Author Topic: Everything is messing up in soldat  (Read 1614 times)

Offline Kaabi

• Major(1)
Everything is messing up in soldat
« on: July 04, 2007, 11:46:00 am »
I don't know what is wrong.  So many things are going wrong, I can't even play anymore!  First, I put that BattlEye fix in my soldat folder but I still get kicked from games for no reason.  Second, often when I request servers nothing happens, and I have to try multiple times.  Third, 80% of the servers I get have pings of 9999 and I can't join them, and out of the remaining 20%, I get kicked from 10% of them for no reason, and then 5% are these Deathmatch games with "No limit" that just go on forever and I hate them, and then lots of games are full of stupid bots and no real people.  It's been a long time since I've genuinely enjoyed a game of soldat, what's wrong?

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
Re: Everything is messing up in soldat
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 11:50:03 am »
did you actually install the update?

u13 is messed up, so it isn't worth playing.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Bionic_Hand

• Major
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 12:11:12 pm »
Yea, u13 was quite fun. Ever few minutes people could damage, loved it. =[

Offline Kaabi

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 07:25:53 pm »
What update? I downloaded 1.4.1 from here:

http://www.soldat.pl/download.html

And I also put that BattlEye patch in the folder but it doesn't do nothing.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 07:42:50 pm »
Did you put the version.txt file into your Soldat folder as well? It came along with the update.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 09:40:28 pm »
What with everyone saying that they put the battle eye update in the soldat folder? I just ran the exe and it did what it needed to. I have no problems.

Edit: Wait.... are people coping the patch exe into their soldat folder without running it thinking that thats how you update it?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 09:43:16 pm by bja888 »

Offline Snow

• Camper
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 11:05:08 pm »
I've had a few connection problems including having to retry requesting servers. A very odd problem I had was yesterday on a #frac server, where I was unable to disconnect from the server, then later after a few tries kept connecting on with 2 gosteks - 1 red, 1 blue on a CTF map. It resulted in getting kicked. But that coulda been more of a problem on the server end.

The biggest headache for me is when servers change maps. Almost always I get the "wrong map version detected" error. When I connect back onto the same server, everything is fine until next map change when it happens again.

Otherwise Soldat is running like a charm and Battleeye hasn't given me much grief well unless it causes the wrong map thing, but I can live with that until the next version comes out.
"Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb." - Dark Helmet

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 03:28:07 am »
What with everyone saying that they put the battle eye update in the soldat folder? I just ran the exe and it did what it needed to. I have no problems.
Edit: Wait.... are people coping the patch exe into their soldat folder without running it thinking that thats how you update it?

There was only a zip file at first; my installer was added after a week or two. So probably not.

Offline Kaabi

• Major(1)
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 07:21:16 am »
Did you put the version.txt file into your Soldat folder as well? It came along with the update.

Where is this version.txt file?  And I forgot to actually run the BattlEye update, lol, I just put it in the folder.  Maybe that should fix stuff.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 07:33:16 am »
Ah, ignore my post then. I was assuming you did the manual install, before Toumaz made his installer.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Kaabi

• Major(1)
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2007, 07:53:37 am »
Okay I was using Soldat 1.4.0 I thought that was the latest but I just got 1.4.1 and it's all good lol sorry for the trouble.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2007, 08:02:06 am »
I am just hoping nobody could be that ignorant.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline pinOi32

• Camper
  • "Bravo kid's bad day"
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2007, 01:45:04 pm »
u just have bad luck. lol jk
Pls use my amazing interface:
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=27584

I WIN!!

WHY MY KARMA SUCK??

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2007, 02:35:23 pm »
Okay I was using Soldat 1.4.0 I thought that was the latest but I just got 1.4.1 and it's all good lol sorry for the trouble.

lmao.
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Justin1223

• Soldier
  • Don't be stressed..get a life!
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2007, 02:51:41 pm »
i got probs with the game too, but there tottally different and i can live with them. re-install soldat is all i can think of. :-\
uuuhhhh.......I like pop tarts. yay! :P

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2007, 03:36:41 pm »
u just have bad luck. lol jk
i got probs with the game too, but there tottally different and i can live with them. re-install soldat is all i can think of. :-\

uhm wtf guys, he said he fixed the problem.  He just had an old version of soldat and it's now working!!!
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Wormdundee

• Soldier
  • Ruger what?
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2007, 06:46:42 pm »
That's why people need to start doing the [SOLVED] thing in their thread subjects in here after its been solved. But I think that's been mentioned before.

So, it's good that it was just something that you forgot and not something more serious.