Author Topic: FPS problems  (Read 1369 times)

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
FPS problems
« on: July 08, 2007, 03:48:12 pm »
So I have a FPS problem. 25-35 FPS when playing. I enable video compatibility -> works, but cant see any texts.

Hoorray for MM.

FFS alt+tabbing always about halfs the FPS. "Why go windows when u play lol" because I need to ffs. E:

"lohol buy new comp ^_____^" No need to.
"Reinstall Soldat" won't change a thing.
"Try different drivers" not gonna try, as everything else works well.

"What kind of hardware do you have" Fast enough to run pre-1.4.1 Soldat @ 350+ FPS.

ty for your time. :E

« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 03:50:32 pm by Clawbug »
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
Re: FPS problems
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 04:23:55 pm »
What video card and what drivers do you have?

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 05:18:38 pm »
What video card and what drivers do you have?
Runnign with GeForce 7300GT w/ GDDR3 and ForceWare 93.71.

Actually this COULD be a driver issue, but I think it did not exist in pre-1.4.1.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 05:43:36 pm »
Just because you're only having problems after 1.4.1 doesn't mean that it isn't a driver problem.  There were some changes in 1.4.0 and 1.4.1 with how text is drawn on the screen, and it is possible that the drivers you're using have bugs or performance issues with the new technique.  You should make sure you have the latest drivers.

What is ForceWare, is that NVIDIA drivers or some third-party drivers?

Also, it is possible that something like a windows update impacted how your drivers work, thus also requiring a driver update.

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 06:01:15 pm »
What is ForceWare, is that NVIDIA drivers or some third-party drivers?

Also, it is possible that something like a windows update impacted how your drivers work, thus also requiring a driver update.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_94.24.html

So yes, ForceWare are the drivers for Nvidia cards. Clawbug is running 93.71 while the link above is 94.24.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 06:41:33 pm »
Well bah. :| I will update the drivers to the latest ones published.

It is a problem with the text drawing anyway, as the vodeo compatibility mode fixes it. Bad thing is that the text is drawn way too small when using compatibility mode. :|

I will play around wut the driver settings aswell, if new drivers aren't working.

E: It seems to be working all fine now, except that I am getting 80-120 FPS right now, but alt+tabbing does not half the FPS. I will probably test with 91.xx drivers too to see if it happens with the old drivers only.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 07:02:59 pm by Clawbug »
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 07:05:00 pm »
So updating works?

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 11:37:05 am »
So updating works?
It does. But there seems to be something wrong still, as I had around 350 FPS with pre-1.4 Soldat, so a huger performance loss, I think, but it might be because of different drivers settings, CPU/GPU clock speeds and such.

Date Posted: July 08, 2007, 08:07:38 PM
Ok, it does not work with new drivers either. I don't know what causes it, but at least it is not driver issue. (O if it is, there is no fix for it yet)

I tried those 93.xx, 94.xx and 91.xx, none of them works. It works when I install drivers restart -> working. Then restart -> ain't working.

Video compatibility fixes it, but it feels like that the mouse cursor is runnign with 60 FPS, bullets run with 60 FPS, But polygons run with less than 20. They are warping alot, more than they should be. Like it updates their position every 3th frame.

The game is completely unplayable for me in clanwars without video compatibility mode, and VC mode enabled, kill console is way too small to see what is happening in the server.

Is there alot of waiting for 1.4.2?

E: I am getting 30 FPS even with VC enabled. :| No AA, no AF, nvidia driver tweaking does not do anythig.. Overclocking aint helping, shutting down other progams ain't helping either. Every other game/program runs all fine.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 12:01:47 pm by Clawbug »
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2007, 12:15:11 pm »
... o.o

Perhaps you could try uninstalling/reinstalling?

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2007, 12:21:02 pm »
Hmm, I will try to now. I am pretty certain it is jsut a bug.

As I said before, every time I alt+tab or disconnect+connect it about halfs the FPS. On map change it does not half it but reduces it around to 70% of what it used to be, so 3 round cw last round is real pain in the ass to play if the first round happens to run with clean 50-60 FPS.

E: Tried it. Ain't doing a thing, it works for the first round qite well, on map change FPS reduces, as it does with alt+tabbing/disconnect+reconnecting.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 12:54:44 pm by Clawbug »
Fight! Win! Prevail!