: Hexer spell & feature suggestion thread
« Reply #280 on: August 12, 2007, 06:42:49 pm »
who cares, I'm the one who approves or denies ;Q
I like to have one Martini
Two at the very most
Three I'm under the table
Four I'm under the host

Offline SirJamesaford

• Flagrunner
  • SirJamesaford is still in the early Beta stage.
« Reply #281 on: August 12, 2007, 06:46:14 pm »
Bisc, I am sorry to say, but you approve everything Avarax says, even if it has been suggested before, or if its worse then other things passed.

I'd approve the his suggestions too lol hes the guy in charge...bis helps test and admins too...Hes just playin it smart lol
And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
Ill see you on the dark side of the moon

Offline Brok3n Arr0w

• Major
« Reply #282 on: August 12, 2007, 08:54:36 pm »
i was thinking, and i think i dont like any of the new skills.  or any of the old ones for that matter.  i think there should be just one - u summon a super pwn bot with fully auto m79 and barret, infinite health, and 1000% damage.  avarax, u need to pick up the ball.  the summon can be activated every 5 seconds by pressing alt+f4. 

lawlz jk its doing great. 

for the summon u need, is my assassin back in the line-up?  i thought u might have cut it when u took some slots. 
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
« Reply #283 on: August 12, 2007, 08:57:22 pm »
no, i cut thornling, assassin is in with exactly 10000% damage taken (= any 1 hit -> death) but 50 and up to 70 % evasion
Two at the very most
Four I'm under the host

Offline [h8]`·._.¸,ø Divi

• Major(1)
  • Crimson Thy Fallen Blood.
« Reply #284 on: August 13, 2007, 12:45:50 am »
Hmmm why not this?

Summon Wall of abosorpation / spell

Spell : Creates an invisible wall that hurts the enemies slowly.. *ososlowly* but over time the more they pass it the more damage it causes... and it heals the caster 1/2 of all the damage it has done once the spell wears off

Duration: 1 minute

Lvl gains : speedier dmg *by like... 1 hp lol...* a TAD bit wider AoE if possible.

Cool down : 2 minutes.
wow... sexy dragon...^.^

Violated signature rules.

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #285 on: August 13, 2007, 01:32:56 am »
abosorpation isn't a word.

This has been suggested so so much... And all is denied or passed. So I know your getting a denied.

Offline Brok3n Arr0w

• Major
« Reply #286 on: August 13, 2007, 12:58:12 pm »
i dont think anything quite like this has been suggested.  but still, i think it is to situation specific.  and how big (tall) is the wall?  does it make a complete vertical wall all the way thru the level, including polys?  i dont think it will fly. 

i like the 50%-70% evade with super low health.  it makes it so u cant be sure if ur gonna kill it or not.  but i would have put it a little higher evade (60-80) or a little lower evade (45-65) and a little more life (less damage input).  or maybe, have the damage input go down with level up, so it eventually gets to a point where it takes 2-3 shots (from weaker weapons) to kill it.  and what weapon does it carry?  and what happens on flag grab/cap?  and will it COMPLETELY evade m79, or will a single poorly aimed explosive kill it? 

question - when someone casts vanish, how do some people who pass by just right get pred too?  do you spawn more than one predkit?  will this be possible (multiperson invis) with the assassin spell? 
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 01:02:03 pm by Brok3n Arr0w »
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #287 on: August 13, 2007, 02:16:47 pm »
OK i have a summon idea.

Desecrate Corpse
Summon
Exploit nearest corpse to animate 1...2 zombies.

I know you don't want more spells but I came up with this and felt like sharing it.

Spirit Walk
Offensive/spell
Spirit Walk to target nearest foe. For 30...10 seconds, you cannot use primary weapons.

The idea is to transport near the target and be able to use the saw or knife, thus the no primary effect.

OBEY!!!

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #288 on: August 13, 2007, 06:00:19 pm »
Bisc, I am sorry to say, but you approve everything Avarax says, even if it has been suggested before, or if its worse then other things passed.

I approve everything Avarax says? Not really.... I denied his initial Burrow spell because it can be used for cheese tactics. I'd also would like to note that I approve most of Avarax's ideas because they are well thought. He starts with an original idea, puts in useful and balanced effects, and then tops it off with a non-noobish name; Avarax thinks BEFORE he posts an idea!

Summon Wall of abosorpation / spell

Spell : Creates an invisible wall that hurts the enemies slowly.. *ososlowly* but over time the more they pass it the more damage it causes... and it heals the caster 1/2 of all the damage it has done once the spell wears off

Duration: 1 minute

Lvl gains : speedier dmg *by like... 1 hp lol...* a TAD bit wider AoE if possible.

Cool down : 2 minutes.

Wall of Absorption - An invisible field would mean you could be slowly killing yourself... The effect is also too slow and weak as people are generally always moving.... Denied

question - when someone casts vanish, how do some people who pass by just right get pred too?  do you spawn more than one predkit?  will this be possible (multiperson invis) with the assassin spell? 

This little side-effect will be fixed in the next Hexer version. Also in the next version, Vanish will NO LONGER FAIL!.

OK i have a summon idea.

Desecrate Corpse
Summon
Exploit nearest corpse to animate 1...2 zombies.

I know you don't want more spells but I came up with this and felt like sharing it.

Spirit Walk
Offensive/spell
Spirit Walk to target nearest foe. For 30...10 seconds, you cannot use primary weapons.

The idea is to transport near the target and be able to use the saw or knife, thus the no primary effect.

Desecrate Corpse - Impossible or Near Impossible to script, and is not nearly as useful as the Ghoul. Remember any summon spell that summons more than one is an instant Denied.

Spirit Walk - Its a little unbalanced as you can break through defenses easily when done right, and i think scripting can't tell primaries and secondaries apart. The upcoming Body Double update has more uses and is too similar. Denied
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline Tosty

• Soldier
  • Ultimate TW Medic
    • Just Click it
« Reply #289 on: August 13, 2007, 06:14:07 pm »
i got one

mummy

summon

Summons a mummy with 300-500% hp
shot acuracy is very low though (like 20-30%)
Mummy will slowly loose health (arount 2-3 pper sec)
Whe mummie dies he is kicked
230 sec. cooldown
-5 sec cooldown per lv
-.1 hp los per sec
 [retard] :o [retard]

Offline King_Of_Pain

• Major
  • Buy tickets to a Police concert. Now.
« Reply #290 on: August 13, 2007, 07:30:25 pm »
I know you don't need any more spell suggestions, but here's one for the road. This will be my final spell suggestion, unless I get a super-ultra amazing idea that I have to tell the world.

Reflector Defensive, Spell

When cast, all bullets that hit you do 0 damage, and the person who is shooting the bullets receives half the damage the bullets would have done to you. Cooldown reductions and the percentage of damage reflected (up to 75% at level 12) will be done at each level up.

The upcoming Body Double update has more uses and is too similar.

Everybody talks about the new Body Double update, saying it has tons of uses and does everything. What's so new about it, exactly?

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
« Reply #291 on: August 14, 2007, 08:28:45 am »
i like the 50%-70% evade with super low health.  it makes it so u cant be sure if ur gonna kill it or not.  but i would have put it a little higher evade (60-80) or a little lower evade (45-65) and a little more life (less damage input).  or maybe, have the damage input go down with level up, so it eventually gets to a point where it takes 2-3 shots (from weaker weapons) to kill it.  and what weapon does it carry?  and what happens on flag grab/cap?  and will it COMPLETELY evade m79, or will a single poorly aimed explosive kill it?

The assassin will be more of an assistant minion, all previously introduced summons where more of a stand alone thing. Since Assassin will carry a barrett and is invisible, you yourself just have to distract the enemy, so he doesn't notice the Assassin and BAM down he goes. IF an enemy spots the assassin, he will probably rape it within 2 seconds. However, random shots that hit him wont do much because of the high evasion and he will also be very strong vs. all slow fire rate weapons due to the evasion: ruger, barrett and m79.
Regarding m79: Evasion can evade the splash damage of an explosion, but not the direct hit damage. This means, a poorly aimed m79 grenade will most likely NOT kill Assassin.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 08:40:15 am by Avarax »
Two at the very most
Four I'm under the host

Offline freestyler

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #292 on: August 14, 2007, 12:44:48 pm »
Reflector Defensive, Spell

When cast, all bullets that hit you do 0 damage, and the person who is shooting the bullets receives half the damage the bullets would have done to you. Cooldown reductions and the percentage of damage reflected (up to 75% at level 12) will be done at each level up.
There's already a skill like that.. it's named Repel afair.

The upcoming Body Double update has more uses and is too similar.

Everybody talks about the new Body Double update, saying it has tons of uses and does everything. What's so new about it, exactly?
New Body Double exchanges coordinates of players. For example, you plant a mine (Claymore), stand on it and then use Body Double. Baam! Exchanged enemy blows up. ;)

Offline Duck Boi

• Soldier
  • ('')('_')('')
« Reply #293 on: August 14, 2007, 05:58:24 pm »
Couple of little things,
Think holy medikit good be improved,  it's a bit useless compared to mana shield

And also, like the kami and ghoul, with the new summons have special abilities? (like the ghoul can multiply and the kami can set a bomb)

Shotgun is too overpowered any level 30 with good shotgun skills can take almost everyone and anyone

And there is to many suggestion like
SUPER BISCUTEER
Biscuteer joins, kicks everyone but you
cooldowns 6 seconds

Think the new summon should be VERY unique, and different to the others.
Needs more variation, I would try, but it's late and I'm tired

And I'm not liking the burrow idea, I think it's useless seeing as vanish is already availible...

Apart from that, I think everything is fine, and I really want the vampire skill updated!

*Waits to be flamed then brutally beaten by Biscuiteer*

I also agree on gaining more EP for multi kills!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 06:03:29 pm by Duck Boi »

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
« Reply #294 on: August 14, 2007, 07:13:43 pm »
I'll leave the shotty as it is... People are too conservative... wait two weeks and most of the whine about spas is gone.

@Tosty:
I read every post, however I can't be arsed responding to each one which usually means I dislike the idea or don't have a slot for it. Please stop spamming the thread up like this.

K this is how Summon Assassin turned out:

Summon Assassin
Summon, spell
Summons an almost invisible stealth assassin that's equipped with barrett. The Assassin dies if it takes a single shot, but it has an evasion chance of 64.4%. If the Assassin is shot and evades, it will however reveal itself for a short moment. If the Assassin caps, it will sacrifice itself and transfer its stealth powers to its owner, granting him invisibility that lasts until he dies.
390 seconds cooldown.

+4.0% evasion chance per skilllevel (bonus is halved every 4 skilllevels)
-13 seconds cooldown per skilllevel (bonus is halved every 10 skilllevels)

This "bonus is halved every X skilllevels" is btw a featur of the new skillbalance structure, allowing a better and more rounded balancing, preventing high level skills from being too strong and at the same time not adding a real limit to them. I will post the entire skillbalance once 0.9.2 is released. Expect it to come this or next week.
Two at the very most
Four I'm under the host

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #295 on: August 14, 2007, 09:02:21 pm »
Think holy medikit good be improved,  it's a bit useless compared to mana shield

And also, like the kami and ghoul, with the new summons have special abilities? (like the ghoul can multiply and the kami can set a bomb)

Shotgun is too overpowered any level 30 with good shotgun skills can take almost everyone and anyone

And there is to many suggestion like
SUPER BISCUTEER
Biscuteer joins, kicks everyone but you
cooldowns 6 seconds

Holy Medkit is actually pretty good, although an increase in the amount of hits it reduces damage would be nice.

Yes, the new Bot summons will have on-cap bonuses.

If the shotgun seems to strong, try taking the battle with a long-range weapon.

Super Biscuiteer? lol.... Thats pretty funny!

And Avarax, i am a little concerned about that perma-vanish effect from the Assassin....
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #296 on: August 14, 2007, 09:56:11 pm »
Manna-bot:
Summon, spell.
Summons a bot with the manna-shield that is equipped with an HK-MP5. After a kill, it is kicked, but gives you Manna-shield like if you had just used the skill. If he touches the flag, he will be kicked, but gives you manna-shield that lasts twice as long.
Cooldown is 300 seconds.

+1 kill before kick per skilllevel.
-5 seconds cooldown per skilllevel.

Must like Avarax's, but with mana and a little less insanely hard.

Offline King_Of_Pain

• Major
  • Buy tickets to a Police concert. Now.
Whoever spots my trickery gets a cookie.
« Reply #297 on: August 15, 2007, 12:02:37 am »
This is the feature suggestion thread, so here are a few non-spell suggestions:

• EP bonuses for Double/Triple/Multi Kills
MAYBE
[li]Chainsaw is always one hit kill (in current state, not one hit kill even with same level target[/li] WILL DO
[li]Figure out a viable way to prevent Vanish from failing, if possible[/li] DONE
[li]Make Kamikaze trail bullets not fall through the ground[/li] NOT POSSIBLE
[li]Update all Hexer servers to 1.4.2 (please)[/li] DONE
[li]Introduce a '/save' command, to solve the inconviences of logging out and logging in[/li] DONE
[li]Make everybody named 'King Of Pain' an admin ;D[/li] ABSOLUTELY
[/list]

Wow, awesome job Avarax! You're the best, no doubt about it!

Offline Chameleon

• Major
« Reply #298 on: August 15, 2007, 06:37:48 pm »
let me try and make it clearer.

closest enemy to you has
warmth (static)
vanish (ready)
pierce (static)
kami (not ready yet)

when you cast the theif spell, you steal his vanish and cast it on yourself.

only problem i could see with this, is what if the enemy has two spells ready, like mana shield and vanish. which one would it pick...maybe whichever one has been ready for longer (if that gets logged)

if you still dont understand, ill explain further when i have more time

Spell Snatch - So, this spell steals a foe's spell at random? Alright, its interesting but it won't really be popular as you don't know what you're going to steal and some people dont have spells (save their summons - but i doubt you can steal that) I'm giving this spell a Pass

what if it goes to the closest enemy witha spell ready.

so if the closest enemy doesnt have any spells, it goes to the next closest. and so on and so on until it finds an enemy with a spell.

and if there were no enemies with spells ready, your spell fails and you can recast it anytime (you dont have to wait for the cool down until you actually cast it)

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #299 on: August 15, 2007, 07:24:12 pm »
let me try and make it clearer.

closest enemy to you has
warmth (static)
vanish (ready)
pierce (static)
kami (not ready yet)

when you cast the theif spell, you steal his vanish and cast it on yourself.

only problem i could see with this, is what if the enemy has two spells ready, like mana shield and vanish. which one would it pick...maybe whichever one has been ready for longer (if that gets logged)

if you still dont understand, ill explain further when i have more time

Spell Snatch - So, this spell steals a foe's spell at random? Alright, its interesting but it won't really be popular as you don't know what you're going to steal and some people dont have spells (save their summons - but i doubt you can steal that) I'm giving this spell a Pass

what if it goes to the closest enemy witha spell ready.

so if the closest enemy doesnt have any spells, it goes to the next closest. and so on and so on until it finds an enemy with a spell.

and if there were no enemies with spells ready, your spell fails and you can recast it anytime (you dont have to wait for the cool down until you actually cast it)

What if there are no enemies with a spell (or currently useful spell) at all? The idea is good, but in practice its too random to rely on which will lead to a semi-weakened character. I'm still giving it a Pass

Let the ideas continue...
Un ~ Biscuiteer