Author Topic: Soldat campaign mode  (Read 1852 times)

LtHerbert

Soldat campaign mode
« on: July 05, 2007, 05:07:02 pm »
in most games that you can also play online there is a campaign mode (with set levels and what not)  i think this would be really cool for soldat escpeslialy if u use the default bots and have bosses and team mates and a whole story line. what do u guys think?

Offline whitelie

• Major(1)
Re: Soldat campaign mode
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 05:18:02 pm »
thats a great idea i like the boss part i coud just imagine a bot thats like 40x the normal size that takes like 1000 m79 grendades to kill ahh i would just love it and it would open up a whole new bunch of maps for the game.
WALES 4 LIFE!!!
any other welsh players here? if so pm me id love to talk lol

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 05:21:54 pm »
Well, that would be too much work for Micheal and the other Programmers to add in. Soldat is mainly a multiplayer game anyway.

btw - the offical story for Soldat is :
It's Quake style:
A couple of guys decided to kill each other and you can be one of them.

Not
Its just like some other game story - style:
You go kill that one noob because he killed your wife.
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 07:25:06 pm »
Well mate, you're certainly not the first to suggest this.

As always, I'll have to let the idea down. Soldat just wasn't made for this, and I think it would be really lame if it was ever attempted. Actually we have proof thereof allready. Look at climbmaps. That's the closest we come to any remote attempt at making something arcade or campaign related, and it totally blows right there allready.

Sorry mate, I just don't think it will ever fit soldat.
I do not support.

echo_trail
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline Shivorken

• Soldier
  • Full Blood Azn
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 08:17:18 pm »
Here's what you will ever get close enough to a campaign atm.

http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=16186.0

It's damn fun and i rekon you'll probably like it.
[/url]

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 08:58:16 pm »
If there were to ever be campaign, soldat would have to have what every other game has (well...not every...), a protoganist with an unusual amount of health. Then, you would need working doors, elevators, and other such things. Then there would have to be cutscenes, moving background and foreground images... missing any one of these things, and well, singleplayer campaign isn't quite so much fun.

You aren't gettin a singleplayer campaign mode into Soldat. The best you'll get is what we have already, maps set up to mock scenerios. I've also vouched for campaign in the past but...although it would be nice, it won't happen anytime soon/or never.

Offline Super Vegeta

• Major
    • SV Games - The home of all my creations.
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 04:06:50 am »
Yup, the truth is that if ya want to create a nigle-player campaign, a lot of new things should be implemented to Soldat. Cutscenes, something like doors, elevators, controllable bot behaviour - like one is patroling, while the second one rests his ass comfortably on the watch tower, and a lot of other things.

So, as far, the only campaign mode fitting Soldat is - as for me - a zombie hunt (either saw, knife or null), but that can be done with teammatch + placing spawn points on different ends of the map.

Offline Protoman

• Soldier
  • ~whistle~
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 09:47:12 am »
I could see Cpn_Mission1 as a map. It would require a lot of coding and a huge map, but It could happen. Just remember, this game is not like Diablo, where quests are abundent.

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
  • IRC: S[Ex]eh-Legend
    • Fractured Forums
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 09:53:45 am »
Too complicated. F11.

Ingame: King Legend.10- | Clan: In10sitY | Prev. Clan: OXiD | M79 Slag

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2007, 02:48:47 am »
Humm...a huge map that would be realistic...but would be based off of a zombie hunt type thing...

I have a slight idea. Make a city, fields outside. Basically a zombie hunt. Eradicate all of the zombies before they reach the city and "spread the zirus." It would be a backwards infiltration where the zombies start with the black flag. They'd have to run it into the middle/gates of the town and they would only have to score one point to win. There would be fields on both ends of the town and lotsa zombies. This would be somewhat similar to a campaign mission and would have to be played multi-player online. Zombie Defense (kinda like tower defense) would be a good name for this. Defenders of the city would win once the time ran out (5-10 minutes)(or scored the points necessary).

Anyone think this sounds good? Would anyone have any desire to play it?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 02:52:43 am by Blacksheepboy »